can I download all the games I own and play with my fiance to an external drive and have...

Discus and support can I download all the games I own and play with my fiance to an external drive and have... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My fiance has my old Xbox and we can't play games at the same time because she needs to be signed into my profile in order to play the games I own with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jrd 9, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Jrd 9
    Jrd 9 Guest

can I download all the games I own and play with my fiance to an external drive and have...

My fiance has my old Xbox and we can't play games at the same time because she needs to be signed into my profile in order to play the games I own with her own profile. If I'm playing a game and she's signed into mine to play my games with her profile and starts playing, it kicks me out of my game on my Xbox. Is it possible for her to just download the games she wants off my full Library onto an external drive and reset the Xbox to factory and have the games to play on the external without it asking for me to be signed in? Please help

:)

Jrd 9, Jan 29, 2023
  2. gds1972 Win User

playing on other xbox

Hi

If you log into your friends console all of your downloaded content should be available for you to download and play. If you own the disc version of the game all you will need to insert the disc install the game and play.

I personally have all of my games installed to an external hard drive then all I need to do is plug the drive in log into my profile and play from the external drive need to download of install the game on another console.
  3. Miguel Molina O Win User

can I download all the games I own and play with my fiance to an external drive and have her play the games that way without it asking me to be signed into my own profile?

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

It is possible to download games you own to an external drive and play them on another Xbox, but it may require some setup.

You can use the "Games & Apps" menu on your Xbox to download games to an external drive, then plug that drive into your fiance's Xbox and install the games from there. However, depending on the game, it may still require you to be signed in to your Xbox profile to play.

Another way is if you both have Xbox game pass you can share your Xbox game pass account and she can use your account to download the games you own and play them on her Xbox.

Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family is a Game Pass plan that allows up to five friends and family members to share Game Pass Ultimate benefits.

With the Friends & Family plan, all five members enjoy the benefits of Game Pass Ultimate, with their own unique access to all Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games, content, and benefits, regardless of what device they play on.

All the people you invite can play at the same time—you can even play together in the same game. Plus, you can include friends and family outside your household.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  4. leswalker2 Win User

downloads

however i try to download games that i own, either directly through the console itself or by going to the xbox store and initiating the downloads from there, nothing seems to work. my console recognises the external xbox drive no problems. have tried moving
    all my games to the external drive and then doing a complete console reset without the external drive connected checked it would install on itself {as it was now the only drive} and sti9ll no go. However my friends xbox uses my setup through wi-fi has has
    no issues at all.
  5. AmbreezieCox Win User

Xbox one powers on then immediately shuts down. The system is new and my kids have hardly touched it.

i had the same issues, but with playing disc games. my fiance and i have had to go full ditigal on ALL of our games and since then we have had no problems with the system shutting down on its own!
  6. Blastedoregano Win User

My MSFS2020 is downloaded to a hard drive, and a new update was set to download to the folder from when it was in my PC, and I’m thinking i should download it onto the drives official folder, should I

Hello, sorry I wasn’t more specific, but I do have MSFS 2020 downloaded into an external drive, and when it was downloaded onto the external drive it came with its own community and official folder, so my theory is I could set the update to download to external drives official folder, could I do that?
Thema:

1. can I download all the games I own and play with my fiance to an external drive and have... - Similar Threads - download games own

2. Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall: So I had the game Lamplighters when it came out on Game Pass, predownloaded it and all that. But ever since I uninstalled it, it's been downloaded to my computer almost daily, and I haven't been...
  3. When I try to install this game I own on my pc that I bought on xbox x I c<ant download it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to install this game I own on my pc that I bought on xbox x I c<ant download it...: [img] [img] Proof: 03f1b3b9-fdae-402d-b939-533e82b93d62
  4. I have owned a bunch of backwards compatible games but can't download them on my new console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have owned a bunch of backwards compatible games but can't download them on my new console: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** PII removed by moderator 9dba766b-ba0a-4980-9618-7943b02a7f33
  5. Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically: Hello everyone. Some months ago I had a nasty discovery: 3-4 games I had were directly under the sun and in the are of the world I live the sun kills everything. One day I was just trying to play...
  6. Owned games, ie Rocket League, Sea Of Thieves, FIFA.. all taking 11hrs + to download. Is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Owned games, ie Rocket League, Sea Of Thieves, FIFA.. all taking 11hrs + to download. Is...: Hi, I have an XBOX one series S digital… a few years old, following factory reset (all) I am trying to download owned games and each are minimum of 11 hrs. Is this normal? This is following...
  7. I downloaded and bought a game but it says Do You Own This Game Or App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded and bought a game but it says Do You Own This Game Or App?: Recently I bought black ops 1 on the Xbox series S, I bought it and downloaded it but it says Do you own this game or app? I have tried every tutorial I can find and it still won’t work. Please...
  8. Why is my Hogwarts legacy download not appearing in my 'owned games' anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Hogwarts legacy download not appearing in my 'owned games' anymore?: Purchased the Hogwarts legacy deluxe edition that said it was compatable for x/s and 1s, had it downloaded when the 1s version was released. Uninstalled it due to error issues but cannot...
  9. Bought and downloaded xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 but now it says I do not own the game and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought and downloaded xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 but now it says I do not own the game and...: Bought and dow loaded the bureau and all dlc. The dlc shows as owned but not the game. 47cf1577-c605-416c-9316-f3c1563230cd
  10. Downloading XBOX ONE Owned Games on My PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading XBOX ONE Owned Games on My PC: I can't seem to find my owned games on the XBOX app. I want to download them to play on the road without the lag of remote play. But when I try to get the answer I need from support they always...