Can I charge the Play & Charge battery from my Xbox Controller if I plug it into a laptop?

Discus and support Can I charge the Play & Charge battery from my Xbox Controller if I plug it into a laptop? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wanna know this because I am considering getting it, and I wanna know if I can charge it. If I can't charge it via a laptop, can I charge if I plug... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZedKGaming, Aug 7, 2022.

1. ZedKGaming
    ZedKGaming Guest

Can I charge the Play & Charge battery from my Xbox Controller if I plug it into a laptop?

I wanna know this because I am considering getting it, and I wanna know if I can charge it. If I can't charge it via a laptop, can I charge if I plug it in into a power outlet with a charging brick?

:)

ZedKGaming, Aug 7, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, ZedKGaming! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Yes, you can charge your Play & Charge kit by plugging it into one of your laptop's USB ports. This is mentioned at: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

"You can also charge your battery by connecting the controller and charge cable to any USB power source, and you can use other USB-certified cables. Charging times may vary."

I hope this helps!

Best regards.
  3. Zhumen-544CAF0C-D1E4 Win User

Elite controller not charging.

My Elite controller is not even syncing to the laptop... I just realized after gaming for a couple of days with it that I was never transitioning to wired controller when I plugged the cable in. The controller is totally dead unless I have batteries for
    it. play in charge is useless if I can't charge it from the controller. gave all my spares to family.
  4. gds1972 Win User

light cable in Xbox 1 controller + cable for windows

Hello I have just taken the battery out of my controller and plugged it in to my console with only the usb cable and can confirm that without a play and charge battery in the controller that the light on the usb does not like up. It looks like it is only
    used to confirm if the charge status on the play an charge battery.
  5. MEE97B Win User

What is wrong with these USELESS XBOX CONTROLLERS!!!

Hi there,

Yes, official Play & Charge kit.

I would use a phone charger, but as it can't hold a charge I kinda always have it connected to my laptop. Plus these controllers are very thirsty for AA batteries so I am using it plugged in.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Just got a Xbox S/X controller charging station model X-DZ-001, couple questions

this is due to the charging station and its batteries being third party, they don't have the required connections to the pin array int he controller, the charge station batteries will have external pins on them so when the controller sits on the mount it then charges the battery.

only official plug and play batteries from microsoft can charge via the usb on the controller, they do this through different pins internally.
Thema:

1. Can I charge the Play & Charge battery from my Xbox Controller if I plug it into a laptop? - Similar Threads - charge Play Charge

2. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  3. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Not Charging with Plug and Play: A week ago my Xbox Series X notified me that my controller battery was low. I plugged my plug and play cord into it and noticed it would not charge. The icon shows the lightning bolt symbol, but...
  5. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?: Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? f55893a7-05c8-4c37-b615-ec16ab388c31
  6. None of my Xbox Series Charge & Play kits work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox Series Charge & Play kits work anymore: I have two brand new Xbox series charge & play kits, both were bought at different stores and none of them will charge even in four different controllers using different cables and different...
  7. CHARGE AND PLAY PROBLEMS SERIES S

in XBoX on Consoles
    CHARGE AND PLAY PROBLEMS SERIES S: Hi! Today I noticed that my charge and play device isn't working, when i connect the control it works perfectly but the battery only charges a little, maximum 10 minutes when I disconnect the...
  8. AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AC Adapter stops charging battery when playing games on windows.: Any time I play a game on my laptop (MSI Katana 15 B12V) the AC adapter stops charging the battery. It comes back on if I unplug/plug the laptop to the power source, but will happen again a few...
  9. My good friend Yuri9493 just got charged 65 buck for call of duty iw and he can't play it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My good friend Yuri9493 just got charged 65 buck for call of duty iw and he can't play it.: had to go on another account to pay for his game and when he bought it, it installed and he couldn't play it. I wonder if anyone could help or else me and him might have to switch to ps and not...
  10. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...