Can i still use my Walmart 3 year protection warranty if i break the warranty seals on the...

Discus and support Can i still use my Walmart 3 year protection warranty if i break the warranty seals on the... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Series S is quite dirty and loud and i was wondering if i opened it and cleaned it and broke the seals and for some reason in the future my console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AM402, Nov 22, 2022.

1. AM402
    AM402 Guest

Can i still use my Walmart 3 year protection warranty if i break the warranty seals on the...

My Series S is quite dirty and loud and i was wondering if i opened it and cleaned it and broke the seals and for some reason in the future my console breaks or just doesn’t turn on anymore would i still be able to use my 3 year protection plan from Walmart?

:)

AM402, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Can i still use my Walmart 3 year protection warranty if i break the warranty seals on the back of my Xbox Series S?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

This will depend on Walmart policy but with Microsoft if the sticker has tampered the warranty will be voided.

I would highly recommend having it checked with them since you have a warranty with Walmart themselves.
  3. Okilim Win User

My console is banned and what can i do now?

Can i send for warranty since my warranty seal are still perfect?
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Question regarding opening of Series X

I think you might be wrong on that, the tamper seal is not worth the money it cost to make it as we as consumers have a right to repair, as long as the console is not damaged because of the cleaning they have to offer the out of warranty service for when it breaks down the road, and it will break because the SSD will fail and can't be replaced because it's married to the board.
    They are partially correct. In the US we have a right to repair our own consoles and per the FTC even if the warranty sticker has been removed and the system opened, companies still are required to offer repairs regardless.

That being said this varies from country to country depending on their laws. Not all countries have such protections so if you are in a country that doesn't have such a protection then they can deny a repair (even if you offered to pay for it) just for the warranty seal being tampered with.
  5. Defy Lightning Win User

Controller right stick turns to the right slowly

@bwg: I purchased my console from Walmart and bought the 3 year warranty. If I choose to claim for a free replacement, would I still keep the warranty that has 2 years and over a month left for the console? Who would I ask exactly? I saved the email with
    the warranty and just see customer service's number.
  6. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

Is this currently the best X1 deal?

Follow up for the X1 purchase.

I was on the phone for an hour with Best Buy, Gamestop, and Walmart. Gamestop and Best Buy would not price match the online walmart deal. Also this deal is online only.

I ended up buying the X1 online from Walmart using the link in the very first post of this thread. They had THE best deal and had by far THE best warranty.

Best Buy 2 year warranty $80.00

Gamestop 2 year warranty $80.00

Walmart 3 year warranty was only $57.00. :D

I also picked BF4 as the free game. Should all be here in about a week. :D
Thema:

1. Can i still use my Walmart 3 year protection warranty if i break the warranty seals on the... - Similar Threads - still Walmart protection

2. Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.: I’m confused about the fact that we’re half way through April and we still have not heard any news about city skylines 2 coming to Xbox series x/s. We were told early spring 2024, but nothing has...
  3. I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've done all the steps and it still wont let me reply or make a group: it won't let me make or reply to groups even though I did all the things it told me to do 70db31d5-bf8a-4594-b5f6-e886e38f2021
  4. Can you still get into skip ahead rings?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you still get into skip ahead rings?: I’m still waiting trying to get into the skip ahead rings is it still possible to get in there almost in insiders for 5 years now submitted by /u/OrneryRecording8883 [link] [comments]
  5. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  6. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  7. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  8. I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist.: I would like to return an xbox that is faulty and still under warranty, please assist. 20cfa3e7-3b9e-44bd-a75a-683ed5af9b1a
  9. How do I logg a return for an Xbox still under warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I logg a return for an Xbox still under warranty?: Xbox was bought in January and has stated giving problems about a month in. Games keep on crashing when you go in. I would like to return it and get a new one. How do I do this?...
  10. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...