Can I play with my friends on fifa same gen but old version

Discus and support Can I play with my friends on fifa same gen but old version in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve just bought a Xbox series x and realised fifa 23 Xbox one version can be played on it , can I play my friends that are on Xbox series x so same... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by conner chapman, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Can I play with my friends on fifa same gen but old version

I’ve just bought a Xbox series x and realised fifa 23 Xbox one version can be played on it , can I play my friends that are on Xbox series x so same platform but on the one version even though they have the x/s version

:)

conner chapman, Feb 13, 2023
  2. Kieran bill Win User

Fifa 22 on Series X and XB1

If you download both versions of fifa onto your console (series x version and Xbox one version) you can play with friends who have old gen and new gen
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to EA:

"You will be able to match up with and against other players based on the version of FIFA 23 that you are playing."

This means that you will be able to play with an Xbox Series X player if they're also using the FIFA 23 Xbox One version of the game. If they're using or playing the Xbox Series X|S version of FIFA 23 and you're on Xbox One, it will not be possible.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/news/fifa-23-dual...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. DanielStoffberg Win User

FIFA 22 and Next-Gen issues

I can confirm I am experiencing the same problem.

I purchased my Xbox Series S console 2 days ago specifically for the next gen Fifa 22. At first I tested Fifa 21 and the players are very much pixelated, so much so that you can not recognise player faces or details on their shirt like you would have on the previous generation versions.(Game feels unplayable) I also installed a previous non-Series X/S copy of Fifa (Fifa 20) and it looked perfect, much better than the new gen Fifa 21 and Fifa 22.

I have tried all the troubleshooting options from both Microsoft and Samsung (My tv set is a 7 series Samsung).

I set up my PS4 Pro with old gen Fifa 22 next to it and you can clearly see there is a problem with the Series S version, its rather clear.
  5. DeniqL Win User

Can I get fifa 23 Xbox one version on my series s so I can play with my friends who play on old gen?

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Yes, you can download and play the Xbox One version of FIFA 23 on your Xbox Series X|S to play with old gen users
  6. JustinGI91 Win User

Cross play between Xbox One and Xbox Scarlet?

Yes, Im referring to project scarlet that's coming out this year. I saying that in-between time when game developers come out with the same game for two generation consoles, because not everyone has the new console yet. One version for xbox one
    and one newer version with project scarlet. Would I and a friend be able to play together online if I had the last gen version of the game on xbox one and my friend had the newer version of the game on his project scarlet? That's why I sent both versions
    of the destiny game on xbox 360 (old gen) and xbox one version (new gen).
Thema:

1. Can I play with my friends on fifa same gen but old version - Similar Threads - play friends fifa

2. Do you need a Game Pass subscription to play online with friends in Fifa 23?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Do you need a Game Pass subscription to play online with friends in Fifa 23?: Do you need a Game Pass subscription to play online with friends in Fifa 23? 04366881-3622-4855-bf6d-c425a3174694
  3. Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...: Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend list. When I attempt to set up friendly, says I need to add friends. 021ee6f3-2705-4a7b-a757-244605d854dc
  4. Can I get fifa 23 Xbox one version on my series s so I can play with my friends who play on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get fifa 23 Xbox one version on my series s so I can play with my friends who play on...: My friends play on Xbox one and I want to get Xbox series s to play fifa 23 with them but I’m not sure if u can get the Fifa 23 Xbox one version on series s? 2f8b0cbb-eb89-46f5-acdb-da5fed54ab16
  5. Why can't I play with my friend whose on ps5 and I'm on xbox x (fifa 23)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play with my friend whose on ps5 and I'm on xbox x (fifa 23): I have an xbox series x and my friend has ps5, I got a xbox x just to play fifa 23 with him! ef176f74-2d60-48d4-8089-35368eb77bce
  6. Not able to play FIFA 22 with my friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to play FIFA 22 with my friend: My friend is on PC and I am on Xbox Series S but I am not able to find her in the game (FIFA 22), we have added each other in the EA app, and we both have Xbox ultimate game pass. Somebody, please...
  7. I can’t play co-op on fifa 23. Everytime I try to start a game my friend gets a message...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play co-op on fifa 23. Everytime I try to start a game my friend gets a message...: I can’t play co-op on fifa 23. Everytime I try to start a game my friend gets a message saying there has been a “data mismatch.” I don’t know how to fix it, any ideas?...
  8. I’m on xbox one S , if I buy FIFA 23 Ultimate edition can I play with my friend who has an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m on xbox one S , if I buy FIFA 23 Ultimate edition can I play with my friend who has an...: I want to know if I can somehow bypass the next gen pool for fifa 23 by buying the ultimate edition on my xbox one and if I could play with someone who has the series X....
  9. if you need friends to play fifa send me a friend request...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if you need friends to play fifa send me a friend request...: whats going on guys looking to add people on the xbox one to play fifa with , co-op seasons ultimate team , friendlies im up for anything , send a friend request to or drop your gamertags so i...
  10. Can't play FIFA 14 Online with a friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play FIFA 14 Online with a friend: Have someone tried to connect to FIFA 14 with a friend today? Also can't do via a Party. d82d5309-ee62-4d69-93a9-d2a32180ef2f