Can I return an Xbox controller without the back panel to the batteries?

Discus and support Can I return an Xbox controller without the back panel to the batteries? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to repair a controller I have, but I used rechargeable batteries now the original back piece is missing 20988260-e972-4d13-aab9-9f9dc27bfa17 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CityThieves13, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Can I return an Xbox controller without the back panel to the batteries?

I want to repair a controller I have, but I used rechargeable batteries now the original back piece is missing

:)

CityThieves13, Oct 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today CITYTHIEVES13

You can try sending the device without the battery lid
    Besides that follow the procedures advised to pack and what include in your replacement / repair order

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. CloneRico Win User

Wireless contoller keeps turning itself on

Take out the battery panel from the back of the controller when its not in use. Problem solved :)
  4. Nursemorph Win User

xbox controller bluetooth to pc

i do have an xbox as well that i can use
    Have you tried the controller with the xbox and the new batteries? That would confirm where the issue lies...whether it's a battery/controller thing or a PC connection issue.

Having said that, it's still very strange that it works with old batteries but won't work with new batteries...that implies there's an issue with the new batteries

Just to confirm:

- Controller worked fine without issue with the original batteries. It synced fine and played fine

- New batteries put in and it won't sync, let alone be able to be used

- Put old batteries back in and the controller works but the sync button doesn't

That correct? Another question: What are the original batteries and what are the new ones?
  5. Arag0rN UK Win User

Percentage Xbox One Controller Battery

It was a function on the X360. Just press the Xbox button and there above the central information panel was a battery indicator with up to 4 bars. With a rechargeable controller it was a useful function.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

My remote disconnects but the power button stays on

Hi,

Do you have any other controllers to test if they are working fine? What happens if you remove the batteries and play with the controller connected directly with a USB cable? The Xbox can power a controller without batteries attached.

If it works without issue with the cable, it might indicated a fault with the controller's wireless hardware.
Thema:

1. Can I return an Xbox controller without the back panel to the batteries? - Similar Threads - return controller without

2. Controller return

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller return: I requested a return on a controller and dropped it off at the post office over two weeks ago. Still says return in progress. Wheres my refund? When i call numbers to talk to an agent it hangs up...
  3. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  4. Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store: Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store 7e7a4d81-d005-4014-aaf5-858726ea4c03
  5. Refund, NOT RETURN, JUST REFUND, AS IN GIVE ME BACK THE MONEY I PAID FOR A CONTROLLER THAT...

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund, NOT RETURN, JUST REFUND, AS IN GIVE ME BACK THE MONEY I PAID FOR A CONTROLLER THAT...: I bought a controller from you people and it got lost in transit, know what that means? It means I never GOT IT so STOP asking me to return it because that's IMPOSSIBLE to do when it NEVER got to...
  6. I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have returned a controller for warranty work, it is no longer showing on my items list as...: I have gone through the bot and the website, called multiple numbers and still can’t get anywhere closer. This was a Christmas gift for my daughter and hasn’t worked out of the box. I returned it...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?: The Elite Series 2 controller allegedly doesn’t come with paddles. But the box says it includes paddles. Is it just faulty product that needs to be returned? Or false advertising that needs to be...
  8. Can I return a controller for a new one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I return a controller for a new one?: Hello, I bought a new XboxOne controller and it glitches while I use it. I’ve tried doing all that google said to try to resolve the issue. Nothing helped. I took it to the store I purchased it...
  9. Elite Controller case not returned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller case not returned: I returned an Xbox Elite Controller for repair without any accessories but in the case provided as the original packaging is designed to hold this and the controller. I received it back bubble...
  10. Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?: Faulty Xbox return without controller still in warranty 14ddf0ef-c7b0-4a19-93c3-9a1002e8900f