Can I share Xbox live ultimate with my family’s Xbox accounts?

Discus and support Can I share Xbox live ultimate with my family’s Xbox accounts? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 children and both have an Xbox, both want to play online with friends but I don’t want to pay for a subscription each, I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matt Campsall, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Can I share Xbox live ultimate with my family’s Xbox accounts?

I have 2 children and both have an Xbox, both want to play online with friends but I don’t want to pay for a subscription each, I have tried subscribing on my main account but it does not allow them to also use it. They both need to have their own user name so they can play simultaneously and with their own friends. Can I get round this? And if so how?

:)

Matt Campsall, Feb 13, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Multi player is not working with game share.. I can download the games of game pass but just no live multi player... making me crazy I don't understand the ussue

Hello InkBoxTatto,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through yes, multiplayer may not work with shared play.

Game sharing is a feature that allows members of a family to share their games and subscriptions with other family members. However, live multiplayer is not included in the shared game.

To play live multiplayer, the family member signing into the game must have an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

In this case, the person sharing games with you may not have an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. If so, you will not be able to play live multiplayer.

To check if the person you're sharing games with has an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you can ask them to go to Settings > Account > Subscriptions.

If the person you're sharing games with has an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, but you still can't play live multiplayer, there may be another issue.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...etwork/xbox-one-multiplayer-connection-errors

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  3. SqueezinKitties Win User

GamePass not showing on family and friends account

Why doesn't family sharing work on PC with my Ultimate subscription? My son can use our family Ultimate on his Xbox but not on PC.
  4. Thefatmarmot Win User

Gamepass sharing multiplayer limitations for Family accounts?

It’s the Ultimate version

I should say that my son has his own account/Xbox gamer tag.

I’m sharing the Ultimate pass with him as a family member.
  5. CyberGuardFL Win User

Can one share Game Pass Ultimate with family member across regions?

I think on your Xbox you would need his account (that with Game Pass Ultimate) and that Xbox has to be configured as "home" console. Then all accounts on that console can share gold/ultimate.

HOWEVER, if he has purchased his subscription in a different region you may run into issues. On the other hand I traveled with my Xbox to a different region and it worked fine and I logged into my Xbox account on an Xbox in a different region and it all worked fine for the content that was available for that region.

I am not sure how this translate to playing on a PC. Because now there is no "home console" and I am not aware you can declare a "home PC" in that way to share subscriptions.

Also, the Microsoft family settings are different from setting a console as "home" - ALL accounts on that console share the gold/ultimate regardless of being part of the family or not.
  6. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Matt. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

You can only share your Game pass Ultimate subscription to one console by setting your account as the home Xbox. please do the steps below.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

Do either of the following:

Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox

For the second console, the other account needs to have a subscription of its own.
Thema:

1. Can I share Xbox live ultimate with my family’s Xbox accounts? - Similar Threads - share live ultimate

2. How to share Xbox Live with another console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to share Xbox Live with another console?: My family recently set up a second Xbox console. We designated the first Xbox the home console in order to access Game Pass Ultimate on both accounts on the home Xbox (my account was not the one...
  3. can an xbox live subscription be shared between 2 xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can an xbox live subscription be shared between 2 xbox?: I have 2 sons, My oldest son has had an xbox for a few years now. My second son is getting an xbox for Christmas, is there a way for them to use the same xbox live subscription but have...
  4. Cannot share “Live” with new Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot share “Live” with new Series X: I have Game Pass Ultimate and a Series X. My wife had a One X. As of last night with her One X set as my Home box, she and I could play all of my games (purchased or Game Pass) and both play...
  5. When I try to click the live streaming button under capture and share, it won't load at all.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I try to click the live streaming button under capture and share, it won't load at all.: I try to click live streaming under Capture and share but it won't load at all. I've tried everything from restarting the console to resetting the console. Nothing is working and this all started...
  6. Trying to share Xbox live through game share

in XboX Insiders
    Trying to share Xbox live through game share: My friend is trying to share his Xbox game pass ultimate with me so we can play ufc4 and I made my Xbox his home but it still won’t share the ultimate subscription, I sign into his acc on my Xbox...
  7. 3 xboxs, 2x xbox live accounts .. home sharing to the same xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    3 xboxs, 2x xbox live accounts .. home sharing to the same xbox: Hi All, we have 2x live gold users and have 3 xboxes Account A is already home sharing on XBOX 3 can Account B (whom is also a live user) home share on XBOX 3 as well? ergo, can XBOX 3 have...
  8. Why is game sharing working with gamepass but not Xbox live?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is game sharing working with gamepass but not Xbox live?: My friend and I just started game sharing. I have game pass ultimate and he doesn’t. We both set my home Xbox for each others accounts and now he has access to game pass games, but still can’t...
  9. Xbox live and in game purchase share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live and in game purchase share: I pay for xbox live and have bought in-game items but my son doesn't have them on his Xbox. I am signed in on his Xbox. Please help. b319df8c-13fb-42b8-abdf-ca79a3f26537
  10. Share xbox live ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share xbox live ultimate: Hi I have xbox live ultimate down stairs for some reason I can't share my xbox live account with my daughter when I joined ultimate it seems to have cancelled xbox live and game pass please help...