Can i still redeem my free copy of minecraft windows 10 edition?

Discus and support Can i still redeem my free copy of minecraft windows 10 edition? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I brought my minecraft java edition in 2016, so i should be eligeble to get the windows 10 edition for free, but everytime i try entering mojang.com it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by biabelowo, Apr 24, 2022.

1. biabelowo
    biabelowo Guest

I brought my minecraft java edition in 2016, so i should be eligeble to get the windows 10 edition for free, but everytime i try entering mojang.com it redirects me to minecraft.net so i don't know what i need to do. I also already migrated my account so would that make it so i can't redeem my copy anymore?

:)

biabelowo, Apr 24, 2022
  2. AdamYeti Win User

Minecraft Win10 account not eligible?

3. Vicente Girona Win User

Link the Mojang and Microsoft account?

Hello, welcome to Xbox forums.

Unfortunately it is no longer possible to get a free copy. April 20th was the last day to obtain it.

I quote below a text from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/ancient-java-players--you-attention-please-

• If you did buy Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018, then you might not be aware that you’re entitled to a FREE copy of the Windows 10 version. It’s an offer that we ended a couple of Octobers ago, but you still have some time to redeem your
      free copy if you bought Java Edition way back when! After Monday, April 20th, 2020, customers who purchased Minecraft Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 will no longer be able to redeem their free version of Minecraft for Windows 10 token code. Until then,
      players who bought Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can still receive a token for Minecraft for Windows 10.

I'm so sorry that you can't reedem your free copy anymore. You'll either have to buy a new copy from the Microsoft store or wait for it to be on sale.
  4. what3213 Win User

Minecraft for Windows will dass ich es kaufe, obwohl wir es wohl kostenlos bekommen haben

Hello, I have the same question as @TheFrieber: Where exactly can we redeem the free copy of Minecraft Windows Edition that we are entitled to? There is no download link or free upgrade option anywhere, only the text in the launcher: "Because you own Minecraft: Java Edition, you'll get Minecraft for Windows as a bonus!".
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, your fellow Xbox gamer.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help free Minecraft Windows 10 edition.

Just a heads up that redeeming this is only available until April 20, 2020 if you did get a code as free for having java edition.

So in any case that you were eligible to get the free code, the promotion has already expired and you can no longer redeem or get it as of this time.

Hope that clarifies everything. Thanks!
  6. Astronut365 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 not owned by me anymore?

Also again my order history will NOT say I purchased Minecraft because I did not. As stated before, I got minecraft bedrock because Mojang gave a free code to redeem Bedrock for all Mojang users that purchased Java Edition before a certain date see article below:

How do I get free bedrock if I have Java? (wikilivre.org)

"Windows 10 has the legacy Java Edition as well as the modern Bedrock Edition. If you bought the Java Edition before October 19, 2018, you can redeem a free copy of the Bedrock Edition. You can also buy the Windows 10 edition directly from Microsoft for $20."

I did redeem this code, so again what gives?
Thema:

1. Can i still redeem my free copy of minecraft windows 10 edition? - Similar Threads - still redeem free

2. what happens if i redeem xbox game pass core (3 months) when i still have 2 months of ultimate?

in XboX Insiders
    what happens if i redeem xbox game pass core (3 months) when i still have 2 months of ultimate?: i was going to redeem it on xbox rewards for 15000 .will it extend my ultimate by 2 months? will it replace my ultimate? . and also its my first time redeeming. will they send me a code or will it...
  3. I bought 100$vbucks code i redeem the code on my Xbox and it still hasn't come i need my vbucks

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought 100$vbucks code i redeem the code on my Xbox and it still hasn't come i need my vbucks: I bought 100$vbucks code i redeem the code on my Xbox and it still hasn't come i need my vbucks 39f8c80a-8c80-497a-b8aa-b05207ca27cb
  4. My gamepass redeem is still suspended.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamepass redeem is still suspended.: Hey I had my gamepass redeem suspended back in November and I fixed the issue with my account but I still can't use my points or earn any and I am getting really tired of it. I would like if...
  5. Even after redeeming Microsoft gift cards, it still asked me to add a way of payment

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Even after redeeming Microsoft gift cards, it still asked me to add a way of payment: Hi guys, PLS HELP, I purchased 20 USD worth of gift cards but when I tried to purchase in the Microsoft store, in the order summary it still asked for a way of payment. What's my issue here,...
  6. Can I still redeem a Minecraft Xbox One: Edition code in 2023?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still redeem a Minecraft Xbox One: Edition code in 2023?: I know since the release of Minecraft Bedrock Edition (The Better Together Update) on the Xbox One, the original ‘Minecraft: Xbox One Edition’ has been discontinued and can no longer be bought...
  7. With Xbox game pass ultimate, Can I still redeem a game pass live gold?

in XboX Insiders
    With Xbox game pass ultimate, Can I still redeem a game pass live gold?: Yes! You can and you can refer to this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-faq Dro down the "With Xbox game pass ultimate,...
  8. I redeemed a code from the xbox game pass perks and still haven't recieved the promised items.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I redeemed a code from the xbox game pass perks and still haven't recieved the promised items.: Hi! As I stated above I claimed a perk for the game Sea of Thieves called an Obsidian Banjo pack and was promised different cosmetic items for my account. It has been over 24 hours and I still...
  9. Redeemed a gift card but it still shows in progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redeemed a gift card but it still shows in progress: I used my Microsoft Rewards point to redeemed 6 gift card, but 2 of them are still in progress. It already stuck approximately 8 hours, and sent a request to support team but no answer. Can...
  10. Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?: As the title says, I would like to know if I redeem my free copy of Minecraft for windows 10 if I can still play the Java version 4ba27950-5fab-4a3f-817b-232a071d9050