Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect?

Discus and support Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox one with a Kinect. If I purchase an Xbox 360 kinect game, will it work with my Xbox one Kinect? bb9ede62-7604-4ebc-b67c-d8667b63279f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Richard Parker2, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect?

I have an Xbox one with a Kinect. If I purchase an Xbox 360 kinect game, will it work with my Xbox one Kinect?

:)

Richard Parker2, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Radiant Sword X Win User

Kinect Games Backward Compatible

Xbox 360 Kinect games can only be played with Kinect on Xbox 360 and it would be recognized if you attempt to plug the Kinect Xbox 360 to the Xbox One.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Works the Xbox one kinect together with the xbox 360?

To play the Kinect games released on the Xbox 360, you will have to play them with an Xbox 360 console with the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor.

The Kinect Sensors are not interchangeable between consoles (you cannot use One Sensor on Xbox 360, nor a 360 Sensor on Xbox One), as both Kinect Sensors have different, proprietary Kinect plugs, and the games are specifically programmed to use the exact Kinect
    sensor on the console they were released on.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Why?

How is my new Kinect sensor different from the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor?

The new Kinect for Xbox One features a 1080p camera and can accommodate smaller play spaces than its Xbox 360 predecessor. It also features a 1:1 movement ratio with little to no lag.

Use of the Kinect sensor is optional with Xbox One. But some features, like automatic player identification and voice/gesture control, won’t work without it.

Can I use the Kinect sensor from my Xbox 360 on my Xbox One?

Like other Xbox 360 peripherals and accessories, the Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 is not compatible with Xbox One, and the Xbox One Kinect Sensor is not compatible with the Xbox 360 console.

forums.xbox.com/.../2060179.aspx
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Urgently await the backward compatibility of the Harry Potter game for kinect. We believe in the competence of this company, Microsoft. Antecipadente thank the understanding of all and wait a positive response.

Sorry to say but no Xbox 360 Kinect games will be made backwards compatible as they will not work with the Xbox One Kinect.

The 360 Kinect is different from the Xbox One Kinect.
  6. GDN smp91 Win User

Use controllers for games instead of kinect

Hello Tradingpanda216:

There are several games that use the Kinect as the primary device for controlling your game these games are typically listed with a *Kinect required or Kinect play* Stickers however I don't believe all of the games that use Kinect do.

There are plenty of Games on both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One that you can use regular controllers on to control the game.
Thema:

Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect?

1. Can I play Xbox 360 kinect games on my xbox one kinect? - Similar Threads - play 360 kinect

2. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  3. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  4. How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?: I know that xbox live gold now is game pass core, but i want to be sure that when i will redeem game pass core code i would be able to play online. be780707-f773-462d-b006-4b52ef2c6e44
  5. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  6. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  7. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  8. I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...: I mean seriously tho. It is mainly because my Xbox One controller is in bad condition and has bad drift on both analog sticks. i love playing the fallout series along with alot of other games i...
  9. Can you play any other xbox games on a xbox 360 kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you play any other xbox games on a xbox 360 kinect: I have a xbox 360 kinect and I was wondering if any normal xbox 360 games will play on it a7cae181-a36b-4c5f-b180-952fc3c561f9
  10. Could X1 play 360 kinect back compat games in the future?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could X1 play 360 kinect back compat games in the future?: I don't see any kinect game in 104 back compat games. Is there any possibility that X1 play the game like 'Disneyland Adventure' in the future? 75190fa7-1f1b-425d-8112-0b0bfcd5bd47