Can I transfer a PC game pass to a child?

Discus and support Can I transfer a PC game pass to a child? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Over Christmas I bought the PC game pass so my daughter could try Minecraft. She loves it and I decided to get her a laptop for her birthday so I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jenny Fletcher, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Can I transfer a PC game pass to a child?

Over Christmas I bought the PC game pass so my daughter could try Minecraft. She loves it and I decided to get her a laptop for her birthday so I can have mine back again! Anyway, the game pass is under my account and she's bought a few add-ons from the marketplace.

I started setting up her laptop today with her own Microsoft account but I can't find a way to transfer the pc game pass to her so she can carry on where she left off on her new laptop.

Please help,

Jenny

:)

Jenny Fletcher, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be the Independent Advisor for Microsoft assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern. I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

Sadly licenses like this can't be transferred across accounts :(
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Family access on 2 devices - XBox & Laptop

Game Pass Ultimate does not share on the PC. Only the account that purchased GPU can use it on a PC. There is no way to transfer a subscription between different accounts.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Sold Xbox do I need PC Game Pass

Game Pass Ultimate includes PC Game Pass so as long as you're using the same account, you'd already have it on the PC so there's nothing to transfer.

You can cancel it and just get PC Game Pass if you want. Game Pass Ultimate also includes cloud gaming and Perks (codes for some in-game items/apps), but you won't lose anything else by getting just standard Game Pass.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Transferring Xbox Game Pass pc game to another pc

Hi,

No sorry, not possible. PC game pass titles and Windows 10 titles from the Windows Store are encrypted and can not be transferred.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

I transferred $110 to my sons account by mistake, how do I reverse the transaction or return the funds?

you can indeed transfer money from a parental account to a child account, can be done accidentally too, not sure if there is a way to transfer back as child account cannot transfer money.
Thema:

1. Can I transfer a PC game pass to a child? - Similar Threads - transfer game pass

2. Game Pass transfer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass transfer: I am close to hysteria and nearly crying. Please help. I got a brand new Xbox S as a present , and played it 3 days only. Today i can't log into my account as white screen appears. Literally...
  3. How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?: 2 months ago I created a new, alternate account to try out a free trial code for game pass a friend had given me(you can't use free trial's on existing accounts even if you've never had game pass...
  4. Why XBOX GAME PASS can't transfer games from a PC to another PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why XBOX GAME PASS can't transfer games from a PC to another PC: It's feature is basic and very useful but why users can't transfer games from a PC to another PC. LOL 35ab180e-dd9f-43ec-bf37-909b4eeeb91c
  5. How do I transfer save game data from the normal .sfs format to the xbox live pass save...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I transfer save game data from the normal .sfs format to the xbox live pass save...: How do I transfer save game data from the normal .sfs format to the xbox live pass save game data format I want to use my steam save game files on the xbox live pass but for some reason xbox...
  6. Transferring Xbox game pass between 2 accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferring Xbox game pass between 2 accounts?: I have two accounts set up on my Xbox. I recently got an add on from EE which gives me the Xbox game pass free. The problem is they have added it to my account instead of my son’s account. Does...
  7. How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...: There must be some security?!! Or even how do i put a time restriction on the adult?! Please help 0b5d14da-18c4-4e9f-838c-57db0a1d8cf6
  8. transferring xbox game pass ultimate to another account

in XBoX on Consoles
    transferring xbox game pass ultimate to another account: I bought game pass ultimate and we bought on the wrong account is there any way we can take it off that account and put then put the subscription on another account....
  9. Transfer Forza 4 progress from xbox game pass to steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer Forza 4 progress from xbox game pass to steam: I recently bought forza 4 on steam. I have played it before with xbox game pass and now i want to transfer my progress to my steam account. Is it possible and if yes, how to do it?...
  10. How do I transfer a game pass onto my console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I transfer a game pass onto my console?: I purchased a game pass and activated it through the app. The content hasn't transfered to the xbox series s device so I don't know how to resolve this. Absolutely nothing helpful from the...