Can I restore game saves on my local Xbox One?

Discus and support Can I restore game saves on my local Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Problem: Is there any way to restore local Xbox One hard drive contents? Contents which have NOT been synced to the cloud. Background: About 6 months... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Louis Fox, May 27, 2023.

1. Louis Fox
    Louis Fox Guest

Problem: Is there any way to restore local Xbox One hard drive contents? Contents which have NOT been synced to the cloud.

Background: About 6 months ago, I changed my internet provider. I didn't connect my Xbox One to the new network because I didn't notice it wasn't connected because I only ever play on my own. I've been playing Prey for about a month and have about 40 hours on there. For a particular mission it uses the actual time and I realsied the time was wrong. So I connected the Xbox to the internet and was prompted to do an update. So I did. The update failed mid way through and I had to reset the Xbox but I chose the option to keep games and game saves etc. This brought me to the Xbox One home screen. SO I then went to play Prey, but that had an updayte too, so I did that. Now when I open Prey, I can't see me game saves! I can't bear, at least for many months, to start again.

Any help would be very much appreciated. As a last resort, I'd probably try to access the hard drive and see if Windows can restore the contents but I don't want to do that.

:)

Louis Fox, May 27, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

Hi Louis

Sorry to hear about what happened, however, when you connected your console to the internet to sync your game save to the cloud it will usually ask you which you wanted to use if it's the cloud or local save.

Try to disconnect to the internet and see if it will show you your old save locally but if not, its possible that the old save that you made has been replaced with the new one already and if that's the case, I'm afraid its not reversible anymore.
  3. Louis Fox Win User

Hi Belle,

Thank you for such a quick response. I've tried that approach and also tried deleting the game install and installing the un-updated games from the disc but no avail. I am saddened by this. Maybe because the update errored out, and I had to do a reset it wiped certain data. I'm not sure.

I assume there isn't any MS recovery apps I could try?
  4. Belle B Win User

Thanks for getting back, Louis.

I understand how you feel about this and I would feel the same way if this happened to me. And to answer your question, sadly none. Moving forward, its best to let a download finish first or let the saving sync finish first before anything else to help prevent this from happening again. Also, try to connect your console to the internet as well from time to time to ensure that everything is up to date.
  5. Rodelio P. Win User

Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?

Hi Darin!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

Yes, it is possible to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten. To do this, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Open the game on your Xbox console.

2. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

3. Select "My games & apps" and then select "See all" to view all your games.

4. Find the game that you want to restore the cloud save for and press the menu button on your controller.

5. Select "Manage game & add-ons" and then select "Saved data".

6. Select "Cloud saves" and then select the saved data that you want to restore.

7. Select "Download to console" to restore the cloud save to your Xbox console.

Please note that this will overwrite any local save data that you currently have on your console, so make sure to back up any local saves before restoring the cloud save.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  6. KpEcToBPsYcHo Win User

Потеря сохранённых данных

Have a nice day. Progress in Forza Horizon 4 is lost when I logged in other my PC. But I choose "Local saves". Can I restore my progress?
Thema:

1. Can I restore game saves on my local Xbox One? - Similar Threads - restore game saves

2. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  3. How do I restore a game clip

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I restore a game clip: My friend saw Mt favorite clip and thought it would be funny to delete it so he did and I was wondering if I can restore It 57249625-ce61-4ec7-9b79-ced2bb8e7e49
  4. Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Windows
    Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live: As a user that records clips when playing video games in Windows 11 using the Xbox Bar, I want my clips to be automatically uploaded to the Xbox Live network AS THEY USED TO, so that they are...
  5. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  6. accidentally deleted save game file, how do i restore it? I deleted it from everywhere not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    accidentally deleted save game file, how do i restore it? I deleted it from everywhere not...: how to restore game file after its been deleted from everywhere on the console. 16d507d7-b869-4271-afa1-4bfd30007e5d
  7. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that was accidentally overwritten?: My son has been playing Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Today, he accidentally overwrote the save file that he has tons of hours on. Is there any way for us to restore a cloud save to a prior...
  8. Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Save Games Missing/Lost (then restored) - GamePass SF Save Games location?: EDIT: After running Xbox App repair on Starfield, redownloading 113+ GB, my save games are back!!!! Still not sure where save game files are located. I would VERY much like to backup my saves...
  9. Please help. Restore an old game saving from cloud X-Box Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help. Restore an old game saving from cloud X-Box Ultimate: Hi, i´m playing with my 11 year old daughter. Mostly i play on my xbox series-x. But when she is visiting me every 2 weekends she plays on the xbox series x and i play on the notebook. We...
  10. Accidentally deleted game data from everywhere is their a way to restore it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally deleted game data from everywhere is their a way to restore it: Accidentally deleted game data from everywhere is their a way to restore it 60c69cf7-e566-49fc-985a-e6ba5f09ed66