Can I go from digital to disc on Xbox One?

Discus and support Can I go from digital to disc on Xbox One? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had to cancel gamepass and thus delete games I had made progress in. If I delete a game digitally on my Xbox One, then get the game in disc form,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Eddie Acosta1, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Can I go from digital to disc on Xbox One?

I had to cancel gamepass and thus delete games I had made progress in. If I delete a game digitally on my Xbox One, then get the game in disc form, will it save my progress?

:)

Eddie Acosta1, Feb 3, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Regardless of how you acquire the game, as long as it's the same game, it will work
  3. IceStorm III Win User

Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy

Specific to Xbox One, Digital allows for play without a disc present. It prohibits resale. Games purchased digitally can often times be refunded with a call to Live Support. I did this for the Xbox One version of the Destiny Digital Guardian Edition after
    the news came out about the buy on 360, get it on Xbox One for free.

Disc-based games must have the disc in the console to be played. They can be resold. Disc-based games routinely go on sale unlike Digital, though MS has been better about sales on digital titles as of late.

There is no "size" difference as both digital and disc titles deposit the same bits on to the Xbox One HDD. In fact, installed-from-disc titles can be converted to digital titles (and thus obviate the need for the disc) by simply buying the digital version
    of an installed-from-disc title. No re-downloading is required.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One Series S - I'm confused

You have names mixed up. There are no consoles named the Xbox One Series S or Xbox One Series X.

The Xbox One/One S/One X all have a disc drive.

The Xbox One S All Digital Edition does not have a disc drive.

The Xbox Series X has a disc drive.

The Xbox Series S does not have a disc drive.

All the consoles can play backward compatible games. The Series S and One S all digital edition can only play games digitally downloaded.

The other consoles can play games from disc and from digitally downloaded,

I hope this clears things up for you.
  5. IonicHickory279 Win User

Disc games to digital ASAP

You would only need to do this if you purchase the All digital Xbox One S that has no disc drive. If you purchase an Xbox One S or X with a disc drive they can still be used there. But there is no way to convert disc games to digital versions.
    Is there any way for me to exchange the games from disc to digital?

If they cost the same price, could I not bring the disc somewhere and be able to swap it out for a digital version of the game?
  6. Zirbengeist Win User

Can you pause and switch with Disc version of games?

Well the other benefit is supposedly you can sign on on any xbox one and have access to your digital library.

I am conflicted with the whole disc vs digital. I am not that lazy that I cannot pop in a disc but I want all the benefits of the digital games.

Meh if I can get the games I want at best buy in disc I will get them otherwise I will give digital a go
Thema:

1. Can I go from digital to disc on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - digital disc

2. I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games...: I have the new Xbox X and it works fine with the Xbox X/S game discs and the digital games I download work fine. Is there a reason why it won't read the older Xbox One games I have? Some are brand...
  3. Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy -

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy -: Why is my Dragon Ball xenoverse not downloading - I have a digital and disc copy - disc doesn’t want to finish downloading so I bough 1 in the Xbox store and does exactly the same thing stops at...
  4. Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?

in XboX Insiders
    Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?: I bought the Fallout 3 add-on pack Broken Steel and Point Lookout. Its been a a hundred years since I have been gaming so I didnt think about the fact that of course I needed the original Fallout...
  5. If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?: I ordered ufc 5 disc and while waiting for it to arrive I downloaded the game to my Xbox and was wanting to know if I can then use the disc version of the game to verify and be able to play the...
  6. Can't play Call Of Duty Black Ops3 Disc or Digital Version on my Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Call Of Duty Black Ops3 Disc or Digital Version on my Xbox One S: My Original Xbox One power supply died and I was told you can't get them anymore! So I purchased an Xbox One S Pre Owned and can't play Call of Duty Black Ops 3. But I could on my Original Xbox...
  7. MW 2 digital Disc Read Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW 2 digital Disc Read Error: Hey ever I keep getting this error when I load COD “ Disc Read error [8.7]: frontend_ui: ff” Previously MW2 had force quit and deleted itself from my Xbox, I reinstalled it, and have played a...
  8. Convert disc to digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Convert disc to digital game: Ive had my series S for 2 years and I've always wanted to play Forza Motorsport 7 on it but i only have to the disc for the game so i did not want to buy another copy , am i able to convert the...
  9. i bought a digital xbox one s today without realizing it had no disc slot. could i use a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i bought a digital xbox one s today without realizing it had no disc slot. could i use a...: could i use a dvd or a cd player as a disc slot? d81bdc92-b196-43b9-bbbb-680ddf72fab1
  10. Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error “The disc is unreadable.” after match end in digital copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops...: the title sums it up pretty much. after a local multiplayer match ends, the game tries to go back to the match settings screen but crashes afterwards giving the error message “The disc is...