can i still have a free gamertag change or does that not exist anymore?

Discus and support can i still have a free gamertag change or does that not exist anymore? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i got my xbox last year in december and have had the same username ever since. when i tried to change my username, it was going to charge me even... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Colin Kramer, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Colin Kramer
    Colin Kramer Guest

i got my xbox last year in december and have had the same username ever since. when i tried to change my username, it was going to charge me even though i havent used my free one yet. can i still get my one free gamertag change or does that not exist anymore?

:)

Colin Kramer, Nov 8, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well the thing is you did use your free name change

Qhwn you first setup your account you were given a random name

When you changed it to your current name that's when you used it you just get one
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If the system is charging you for the Gamertag change it means that it detects that you were able to use your Free Gamertag change.

According to Xbox support: "If this is your first time changing your gamertag, you can change it one time for free. This is regardless of whether we created it for you automatically when you first signed up for Xbox (meaning you didn’t choose it yourself) or if you created your own gamertag at signup." For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  4. NatMarie96 Win User

Windows Live Doesn't Recognize Computer

Hello. I am having the same issue however, the email that the confirmation code will be sent to does not exist anymore. I was trying to change the email address on microsoft but it will still send the confirmation to the email address that does not exist.
    I need to change my membership settings and there is no way I can do it. Can someone please help??
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Gamertag was changed by itself

You don't get a free gamertag change anymore. People would abuse the free change and create a gamertag that was still offensive. Now you have to pay to change it if you were given a forced gamertag change.
  6. Heiata Win User

Gamertag

Yeah,you can't just delete a account/profile,it will still remain on the servers.

You need to redownload your Forgelune profile,change the gamertag on that & that will free it up to be used on your profile.

It would mean paying for 2 gamertag changes,your only other option is to not log in for 5 years with your Forgelune profile then the tag would be freed up that way.
    Unfortunatly my profile doesn't existe anymore. i've waited 3 months to have the confirmation that my profile was realy deleted to try to use the gamertag Forgelune.

So does it mean that Gamertag Forgelune will never be available again for Microsoft Xbox ?
Thema:

1. can i still have a free gamertag change or does that not exist anymore? - Similar Threads - still free gamertag

2. Hi I have a Xbox series x and I have 200 free gb however it says I still don’t have enough...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I have a Xbox series x and I have 200 free gb however it says I still don’t have enough...: Hi I have a Xbox series x and I have 200 free gb however it says I still don’t have enough space to install it ? b2479c4c-9834-4e44-88b8-04afa2b908ff
  3. Is the 30 day free trial still on for minecraft realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the 30 day free trial still on for minecraft realms: I dont know if the free trial is still on because i cant see it on the marketplace ( P.S do you need xbox game pass or xbox live to get Minecraft realms) 72203737-532c-41f9-b9d6-79c13220a658
  4. Why Can’t I change my gamer tag for free still?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can’t I change my gamer tag for free still?: I have had my Xbox gamer tag for about 3 or 4 years and I have always had the same gamer tag. I wanted to change but this transaction costed money and I never had changed it before l. I want to...
  5. My Xbox says it has 1.3tb of free storage and I have an external hard drive but still makes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox says it has 1.3tb of free storage and I have an external hard drive but still makes...: My Xbox says it has 1.3tb of free storage and I have an external hard drive but still makes me uninstall games to install new ones d7fd1393-5050-439f-ba5c-c651edc4a3b6
  6. Can i still get Minecraft Java edition for free when having Minecraft Bedrock edition on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i still get Minecraft Java edition for free when having Minecraft Bedrock edition on...: I heard that you can get the minecraft java edition when having minecraft bedrock from the Xbox gamepass, is that promotion still available? can i still get it? does it work if i get the Gamepass...
  7. Paid for realm plus after 30 day free trial but realm is still expired

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paid for realm plus after 30 day free trial but realm is still expired: I paid the for the realms plus after the free trial and was charged with it on my other card and paid for it but the realm is still expired. I cant even get a refund because it says that it is not...
  8. I still can't access user generated content or message center free cars in fh5

in XBoX Accessibility
    I still can't access user generated content or message center free cars in fh5: When I try to use auction house , gift drop, or the message center it says I can't. 02863f0a-3641-406e-9e00-0726319c7e52
  9. I own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition but I still don't get Minecraft Java Edition for free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition but I still don't get Minecraft Java Edition for free: Does it only work if you bought Minecraft after June 7th? I'm confused help please! dd1eb15a-6b91-4ec1-b43c-6e545898d870
  10. The free trial already ends. But it still have the "Free trial" button on the page

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The free trial already ends. But it still have the "Free trial" button on the page: I started the free trial Minecraft for Windows this week. The free trial ended today. I have already played for 90 minutes. I want to delete the free trial after it ends. But there is no way to do...