Can I install the Xbox app without the latest version of windows 10?

Discus and support Can I install the Xbox app without the latest version of windows 10? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I want to install the Xbox app on my computer. However, my computer is unable to update, since it breaks the computer and I have to roll back. Is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheLegonaut, Mar 12, 2021.

1. TheLegonaut
    TheLegonaut Guest

Hi, I want to install the Xbox app on my computer. However, my computer is unable to update, since it breaks the computer and I have to roll back. Is there a way to install the xbox app without updating windows?

:)

TheLegonaut, Mar 12, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Error

I'm assuming you mean the Xbox beta App, so you can play games on Xbox game pass for PC or Ultimate. You need the latest Windows 10 version to be able to install the app, there is no other way. Also that app is only so you can find and install the games
    from game pass easier. You can still find and download the games from the Microsoft store app, but they may not work without the latest version of Windows installed.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

I dont play Xbox

You can uninstall the app if you have the latest version of Windows 10 installed. Just right click the xbox app tile and select uninstall.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

I'm afraid not. If it needs the latest version of Windows 10, then that's what it needs.

All may not be lost though. You can try forcing a Windows Update by downloading and running the Windows 10 Media Creation tool and choosing 'Update this PC now' from the within the tool.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

XBOX Game Pass Beta (PC) is a mess

Double check to make sure you have the latest version of Windows 10 (1903) installed, and have downloaded the Xbox beta app from the store. Without them both, you will have issues with the games not working.
  6. MatteoDonatacci Win User

Xbox (Beta) app doesn't open

Is your Windows 10 up to date? You need to have version 1903 (latest version) to run the app.
    Yes, Windows Update confirms that the latest version(1903) is installed.
Thema:

1. Can I install the Xbox app without the latest version of windows 10? - Similar Threads - install app without

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Apps not installing since today April 10 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Apps not installing since today April 10 2024: I was advised to update the Prime Video and MLB apps, but I experienced infinite loading at zero percent and the following error. 0x87e00017 The games updated and installed. Ports. Ok DNs 8888...
  5. How can I install this "Xbox Live Services" app/component?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I install this "Xbox Live Services" app/component?: On my PC I recently deleted the "Xbox Live Services" app, (not to be confused with the MAIN Xbox App or Game Bar or Gaming Services component) because I did not know what it was for and from then...
  6. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  7. The ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack app will not install on my xbox series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    The ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack app will not install on my xbox series X.: The ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack will not install on my xbox series X. It will start to download, then abort without any error. I have 70% free space on my HD, tried...
  8. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  9. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  10. Xbox Pc app is installing games I used to have, in the C Partition without my permission.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Pc app is installing games I used to have, in the C Partition without my permission.: I used to have those games before I upgraded to Windows 11. I downloaded software that does a backup for my saved files. However, after I extracted the backup files to the C partition, the Xbox...