Can I connect my Xbox Live Account with my Avatar on my Xbox without losing progress?

Discus and support Can I connect my Xbox Live Account with my Avatar on my Xbox without losing progress? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve had an Xbox 360 for 8 years. Since then, I’ve been using an avatar without an Xbox Live connection, which has now saved all my progress. Since I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EricOllanescu, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Can I connect my Xbox Live Account with my Avatar on my Xbox without losing progress?

I’ve had an Xbox 360 for 8 years. Since then, I’ve been using an avatar without an Xbox Live connection, which has now saved all my progress. Since I now want to switch to a newer console, I have to upload my data to the cloud, which I have stored all on the internal memory and not in the cloud. To do this, I need to connect my avatar to Xbox Live, i.e. to a Microsoft account. I already created a Microsoft account some time ago with my own game scores. What happens if I now connect my Microsoft account to my Avatar? Are game scores lost? Is all data stored together and added together?

:)

EricOllanescu, Aug 28, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Can I connect my Xbox Live Account with my Avatar on my Xbox without losing progress?

The avatar is connected to an offline account you used on the 360. You would need to join Live with that account. Since you created a Microsoft account, it would already have an Xbox account connected to it and you cannot transfer or merge anything with that new account.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Yes I did get you. The Avatar acts like an offline profile on your Xbox 360 where your game saves are stored. And the answer to question is no, it won't transfer.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

By Avatar you mean your Xbox 360 profile? The short answer is that you can't. It isn't possible to connect or merge 2 accounts.

Hope this helps.
  5. EricOllanescu Win User

I'm talking about these Avatars you can design. Everytime you start your Xbox, you have to chose your Avatar, because every Avatar has its own game progesses. Some are and some arent connected to Xbox live. It's not an Account that you would merch, I was asking about the Data.

To my Microsoft Account is the Gamedata of some games. It is never been connected to a Avatar before. The Avatar is just an internal way, so that every User can play with it's own Progress.

If I connect the Avatar with the Account, will then the DATA merch? I mean, I played with the Microsoft Account f.e. Minecraft on my Mobilephone. If i now connect the Microsoft Account to my Xbox Avatar, can i now play with the saved data (maps,accomplishments,...) on my Xbox?

Or asked differently; If I connect my Account with my Avatar, will my already with the Avatar achieved accomplishments be transferred to the Microsoft Account. Would I therefore keep all game-progresses of all games?

Thank you for your help!
  6. TDawg8302 Win User

Xbox 360 flashdrive unformatted overnight!

Thanks for the response and suggestions! Fortunately my xbox live profile wasn't on the thumbdrive/effected so I am able to redownload any content i purchased but my son had profiles and saved progress on games that weren't connected to xbox live account.
    I was hoping that there was a way to save or get that data off the drive so I can reformat without losing anything.
Thema:

1. Can I connect my Xbox Live Account with my Avatar on my Xbox without losing progress? - Similar Threads - connect Live Account

2. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  3. Add the feature to add ones account as my home Xbox without being connected to Xbox Live

in XboX Insiders
    Add the feature to add ones account as my home Xbox without being connected to Xbox Live: As I got perma banned yesterday it could be a life saving feature to make ones account as my home Xbox. So I can play all the games I have bought again as it is a total of 3000 dollars worth of...
  4. I can't connect my 360 account to Xbox live on my Xbox one x.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect my 360 account to Xbox live on my Xbox one x.: I've cleared the 360 saved data, restarted my wifi, and everything else. Now I can't download my 360 profile bc it refuses to connect. Pls help me I just wanna play l4d...
  5. Trying to sign into my account on the Xbox 360 and connect to Xbox Live so I can download...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to sign into my account on the Xbox 360 and connect to Xbox Live so I can download...: I have tried restarting my Xbox 360 and everything, I’m about to just smash it up and throw it away then get rid of all my gaming accounts. I’m so tired of everything not working I can’t deal with...
  6. Cannot connect to xbox live with my account. No microsoft personal support options.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to xbox live with my account. No microsoft personal support options.: Before my troubleshoot I want to say that on my xbox account is about ~300 Games, a lot of cloud saves, xbox game pass until 2023 and about 60000 gamescrore I'm big microsoft service enthusiast...
  7. Microsoft Solitaire Won't Connect to XBOX Live After Account Email Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Solitaire Won't Connect to XBOX Live After Account Email Change: I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I recently changed the email address I use as my Microsoft account. Now, when I go to play Microsoft Solitaire Collection it tells me that it...
  8. Cannot connect to Xbox Live Account on Windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live Account on Windows 11: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, I have been unable to play any of the games in my Xbox library on my PC. The only two games in my PC Xbox library account are Age of Empires 4 and Sea of...
  9. My xbox 360 account can't connect to xbox live (error code 8015190A) but my Xbox One can....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 account can't connect to xbox live (error code 8015190A) but my Xbox One can....: As the Subject says: I can't sign into my xbox live account on any 360 console. I have in my possession two xbox 360 consoles and have cleaned the cache on both in hopes of cleaning some file...
  10. Can't connect to Xbox live account for back compat games on Xbox one.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to Xbox live account for back compat games on Xbox one.: Hey! I'm a tech noob. I specifically bought dragon age origins because I lost the disk for my 360 which I still have. I've downloaded the game on Xbox one and it won't let me play!! I've looked...