Can I download and install apps form the internet explorer on xbox?

Discus and support Can I download and install apps form the internet explorer on xbox? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have wanted to download an app via the web browser on xbox (the method where you download and installation software for that app to download it) and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Amethyst548, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Amethyst548
    Amethyst548 Guest

I have wanted to download an app via the web browser on xbox (the method where you download and installation software for that app to download it) and I have managed to download the installation software but when I try to open it, like it does with a windows computer, it tells me to install it from the microsoft store but it isnt on there. The main problem is that I cant find the setting to allow it so I can open the installation file as there is a setting on a windows computer to allow it so I am sure I can do I on an xbox. Also, I may need help on how to find the file I downloaded so i can reopen it and please let me know if you actually cant install things this way on xbox so I know.

Thanks a lot.

:)

Amethyst548, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

It's not possible to download and install anything from the browser to the console. If it's not in the console's store, then it hasn't been made available for use on the console.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Consoles.arent designed that way for a reason

Consoles.don't install exe.fjles

Nor.java.script

You can only run html5 apps which are sandboxed in themselves

A lot of good html5 gaming sites. Designed for xbox ones
  4. PR1NCE DARKNESS Win User

Xbox must be returned for repair

Hello There Fluffigvovve12,

I Would Very Much Like To Help You Out Dear Chap!, This Sounds More Like An "Pc" Issue With Your "Cookies" Than An "Xbox 360" Issue, So I Am Going To Have To Make It Into A "Xbox 360" Problem, I Would Like To Suggest That You Download The App Internet Explorer
    on Xbox LIVE To Your Console, You Will Have The Ability To Search The Web & Best Off All You Will Be Able To Access Xbox.com So You May Have Better Chances There. When You Download The App Internet Explorer , You Can Attempt To Access The Pages That You Want
    To Access Without Restrictions. You May Now Be Able To See Content That Will Not Show Up On Your "Computer", Now If You Have Any Questions & Concerns You Can Head Your Way To Here,

support.xbox.com/.../internet-explorer-info
    Please Keep Me Updated Dear Chap!,

Install Explorer

1. From Xbox Home, go to Apps and select Browse Apps.

• Browse or search for Internet Explorer.
    • Select Internet Explorer to download the app. When the download is complete, the Internet Explorer app automatically starts.
    To start Internet Explorer later, go to Apps, My Apps and then Internet Explorer.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi my internet explorer on xbox 360 does not want to load anny websites

Hi, TecnoBot. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

It's likely that the error is due to Xbox 360 no longer being maintained. You can try to delete/re-download the IE. Kindly sign in to Xbox Live with your gamertag.

Delete Internet Explorer:

Restart your Xbox console.

Go to Settings and select System.

Select Storage.

Select All Devices.

Select Games and Apps.

Highlight Internet Explorer and Press Y.

Select Delete and choose Yes to delete all items for Internet Explorer.

Reinstall Internet Explorer:

From Xbox Home, go to Apps, and then select Browse Apps.

Browse or search for Internet Explorer.

Select Internet Explorer to download the app. When the download is complete, Internet Explorer automatically.

If it persists, kindly try the rest of the steps here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/ap....
  6. Dave631 Win User

Installing Internet Explorer or Edge in X Box 360

With the latest dashboard update you should have Edge browser installed on the Xbox 360. You don't install Internet explorer or Edge, they come preinstalled and they can't be uninstalled. Please look for it in the apps list.
    Dashboard update is not listed anywhere in the APPS nor anywhere else I looked. When I found Internet Explorer, the only option available is to re download E3.
Thema:

1. Can I download and install apps form the internet explorer on xbox? - Similar Threads - download install apps

2. Xbox App download stuck on "Downloading...". When installing from xbox site, showing me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App download stuck on "Downloading...". When installing from xbox site, showing me...: First, i have 2 issues My first issue is that I can't start Minecraft Launcher because it says me to log in and then the sign in menu shows me "Webview2-runtime needs to be installed". But after...
  3. I cannot download/install XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download/install XBOX app: So I just added a new SSD to my slot 2 on motherboard, properly formatted and tried to re-install Starfield on it, which failed for some reasons. Then I started to get BSOD after startup so...
  4. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  5. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  6. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  7. My Xbox store app was downloading and I pressed cancel installation and now it won’t start....

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox store app was downloading and I pressed cancel installation and now it won’t start....: My store was doing the glitch where it re downloads every time you open it. I cancelled the down load and now it won’t open 0e9f022a-8891-4a0f-8fdc-78bc4109b884
  8. Xbox app saying download to console when the Xbox already has that game installed?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app saying download to console when the Xbox already has that game installed?: So when I would go on the xbox app and try and click roblox or minecraft it says download to console but I have those 2 games downloaded on the xbox.. Can anyone tell me whats going on? submitted...
  9. Xbox X will not download/install/update games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X will not download/install/update games or apps: Split from this thread. Did you end up finding a solution to your issue? My Xbox One X (latest OS update) is doing the same thing. Games will download from my account but not apps from...
  10. Gaming Services and App Installer prevent me from downloading/playing games on the Xbox App...

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming Services and App Installer prevent me from downloading/playing games on the Xbox App...: My Xbox App on PC does not allow me to install any games or to play games already installed. Any time I try it tells me that Gaming Services and App Installer are required, and it gives me a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 internet explorer installer update

2. can u use internet browser on xbox 360 to download games directly

3. install game from xbox browser