Can i play Sea of thieves without Gold?

Discus and support Can i play Sea of thieves without Gold? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wanna buy Sea of thieves but i dont know that is it gonna work without gold? (Im on XBOX ONE) eb5be2dc-687b-4928-b38c-2af3bb66b8e2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tg2g4t twgwt, Mar 21, 2023.

1. tg2g4t twgwt
    tg2g4t twgwt Guest

I wanna buy Sea of thieves but i dont know that is it gonna work without gold? (Im on XBOX ONE)

:)

tg2g4t twgwt, Mar 21, 2023
  2. WPAK Win User

Peut on jouer a sea of thieves sans game pass mais en ayant déjà le jeu [Translation - Can you play a sea of thieves without game pass but already having the game]

Web translation:

Can we play sea of thieves without game pass but already having the game

Hello,

I would like to know if we can play sea of thieves without the Xbox game pass but already owning the game.

Response:

Hi there,

Yes, if you own the game itself you can play the game, it's not required to have a game pass subscription to be able to play Sea of Thieves.

Side note: You will require a Gold subscription though, since it's an online game.
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Do i Need to subscribe for gold subscription to play sea of theives

Good day

Sea of Thieves is a multiplayer game, which means it can only played online.You will need a subscription for Gold to be able to play it.

Single player games you can play without needing Gold.

Gold is required for all online multiplayer games.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi tg2g4t, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

I am afraid that the game Sea of thieves requires Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Live Gold to play on console. You can confirm that information here: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/sea-of-t.... Thanks for your kind understanding.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Games pass and live gold confusion

Game Pass is a subscription service to get access to games including Sea of Thieves.

Gold is a subscription service to be able to play online. Sea of Thieves is an online only game and would require gold to be able to play it.

Unless he own Sea of Thieves by itself, he needs both.
  6. Airiak Win User

Games pass and live gold confusion

Sea of thieves requires gold and game pass, unless you purchase sea of thieves, then you only need gold.
Thema:

1. Can i play Sea of thieves without Gold? - Similar Threads - play Sea thieves

2. How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?: How to play with Xbox friends?? I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying to get the invite to work in game, I tried...
  3. sea of thieves and cross play with steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sea of thieves and cross play with steam: im trying to play with my wife on sea of thieves I gameshare with her system and I usually play on steam but it is refusing to allow us to play together as it will sign me out on either steam or...
  4. i am trying to play sea of thieves on pc it is saying i am not connected to xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am trying to play sea of thieves on pc it is saying i am not connected to xbox live: hi i am trying to play sea of thieves on pc and i baught it through xbox app with a gift card and it is saying i am not connected to xbox live so i cant play it...
  5. Can't sign in to Xbox Live to play Sea of Thieves on Steam

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox Live to play Sea of Thieves on Steam: [img] I recently downloaded Sea of Thieves from Steam but as soon as I launch the game it asks me to sign in to Xbox Live and it gets stuck on this window without further elaboration, even though...
  6. Why can I play sea of thieves even though I bought it? I thought if you bought a game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I play sea of thieves even though I bought it? I thought if you bought a game...: I bought the game and can’t play e1dd421d-a9bb-40f9-8e07-42429b66cb9e
  7. Why can I not play Sea of Thieves on the series X, even though it says I own it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not play Sea of Thieves on the series X, even though it says I own it?: I bought Sea of Thieves for the Xbox one years ago. I upgraded my Xbox to the series X and was looking at games to download when I saw SoT was own and could be downloaded. When I start up the game...
  8. cant sign in to microsoft account to play sea of thieves

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant sign in to microsoft account to play sea of thieves: i bought sea of thieves on steam. when i open the game it is already logined in some account i dont know (it might be the account which was hacked few weeks ago) In the main menu i press sign...
  9. Hi guys i playing game sea of thieves for the long time and on days i trying to sig in and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi guys i playing game sea of thieves for the long time and on days i trying to sig in and...: Hi guys i playing game sea of thieves for the long time and on days i trying to sig in and its saying that you've tried to sign in too many times with an incorrect account or password a, Sign in...
  10. I cant play sea of thieves anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play sea of thieves anymore?: I got sea of thieves a couple of years ago with the 2 terabyte storage and i had always used to play it and i did every now and then. But i recently updated the game to play again however it says...