Can I track down my stolen xbox one using the serial number?

Discus and support Can I track down my stolen xbox one using the serial number? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just got back from holiday to find my house has been broken into, my question is can my xbox be tracked using the serial number from the box? Many... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by e3predator, Jan 2, 2014.

1. e3predator
    e3predator Guest

I've just got back from holiday to find my house has been broken into, my question is can my xbox be tracked using the serial number from the box? Many thanks

:)

e3predator, Jan 2, 2014
  2. johnmadsen11
    johnmadsen11 Guest
    can you track my stolen xbox

my xbox one s is stolen can you plz track it for me if i give you the

serial.

johnmadsen11, Jan 2, 2014
  3. RansomBros12
    RansomBros12 Guest
    My Xbox One S was stolen!!!!can I track it?

My Xbox One S has been recently stolen and I have come here to ask people if there is anyway to track it down. I am keeping my xbox live active to see if it ever comes online and my friends can notify me. If it ever does come online is there anyway to track
    it? Or can I track the serial number?

RansomBros12, Jan 2, 2014
  4. SirSkunkalot
    SirSkunkalot Guest

I think if you have the serial number you can get surpport to block it from going online and also give the number to the police so if they raid anybody and it turns up you mite (small chance) get it back.

Also ms maybe able to pass on the ip address if it dose come online to the police

Anyway defantly worth calling support

SirSkunkalot, Jan 2, 2014
  5. geekfather
    geekfather Guest
    I do not believe that they track serial numbers when playing. Support cannot block a serial number. Only Enforcement can. You should always write down your serial numbers from all your electronics as this will help your local authorities and your insurance
    company.

Also be sure you change your password to your account.

geekfather, Jan 2, 2014
  6. SirSkunkalot
    SirSkunkalot Guest
    Ok but support can put him on to enforcement.

My bro had his 360 robbed from his flat he rang support and they put him in touch with the enforcement team.

They blocked that console from xboxlive

SirSkunkalot, Jan 2, 2014
  7. geekfather
    geekfather Guest
    Well that would be interesting to see how they do it. The only way Enforcement responds is by complaints through the console or Unauthorized Access complaints. They will also respond to the suspension forums. They have no number in which to contact them.
    I could see if they had a system where you forward an actual police report however there would be way too many people out there trying to get other peoples consoles banned if this was allowed. You can always try support - but based on others who have posted
    here it isn't possible.

geekfather, Jan 2, 2014
  8. Can I track down my stolen xbox one using the serial number?

Well a google search brought me here, but I was thinking they need an app to locate lost/stolen xbox ones, kind of like the mobile security program "lookout" does, I can pinpoint the location of my phone and even turn on gps/phone to help track it online
    using any web browser. Would be cool and help deter thieves if they did know that was possible.

U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Jan 12, 2014
  9. basketcase84
    basketcase84 Guest
    So, I had the same thing happen to me. And the phone support while sympathetic were useless. I would recommend using the online chat, and also make sure you email the chat record to yourself. They will create a stolen Xbox ticket and Xbox enforcement
    will track the Serial Number and the ip address if someone is using it, they will also work with police (if you have a incident number).

basketcase84, Feb 14, 2014
  10. i went on vacation to hawaii recently and brought my xbox one with me.. it was stolen.. along with other very expensive things... at this point i just dont want them to use my accounts, and will i be able to download the games i have purchased on xbox live
    without having to pay again if i get a new console?

OnePeachyGoomba, Mar 5, 2014
  11. Change your password of your Xbox live account and delete any credit cards from the account to be safe. Yes any games you have purchased can be redownload for free, just sign in to your Xbox live account on the new Xbox one and everything will be ready
    to download.. Call XBOX Customer support and tell them to block the stolen console from XBOX live.

Costa Apostolou, Mar 5, 2014
  12. I am looking for my xbox that was stolen and how can i find it through the inter net. Its been months and now I am getting a lot of xbox rewards to my yahoo. mail. That is proof that some one is playing my system on line. I have the opportunity to track
    it down and get back my xbox and games. But and who can i ask for help\?

fearlesSpartacu, Mar 14, 2014
  13. Can I track down my stolen xbox one using the serial number?

can a person find the serial number on the consoles box?(which it was purchased in)

WhoribleBirrrd, May 5, 2014
  14. bigbenx88
    bigbenx88 Guest
    Yes you can. The 360 has a sticker on the bottom that has the console serial number and the X1 has one on the top.

bigbenx88, May 6, 2014
  15. bigbenx88
    bigbenx88 Guest
    Oh, and as for how enforcement, or even the customer care team can track a console with the serial number is the serial number is tied to a console ID number, which is logged every time the machine logs onto Xbox live. That's how they track and then block
    that IP. The police use the serial number to track it through places like Pawn Shops and retail trade outlets like Gamestop and the like.

bigbenx88, May 6, 2014
Thema:

1. Can I track down my stolen xbox one using the serial number? - Similar Threads - track down stolen

2. Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Spotify pause a moment near end of every track?: On my Xbox Series X, my Spotify app will pause for about 1 second near the end of every single track. It is usually around 20 seconds from the end. I am using a wired internet connection, directly...
  3. Is there a separate tracking order to the accessories from my controller when i shipped it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a separate tracking order to the accessories from my controller when i shipped it...: [img] I got my elite series 2 controller serviced and i shipped the controller that comes in its own case with all the accessories in it and i was just wondering if im even going to get that back...
  4. Xbox connects back get stuff like eye tracking and hand gestures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox connects back get stuff like eye tracking and hand gestures: I’m wondering if Microsoft might be wanting to bring the Connex back with features and like eye tracking and hand gestures back. I would be awesome to be able to use hand gestures with Xbox like...
  5. Why are my Achievements not tracking and getting my reward 5 points for Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are my Achievements not tracking and getting my reward 5 points for Microsoft rewards?: I've been earning achievements but they're not tracking in the leaderboards it says I have zero but I have the achievement unlocked and I'm not getting my Five Points for Microsoft rewards...
  6. Xbox 360 Trials Evolution Track Central down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Trials Evolution Track Central down: Hey there, so for a long time Track Central on Trials Evolution on the 360 has been down (option is greyed out). This game has been published by Microsoft so I thought I'd post it here. Figured...
  7. CAN I TRACK DOWN THE IDENTITY OF A LAPTOP OR XBOX OWNER WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    CAN I TRACK DOWN THE IDENTITY OF A LAPTOP OR XBOX OWNER WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER?!: Since 2019, I noticed an XBox I've never purchased attached to my Microsoft account. Everything internet related to Gmail to social networking apps to online accounts has been constantly...
  8. How can I track down my Xbox one when it was stolen and I can’t turn it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I track down my Xbox one when it was stolen and I can’t turn it on: My xbox one got stolen i have the serial number and when i go to find device it tells me to turn it on i have no way of turning it on cause it got stolen 9fab1b8b-2c3c-450a-93d8-de76c1edd215
  9. how can i track down my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i track down my xbox: my xbox one was stolen and i was wondering if i could lock it from my laptop can anyone tell me if they know 265d8c32-4914-43fe-8bd6-ffbbfc8286d6
  10. Stolen Xbox 1 - trying to track it down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stolen Xbox 1 - trying to track it down: Is it possible to track your xbox with the serial number?" a3254e67-05da-4b13-a5d4-0de2fd14bfdd