Can I transfer my gamer tag to my kid?

Discus and support Can I transfer my gamer tag to my kid? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So when I first set up Xbox a few years ago I used my account because my kids did not have their own. One kid has been playing on mine for a few years... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by edtbla, Nov 24, 2022.

1. edtbla
    edtbla Guest

So when I first set up Xbox a few years ago I used my account because my kids did not have their own. One kid has been playing on mine for a few years and has it linked with his friends. can I transfer it to his email address now? I don't want him to continue using a name associated with my email but also don't want him to lose the progress he has made in the games he plays or to have to re-connect all his contacts.

:)

edtbla, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Edtbla

Sorry to say but any kind of content transfer between Microsoft accounts can’t be made

The Xbox profile / gamertag is associated with a Microsoft account and this profile can’t be transferred
  3. GAURANGUBHAYAKAR Win User

family group

Does my son's gamer tag stay on my account?

can I transfer the gamer tag to his own email?
  4. Megan M23 Win User

Trying to change email address on Minecraft account

I take it I can not transfer the Xbox profile to another Microsoft account? As a parent that set up the game when my kids were young, it should be transferable once the child comes of age.

So is it possible then to delete gamer tags /Minecraft profiles and restart completely so that they can use their current emails? Or will that screw up my Xbox account?
  5. l3v3l6 Win User

Transfering my gamer tag

But I don't want to swap them. I don't care about one of the GTs. I just want to relate a different WLID, that has a GT I don't care about, to a GT that I always use.
  6. Miss Portia Win User

Transfering my gamer tag

Hey there I3v3I6 - in order to accomplish what you would like, you'll need to create a 3rd Windows LIVE ID that has never had an Xbox LIVE Gamertag attached, then change the WLID associated with GT#1 to this 3rd WLID. After that, you should be able to change
    GT#2's WLID to the one you just freed up. :)
Thema:

1. Can I transfer my gamer tag to my kid? - Similar Threads - transfer gamer tag

2. Transfer game save data to another gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer game save data to another gamer tag: Hey! I got the new Hogwarts game and played a ton on it before realizing I was playing on my boyfriends account/gamertag. Is there a way to move that game save data to my account/gamertag? We have...
  3. How to transfer gamer tag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer gamer tag?: My brother and I have shared a single account for the past 5-6 years. I recently got my own and now we have to figure out what to do. He wants to keep the gamer tag but I want to keep the actual...
  4. Transfer Xbox gamer tag data to new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer Xbox gamer tag data to new account: Hello, My son has been using my primary email aligned gamer tag for years and has accumulated status he wants to keep. He is now older and I want to transfer his data and status to a new account...
  5. Am I able to transfer any content from one gamer tag to another

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to transfer any content from one gamer tag to another: When I got my son Xbox I created everyone a account somewhere down the line my son started using my gamer tag with my email and made it his own…so what I’m asking is there a away room transfer his...
  6. Transfer Gamer Tag to a non-Microsoft Email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Gamer Tag to a non-Microsoft Email: Hi, Years ago I made my Gamertag under my dads email, which is an outlook account. Now I would like to transfer that GT over to my email (a Gmail account), without totally deleting my Dad's...
  7. Transfer gamer tag and saved data from main profile to another on same console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer gamer tag and saved data from main profile to another on same console: When my son got his Xbox one he hooked it up and signed in using his mom's Microsoft account. Before I realized he hadn't signed on using his account, he created a tag and was saving to the main...
  8. Transfer gamer tag to new account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer gamer tag to new account: I created an account and gamer tag under my email years ago when my son was a minor. How can I transfer this gamer tag to my son now? I presume he must first create his own Microsoft account....
  9. How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I transfer my gamer tag when I cannot sign onto an old account?: I have been using my gamertag for 15 years on my Xbox360. The email it was set up and attached to is no longer available to me as it was an old work email. Xbox live sent a request (out of the...
  10. Transfer gamer tag to my son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer gamer tag to my son: Hi, ive read several threads from 2017 and 2019, which appeared to be unresolved and i am in the same position; i want to find out if microsoft has done anythimg to resolve this yet. I set up the...