Can I change the Microsoft Account my Xbox account is associated with?

Discus and support Can I change the Microsoft Account my Xbox account is associated with? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I was a kid my dad made me an Xbox account using his Microsoft account. I am now 21 years old and would like to have my own account. However, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Adrianna Frances, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Can I change the Microsoft Account my Xbox account is associated with?

When I was a kid my dad made me an Xbox account using his Microsoft account. I am now 21 years old and would like to have my own account. However, I would lose things associated with his Microsoft account such as games I have bought and progress. Is there a way to switch what Microsoft account my Xbox account is associated with? I also game on my PC now and would like to be able to keep everything on one account.

:)

Adrianna Frances, Jul 7, 2022
  2. CJ3NKINS Win User

Change the Microsoft account that my gamertag (XboxLive) is associated to.

Hi barretjones

I'm not interested in changing my mail. My question is about changing the microsoft account associated with my gamertag on xbox live. :) I wan't to associate my sons microsoft account with the gamertage on my Microsoft account. But thanks anyways...
  3. Mister Quasar Win User

Adding/Changing an email to an existing Gamertag

4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Adrianna. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, you cannot change the Microsoft account your Xbox profile is at. The Xbox profile is part of a Microsoft account, so it cannot be transferred to another account.

And since nothing can be transferred between accounts - purchases, games, progress - you would need to either keep using your dad's account or create a new one for you.

You can change your dad's account email address if he is not using his account anymore. But if he doesn't agree with this, you're left only with the two options above.

I'm sorry about this. Feel free to ask back any questions.
  5. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Xbox Profile transfer

Hi TK,

Technically transfers cannot be do but you can change the email address associated with a microsoft account.

In order to associate the gamertag with another account you will need to create a whole account with an email address and then do the following to associate the gamertag to that account. How
    to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
  6. goyanks135 Win User

Transfer saves to different account

Each 360 account can be associated with a Live account.

Currently I have:

old 360 account -> associated with my Live account but with the old gamertag

new 360 account -> associated with my Live account but with the new gamertag

The new account got created when I downloaded my profile using my microsoft sign in. The old account was associated with the same microsoft sign in but it didn't recognize my gamertag change. Now it won't let me sign in to live because it asks for my microsoft
    sign in details. I'm guessing the sign in fails because it's trying to find the microsoft account associated with the old gamertag.

I either need to somehow transfer my saves over to the new 360 account so I can upload them to the cloud, or I need someway for my Xbox to realize that my gamertag changed on the old account so I can sign into live again with that account.
Thema:

1. Can I change the Microsoft Account my Xbox account is associated with? - Similar Threads - change Microsoft Account

2. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  3. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  4. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  5. how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how I change my Microsoft account in minecraft: Ze********* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** """remove PII.""" """moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming """ f806951e-f754-42a4-892c-86db89f21b75
  6. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  7. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  8. How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my Xbox one email to match my microsoft account email?: I have two xbox one profiles, the main profile (The one I want to keep) is linked to my yahoo account and the second profile (The one I want to delete) is linked to my email account. My email...
  9. Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account information was all changed. How else can I recover?: Hello My microsoft account was taken. The email was switched and the number was deleted. I have no other way to sign in that Microsoft is asking for to get it back. Is there any other sign of hope...
  10. I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to change my microsoft account to a new one.: Hello. I'm trying to sign out of a Microsoft account and use a new one for my xbox account. However, I don't know where to start and I've heard that you really can't due to them being linked....