Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?

Discus and support Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title says, I would like to know if I redeem my free copy of Minecraft for windows 10 if I can still play the Java version... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LegoNinja187, Apr 2, 2020.

1. LegoNinja187
    LegoNinja187 Guest

Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?

As the title says, I would like to know if I redeem my free copy of Minecraft for windows 10 if I can still play the Java version

:)

LegoNinja187, Apr 2, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

As I have redeemed my Windows 10 version I can confirm:

Yes, you can still use your JAVA version.

You keep your Mojang Account that allows you to download the Java launcher, as well as the Windows 10 version.
  3. TheNexusGen Win User

Will I get minecraft free on minecraft.net if I bought in on the windows store?

As someone who has Minecraft for both Xbox One and Windows (both Win 10 version and the Java version) I can answer this.

Poli5hesBubble: When the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) of the Minecraft entered public Beta in 2015/2016, owners of the pre-existing Java version were given a key to download and own the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) for free, as
    they already owned it for PC (in Java form). However, this does NOT work in reverse; if you bought the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version), you will NOT be given a free copy of the Java version.

KyleCBlanchard: Similar to the answer for Poli5hedBubble, if you own the Java version from Minecraft.net, you should be able to go to your Mojang account, log in and see a key that, once entered into the Windows Store or at redeem.microsoft.com, will allow
    you download the free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
  4. Sabbstian Win User

Will I get minecraft free on minecraft.net if I bought in on the windows store?

As someone who has Minecraft for both Xbox One and Windows (both Win 10 version and the Java version) I can answer this.

Poli5hesBubble: When the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) of the Minecraft entered public Beta in 2015/2016, owners of the pre-existing Java version were given a key to download and own the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version) for free, as
    they already owned it for PC (in Java form). However, this does NOT work in reverse; if you bought the Windows 10 Edition (Windows Store Version), you will NOT be given a free copy of the Java version.

KyleCBlanchard: Similar to the answer for Poli5hedBubble, if you own the Java version from Minecraft.net, you should be able to go to your Mojang account, log in and see a key that, once entered into the Windows Store or at redeem.microsoft.com, will allow
    you download the free copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for free.
    Ok thank you, was just wondering.
  5. ChaoticLlama42 Win User

Minecraft windows 10 edition, export map to Desktop version of minecraft.

To my knowledge the windows 10 version of Minecraft is written in C++ compared to java so it wont be compatible as the windows 10 version is a UWP app which allows it to play with Xbox one and PC while the java version is standalone, you can export worlds
    from xbox to windows 10 but not from windows 10 version to java, I hope that clears up your concern
  6. darkist1 Win User

I've got both the Java and the windows 10 version and they seem to work perfectly fine.
Thema:

1. Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free? - Similar Threads - still play Java

2. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  5. Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked: If I block a player and I’m in a friends party, can the player I blocked still join our party if my friend didn’t block the same Player? In other words can I still end up playing with a blocked...
  6. I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games: I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games what do I do in this situation? b947258f-e5fa-4992-bbf9-bff1ea0862b7
  7. My account is already migrated but Minecraft is still asking for me to pay to play Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account is already migrated but Minecraft is still asking for me to pay to play Java...: I asked here a question before concerning this topic, but couldn't have the chance to reply in under 72 hours since I was away, so the topic I created was disregarded. The Microsoft agent told me...
  8. bought minecraft java edition and still cant play

in XBoX Accessibility
    bought minecraft java edition and still cant play: So I just bought the minecraft java and bedrock deluxe edition and It wont let me play java. I click on the launcher and it only gives me a demo option for java but I can play the bedrock version...
  9. It wont let me play java edition saying to restart the pc but it still wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It wont let me play java edition saying to restart the pc but it still wont work: I went to the client I play on (feather) and it had logged me out, so I log in, which didnt work so I tried it on other clients. it let me log in but would not let me join multiplayer. How do I...
  10. I removed myself from my family, but it still wont let me play minecraft multiplayer on java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I removed myself from my family, but it still wont let me play minecraft multiplayer on java: I am trying to access multiplayer on java, I removed myself from my family many times, it also wont let me change my age so theres that. I really wanna play multiplayer please help!...