Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?

Discus and support Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently signed up for gamepass via windows 11, which created a new profile linked to my Microsoft account based on gmail. I have an old xbox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by M1_281, Nov 25, 2022.

1. M1_281
    M1_281 Guest

Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?

I recently signed up for gamepass via windows 11, which created a new profile linked to my Microsoft account based on gmail. I have an old xbox 360 gamertag & account which was set up using the original googlemail ending (but otherwise same email address).

I've ended up with two separate accounts with Microsoft linked to the same email, the 'gmail' account has the gamepass subscription on it, the 'googlemail' has my original gamertag and historic gameplay data on it.

How can I use the old 360 gamertag with the gamepass subscription? From what I've read so far it doesn't sound possible to merge the two profiles / accounts?

:)

M1_281, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but there is no option to transfer or merge two Microsoft accounts.

The best option now is to use the same Microsoft account on your Windows 11 PC once the subscription expired and continue subscribing on your previous account.
  3. Arminator Win User

Xbox Live profile won't download to 360, Error message 8015000A

[quote user="ScubaDaveTN"]

Deleted existing profile on 360. The profile that was on the 360 was created on the 360 and only used on the 360, never online.

...Before I deleted the games, I transferred them to a USB drive. (hope my achievements are saved)

[/quote]

I have bad news for you. Achievements are saved ON YOUR GAMERTAG PROFILE! So since you say your 360 profile was never online, all your achievements were ONLY stored on that offline profile that you now deleted.

Since you don't seem to have any gaming progress yet on your ScubaDaveTN gamertag yet, I'd suggest the other way around:

Create a Gamertag on the Xbox 360 console, set it all up, and make sure it's up and running and an online profile.

Then download THAT Xbox 360 profile to your Xbox One.

Since you deleted your old 360 profile, you also don't have access to your old savegames and other gaming progress as well as Achievements mentioned above.

I'm sorry to say that, but you're starting with a clean slate it seems :-(
  4. WPAK Win User

Can’t sign in to Xbox live

5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Change email associate to Xbox profile

So basically you are wanting to start over with a new gamertag/xbox profile on the same Microsoft Account.

Are you wanting to do this so that you can start over on achievements in games or what?

There is no way to transfer your current gamertag/xbox profile to an old MS account.

You can create a new account and set your console as your current profiles Home console that way you can play the games that the original account owns on the new account and start over that way.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Download XBOX Gamertag

Thema:

1. Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass? - Similar Threads - transfer old 360

2. Is it possible for me to transfer over an old 360 account to my series X without knowing...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible for me to transfer over an old 360 account to my series X without knowing...: The account was made over a decade ago with my dad, it was under his old email address that he no longer has access too. So resetting the password isn't an option. We couldn't remember the old...
  3. Is there a way I can transfer my gamer score/achievements from my old hardrive Xbox 360...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way I can transfer my gamer score/achievements from my old hardrive Xbox 360...: I recently turned on my old Xbox 360 after 6 years and found out that I had a bunch of achievements from games I used to have, I would like to know if there is a way I can merge/ bring my gamer...
  4. Xbox 360 "Choose New Avatar" Outfit/Prop Transfer from old avatar

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 "Choose New Avatar" Outfit/Prop Transfer from old avatar: If I want to make a new avatar on Xbox 360, will I have to repurchase all my outfits and props or will I still own them? c9116b31-f44b-4410-8c91-8f88c4585437
  5. Can't transfer my old xbox 360 account to my xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't transfer my old xbox 360 account to my xbox.: Hello, I have an account that i am having trouble logging into, as when i was younger i used to play on it alot, and i wish to log back onto it. I can go onto the xbox 360 and get into the...
  6. How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with...: My old Xbox 360 (original release not S) was not working, so I removed the drive and purchased a used Xbox 360 S. I have the USB cable connected to the old drive plugged to the back of new console...
  7. How do I transfer my Xbox live membership from the old 360 to the one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I transfer my Xbox live membership from the old 360 to the one?: Hi , Can anyone tell me how to add my live membership to our new Xbox one console? Also, I know I have a Microsoft account but can't seem to find it? This is the one I set up for my son when he...
  8. Transfer of old 360 (none live) profile to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer of old 360 (none live) profile to xbox one: My son has had a 360 for 4 years or so, but it was never connected to xbox live. Now he's a bit older we've got an xbox one s and xbox live. He doesn't want to lose all the progress on his old...
  9. transfer data from old xbox 360 to new xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    transfer data from old xbox 360 to new xbox 360: xbox 360 elite is dying. purchased new xbox360 500gb/go. what do I need to transfer and how do I do it? thanks, 918dac41-67fa-421c-ae0e-e9991387194d
  10. Wanted to transfer game saves to USB from old 360 to new 360, but USB un-formatted itself?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wanted to transfer game saves to USB from old 360 to new 360, but USB un-formatted itself?: Last night, I used a SanDisk 16GB USB drive to transfer over a couple of game saves from my old 360 to new one. I followed every single step on this website, and the xbox formatted the USB...