Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?

Discus and support Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; And if yes how? The xbox says this is unrecognized disc Or the disc scratched I no have any more idea 833b4e99-9508-4f8c-bac6-db3d8504e7f9 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xbox360fanguy99, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?

And if yes how?

The xbox says this is unrecognized disc

Or the disc scratched

I no have any more idea

:)

Xbox360fanguy99, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Puppy Fujo Win User

Error on Call of Duty game

PAL region Xbox 360 games cannot play on a NTSC region Xbox 360 and vice versa. You will need a NTSC copy unfortunately.
  3. voteDC Win User

I have a question about playing a US bought game in the UK

[quote user="Pinbot Fembot"]

But it's not the TV that is the problem with PAL and NTSC, it's the Xbox. I have a PAL Xbox and it will NOT play most NTSC US games. Some are region free, but definitely not most. Believe me, I've tried. Check play-asia.com to see if your particular NTSC
    game is PAL compatible.

[/quote]That is not strictly true.

A 360 is capable of playing PAL and NTSC games and DVDs providing they are region free.

The issue comes to whether the TV can handle the signals and any decent one of say the last 15 years will be able to.

PAL and NTSC (no-one seems to remember Secam) might be used to describe regions but they are a separate issue to region locking.

This is why they have to list NTSC/U and NTSC/J separately on Play-Asia and other sites.
  4. Dirty Loco Win User

I have a question about playing a US bought game in the UK

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="Pinbot Fembot"]

But it's not the TV that is the problem with PAL and NTSC, it's the Xbox. I have a PAL Xbox and it will NOT play most NTSC US games. Some are region free, but definitely not most. Believe me, I've tried. Check play-asia.com to see if your particular NTSC
    game is PAL compatible.

[/quote]That is not strictly true.

A 360 is capable of playing PAL and NTSC games and DVDs providing they are region free.

The issue comes to whether the TV can handle the signals and any decent one of say the last 15 years will be able to.

PAL and NTSC (no-one seems to remember Secam) might be used to describe regions but they are a separate issue to region locking.

This is why they have to list NTSC/U and NTSC/J separately on Play-Asia and other sites.

[/quote]PAL and NTSC are redundant standard definition formats (PAL=625i @ 25FPS / NTSC=525i @ 30FPS). These formats are no longer the standards, but the names of them are still used for the companies to region lock their product
    if they chose.
  5. HassanB Win User

Cricket Game - Region restricted for US

Sorry, that game is regional (only available in PAL regions and playable on PAL XBOX 360's). As far as I know they do not have region free games in regards to Cricket as there's really no support for the game in the USA.

If you purchased your console in the United States your console is NTSC and can only play NTSC and Region Free games. Consoles purchased abroad are either NTSC-J (Japan), or PAL (EU). These cricket games are made strictly for PAL regions can they do not sell
    them in a region free format so it's not possible to play them on consoles purchased in the United States.

Hopefully that clears up your concerns.
  6. FiftyFour Bravo Win User

PAL and NTSC cds

from the info i got from wiki, you have a PAL 360 so you can play PAL games, but you can play NTSC-U and NTSC-J Games if they are region free
Thema:

Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360?

1. Can i play ntsc region game on my pal region xbox 360? - Similar Threads - play ntsc region

2. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  3. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  4. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  5. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  6. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  7. Will a PAL original Xbox game play on my NTSC Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will a PAL original Xbox game play on my NTSC Xbox 360?: I really want to play the Futurama game but I wanna know if it will work. Will it? a7ff44b4-3351-4653-96f1-32122cfba549
  8. Can I Play Old Xbox Game Ninja Gaiden (NTSC J) on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I Play Old Xbox Game Ninja Gaiden (NTSC J) on Xbox One?: I want to buy xbox 1st gen ninja gaiden ntsc j to play on my xbox one x but i need to knoe does xbox one x support this game disc? Thanks e618e8f6-a897-422b-ad04-75ef8977cd1d
  9. PAL / NTSC Game Sonic Unleashed bought and can't play in Europe (PAL)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PAL / NTSC Game Sonic Unleashed bought and can't play in Europe (PAL): A few weeks ago I bought game "Sonic Unleashed" that is PAL/NTSC on Xbox store. When I started it, it says wrong disc format message. I was looking EVERYWHERE and the only answer was, that i...
  10. I can't play my cod: Ghosts :( I was trying to sell it so I can exchange it with a ntsc ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play my cod: Ghosts :( I was trying to sell it so I can exchange it with a ntsc ...: I was trying to sell it so I can exchange it with a ntsc version.. is there any other way to play my cod ghost pal version? or can I just exchange it with the xbox support?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntsc xbox 360 games on pal console

2. cod ghost ntsc work on pal