Can I fix the fallout 4 launching error on xbox gamepass by buying the game on xbox app?

Discus and support Can I fix the fallout 4 launching error on xbox gamepass by buying the game on xbox app? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been gifted the xbox gamepass by discord and I wanted to play fallout 4. Every thing was perfect until I installed the game and launched it.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Burak Karakurt, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Can I fix the fallout 4 launching error on xbox gamepass by buying the game on xbox app?

I have been gifted the xbox gamepass by discord and I wanted to play fallout 4. Every thing was perfect until I installed the game and launched it.

The game seems to give an error of a missing folder, which I can find manually on my file explorer. I have read a forum on Microsoft Support. The same error seems to appear on others too. As I could tell, this was a developer based problem. I wonder if anybody tried buying the game after receiving this error, if yes I'd to learn the answer of this question.

Can I fix the fallout 4 launching error on xbox gamepass by buying the game on xbox app? [​IMG]

:)

Burak Karakurt, Jul 28, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Can I fix the fallout 4 launching error on xbox gamepass by buying the game on xbox app?

Hello, Burak. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

I'm pretty sure that purchasing the game would not make it work if it is not already working with Game Pass. May I know if you are running Windows 10 or 11 on your computer?

Also, would you please tell me your computer hardware? CPU, GPU and RAM please.

Waiting for your follow-up.
  3. Burak Karakurt Win User

I have been gifted the xbox gamepass by discord and I wanted to play fallout 4. Every thing was perfect until I installed the game and launched it.

The game seems to give an error of a missing folder, which I can find manually on my file explorer. I have read a forum on Microsoft Support. The same error seems to appear on others too. As I could tell, this was a developer based problem. I wonder if anybody tried buying the game after receiving this error, if yes I'd to learn the answer of this question.

[​IMG]
    Guys if you had the same problem, no need to buy. (but I did..)

Just open folder where you installed it, and manually open the game it works this way.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

I'm glad you found a solution! If you need any further asisstance with anything else, please let me know.
  5. Burak Karakurt Win User

Thank you, for your assistance. I'm running Windows 10 on my computer.
    My current hardware is;

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

Radeon RX 580 Series
  6. AhmadAskari Win User

Can't play any games on GamePass except the ones on EA Play for PC

No, They are not. I had GamePass PC earlier and everything used to work properly but then one day I got notification that there is an offer on GamePass Ultimate so I upgraded but since the day GamePass PC subscription ended and GamePass Ultimate subscription started, I can only launch games that are on EA Play and that too from EA Desktop App only.

Now, because the GamePass Ultimate was a 3 month subscription, so I can't even go back to GamePass PC until it's over.

Any game that launches from Xbox app for Windows fails to launch and tried repairing and resetting the Xbox and Microsoft Apps, sign-out and then again sign-in on both the apps but still same thing.

For Example, Forza Horizon 4 used to work earlier but now it does not.
Thema:

1. Can I fix the fallout 4 launching error on xbox gamepass by buying the game on xbox app? - Similar Threads - fix fallout launching

2. How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?: I have owned Fallout 4 GOTY edition since release. I use to play the game on my Xbox one and the game / DLC content worked fine. I’ve recently got a Xbox series X, the new next gen console. When I...
  3. When is fallout 4 going to be fixed and playable?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When is fallout 4 going to be fixed and playable?: I got the GOTY edition. Playing it on my series S. Game is unplayable. The main story to save nick valentine and the freedom trial will not work. Anytime you walk near that area it will freeze and...
  4. Will the creation club skins for fallout 4 be fixed for PS5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the creation club skins for fallout 4 be fixed for PS5: I cannot save my game when i download skins for the creation club. 1bcd2bbb-7ef7-4518-b636-e53dc4816450
  5. How to fix fallout 4 achievements?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix fallout 4 achievements?: For the game fallout 4 a handful of achievements will not unlock for me. Which is rather agitating because I wish to 100% the game, the two problem achievements is question are Semper Invicta and...
  6. Fallout Tactics (PC) Game Pass Fullscreen Problem and Fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout Tactics (PC) Game Pass Fullscreen Problem and Fix: So when I launched FO Tactics in would only load into borderless window mode at default game scale resolution. I'd have to manually adjust the windows resolution and that just looked like garbage....
  7. How do I fix fallout 1 black-screening

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix fallout 1 black-screening: When I open fallout 1 it asks me ''do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device'' I click yes and the launcher opens. But every time I click play it black-screens....
  8. Fallout 3 not working in Windows 11, anyone know how to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3 not working in Windows 11, anyone know how to fix?: I downloaded Fallout 3 from the Microsoft Store, and the game doesn't launch on my Dell G5 SE (AMD Ryzen 7 Edition). I've tried changing compatibility options and I've tried downloading the .EXE...
  9. How do I fix Fallout 76?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix Fallout 76?: So, a couple days ago I decided to download Fallout 76, when installed, it refused to launch, the closest I've got to launching the game is this screen: [img] It doesn't freeze, just closes...
  10. How to fix fallout 4 not launching after installing mods (cloud gaming)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix fallout 4 not launching after installing mods (cloud gaming): Fallout 4 doesn't lauch after installing mods, trough the in game mod downloader Im using cloud gaming on android So i cant delete mod files 2ed79bb6-6be0-4209-b698-eccd36d98edc