Can i still get Minecraft Java edition for free when having Minecraft Bedrock edition on...

Discus and support Can i still get Minecraft Java edition for free when having Minecraft Bedrock edition on... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I heard that you can get the minecraft java edition when having minecraft bedrock from the Xbox gamepass, is that promotion still available? can i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Azazel Gaming, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Can i still get Minecraft Java edition for free when having Minecraft Bedrock edition on...

I heard that you can get the minecraft java edition when having minecraft bedrock from the Xbox gamepass, is that promotion still available? can i still get it? does it work if i get the Gamepass from microsoft rewards?

:)

Azazel Gaming, Mar 6, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

Java and bedrock edition

Can I get Minecraft: Java Edition for free if I bought Minecraft: Bedrock Edition and i linked the Microsoft account?
    No. The java and bedrock edition are completely separate from eachother so if you want the java edition you will have to purchase it

Source: me. Its what i had to do.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft java edition problem

So the issue is not to create the account now, is that you wanna get the Minecraft Java edition on your account

Only the account that made the purchase of the bedrock edition can get the java edition for free
  4. Astronut365 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 not owned by me anymore?

Also again my order history will NOT say I purchased Minecraft because I did not. As stated before, I got minecraft bedrock because Mojang gave a free code to redeem Bedrock for all Mojang users that purchased Java Edition before a certain date see article below:

How do I get free bedrock if I have Java? (wikilivre.org)

"Windows 10 has the legacy Java Edition as well as the modern Bedrock Edition. If you bought the Java Edition before October 19, 2018, you can redeem a free copy of the Bedrock Edition. You can also buy the Windows 10 edition directly from Microsoft for $20."

I did redeem this code, so again what gives?
  5. OP_TikTak Win User

Can you get minecraft java and bedrock edition with a xbox giftcard?

So then do i redeem the code on the giftcard and click next?

And does it have to be the exaclty the same like minecraft java and bedrock edition costs $40 and i have a $50 xbox can i still get minecraft java and bedrock edition even if the xbox giftcard value $10 more?
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Syncing Purchases to PC from Console

Hi ID, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

No, if you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4 and link your Microsoft account with your PS4 account, it will not sync the purchase with the accounts. Minecraft Bedrock purchases are tied to the platform on which they are made. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PC, you will only be able to play it on PC. If you purchase Minecraft Bedrock on PS4, you will only be able to play it on PS4.

However, there is an exception to this rule. If you buy Minecraft Java Edition on PC, you will also be able to play Minecraft Bedrock on your mobile device. This is because Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Bedrock are compatible with the "Minecraft Live" feature.

If you just want to play the Minecraft you paid for on your PC, you don't need to buy Minecraft Bedrock for PS4. You can download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition from the Minecraft website.

Here are some steps to download the free version of Minecraft: Java Edition:

Visit the Minecraft website.
    Click on the "Download Minecraft" button.
    Select "Minecraft: Java Edition".
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
    Once you have downloaded Minecraft: Java Edition, you will be able to play it on your PC.

I hope my answer was helpful and clarified your doubts. do not hesitate to contact me if you have any other problem. have a nice day.

Oskayra
Thema:

Can i still get Minecraft Java edition for free when having Minecraft Bedrock edition on...

1. Can i still get Minecraft Java edition for free when having Minecraft Bedrock edition on... - Similar Threads - still Minecraft Java

2. My account is already migrated but Minecraft is still asking for me to pay to play Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account is already migrated but Minecraft is still asking for me to pay to play Java...: I asked here a question before concerning this topic, but couldn't have the chance to reply in under 72 hours since I was away, so the topic I created was disregarded. The Microsoft agent told me...
  3. bought minecraft java edition and still cant play

in XBoX Accessibility
    bought minecraft java edition and still cant play: So I just bought the minecraft java and bedrock deluxe edition and It wont let me play java. I click on the launcher and it only gives me a demo option for java but I can play the bedrock version...
  4. I still can't get minecraft Java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I still can't get minecraft Java: I've waited a while now and I still can't get a free version of Java. I bought minecraft windows 10 bedrock edition a few months before the merge in purchase happened. when I found out I tried but...
  5. I own Minecraft java and bedrock but still can't download it on mobile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Minecraft java and bedrock but still can't download it on mobile: I have own every single Minecraft version, I own java windows bedrock but still says I need to buy it on Google play, I've owned it on multiple phones, I don't have access to one of the phone...
  6. I own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition but I still don't get Minecraft Java Edition for free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition but I still don't get Minecraft Java Edition for free: Does it only work if you bought Minecraft after June 7th? I'm confused help please! dd1eb15a-6b91-4ec1-b43c-6e545898d870
  7. Minecraft: Java Edition still unavailable on launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Java Edition still unavailable on launcher: Hello! I bought Minecraft: Java Edition about 10 years ago, occasionally played it up until now. Some time ago Minecraft's site asked me if I wanted to migrate my Mojang Account to Microsoft...
  8. I removed myself from my family, but it still wont let me play minecraft multiplayer on java

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I removed myself from my family, but it still wont let me play minecraft multiplayer on java: I am trying to access multiplayer on java, I removed myself from my family many times, it also wont let me change my age so theres that. I really wanna play multiplayer please help!...
  9. My Minecraft java edition is still a demo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft java edition is still a demo: Yesterday I bought the minecraft java edition redeem. Then I redeemed on minecraft.net and succeeded in reedeem. I downloaded then I opened the Minecraft Launcher application and I logged in....
  10. Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play the Java version of minecraft if I redeem my windows 10 version for free?: As the title says, I would like to know if I redeem my free copy of Minecraft for windows 10 if I can still play the Java version 4ba27950-5fab-4a3f-817b-232a071d9050