Can I format my Xbox and keep game saves via the cloud? New UI install problems

Discus and support Can I format my Xbox and keep game saves via the cloud? New UI install problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, would be good if I could get some official word on this from xbox support staff, but other opinion and help is also most welcome. i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YeocYo, Oct 3, 2015.

1. YeocYo
    YeocYo Guest

Hi Everyone,

would be good if I could get some official word on this from xbox support staff, but other opinion and help is also most welcome.

i downloaded the nee User Interface, 6 time lucky having had it crash 5 times previously. My TV is now juddering everywhere, as in TV picture, sort of like it was before the 50hz fix. Also some of my games are juddering and dropping frames. PES 16 for
    example is nearly unplayable.

I am guessing the install was a disaster. Also to be fair I have noticed a little judder on the TV prior to the new UI, though not it is worse and i've isolated it to the xbox one (doesn't happen with Sky tv plugged directly into the tv).

So, I'm thinking a fresh install, as in formatting the xbox one would be a good idea. Mi have been on xbox live gold for a long time, so although I lose all local game save data, shouldn't all my game saves have also have been saved to the cloud? Shouldn't
    they all be recoverable, if I go ahead and format?

Please advise...cheers.

:)

YeocYo, Oct 3, 2015
  2. Can I Download Game and Keep Save?

Ye thanks but I want to know if I can select the option to install it to my console from the disc and continue my game there. Would that work? If it does will I still be able to play on a disc aswell?

Christopher M Myles, Oct 3, 2015
  3. kilimanj99
    kilimanj99 Guest
    New XBOX360 Hard Drive Install Help

Thanks for the reply. It is an official MS drive. I have tried connecting it directly but the system doesnt display it when I got to system->storage (or memory forget which option it is) not sure how I can format it there. I have tried reformatting it via
    USB but it still only shows 16GB. I found some other articles that say to format it via your PC as FAT32 but FAT32 doesnt format up to 250GB.

kilimanj99, Oct 3, 2015
  4. Can I format my Xbox and keep game saves via the cloud? New UI install problems

Hey there YeocYo!

Sorry to hear about the issues after installing the new update. In order for us to make sure that the proper folks are aware of the issue, you will need to make a post in the Xbox One Preview Forums.
    Thanks!

Mister Quimby, Oct 5, 2015
  5. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there YeocYo!

Sorry to hear about the issues after installing the new update. In order for us to make sure that the proper folks are aware of the issue, you will need to make a post in the Xbox One Preview Forums.
    Thanks!
  6. GraemePescud Win User

My game(fallout new vegas) wont accept my profile

Hi thx for the response

No I'm afraid I've tried all of that more than once. I suspect a problem in cloud saved stuff i had been sharing Gametime with someone who has sadly passed from cancer and I don't know those account details. Is there a mechanism to delete cloud saves?. Or if istart aprofile afresh can I use the games installed with a new Gamertag. Or is it format and start over
  7. XBF Amber M Win User

Kopia plików Forza Horizon 3 [Translation-Forza Horizon 3 File copy ]

Hi TwistedB8,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Since you'll be formatting and install a new copy of Windows, you would indeed need to redownload and install the game to your PC. The good news is that your progress in the game will be saved to the cloud.

I hope that helps out!
  8. Galenrandir23 Win User

Hungry Shark World Achievements

I did check the site, and no one had any suggestions. Only one person said they cleared their local and cloud save and started a new game which got it to work. Problem is the game is a super grind and I've unlocked a ton of stuff which I don't want to do
    again.

I'm trying to see if there is a way to backup my save. clear the local and cloud save, get the achievement and then reload my save. I have 2 Xboxs, would it be possible to install the game on my second Xbox, clear the local and cloud save, get the achievement,
    clear local and cloud save again, then fire up my main Xbox with my game save on it?
  9. HyJax LTD Win User

How Do I Enable Cloud Saves On My XBox One

Okay... I will admit I am hesitant yet I will trust you.

I will be resetting and formatting my Xbox One back to factory defaults then logging back in. I wil trust that the cloud will keep my saved game data and it will download once I log in and re-install the games.

I really hope I get to come back here and give you five stars...

EDIT: Ill check on of my friends Xbox first if I can.
Thema:

1. Can I format my Xbox and keep game saves via the cloud? New UI install problems - Similar Threads - format keep game

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  4. I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a usb 3.0 formatted for xbox one, and it wont read it.: I have a usb 3.0 that holds most of my xbox games and apps, and recently it stopped reading it. I don't know if it's the USB port's fault or the drive's. the port works if I use a wired...
  5. How to format external SSD to store and play games on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to format external SSD to store and play games on Xbox Series X?: I recently purchased the Crucial X6 4TB external storage SSD as I am running out of internal storage. I have an external HDD, but it seems fewer and fewer games are able to be stored on that...
  6. How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?: Dashboard>System>Storage devices>Storage Expansion Card>Options given: View contents, move or copy, uninstall content, change how drive is configured, rename, format, set as capture location....
  7. Invalid format message

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invalid format message: My son has changed the resolution yesterday (don't ask me why!) and now see just a black screen and message Invalid format when turning on the xbox. Any idea how we fix this? Cant go to settings...
  8. I’m trying to buy a game but it keeps saying my postal code is formatted wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to buy a game but it keeps saying my postal code is formatted wrong: Anybody know how to correctly format your postal code ‍ 6ad2a75a-d592-4ff4-902f-71c63bc71f4b
  9. Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format?: I bought this nexigo n69 mebcam to stream on twitch on my Xbox. The camera is in ASF format and from why I’ve heard isn’t compatible with Xbox. Is there a way to bypass this so I can use this...
  10. Xbox format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox format: I changed my resolution to 4k but my tv didnt alow it and now im stuck at the invalid format screen,ive tries everything including the eject and power button thing but it doesnr work please help...