can friending be cross compatible?

Discus and support can friending be cross compatible? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; how do I befriend an xbox one player? e7b25ec8-94dc-4ec1-85de-4561c3c45761 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LucidCrash, Apr 20, 2020.

1. LucidCrash
    LucidCrash Guest

how do I befriend an xbox one player?

:)

LucidCrash, Apr 20, 2020
  2. HoRidz Win User

how do I befriend an xbox one player?
    Hello, I hope the following information helps! Have a great night!

To change your relationship with a friend from the Xbox Console Companion app:

1. Select your friend from your friends list. This displays their profile.
    2. Select More, and then select Change friendship.
    3. Choose whether you want this gamer as a friend or a favorite. You can also change if they can see your real name, or you can remove that gamer from your friends list completely.

Note When you remove a friend from your friends list, you’re not removed from their friends list by default. If you don't want that player to see your activities or interact with you, you can block that player from
    their profile by selecting More > Block.

Source: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...-socialize/manage-friends-followers-favorites
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Gaming cross platform XBox One X and Windows???

4. blueamcat Win User

Minecraft pe/pc multiplayer

Is your friend using the Java Edition or the Windows 10 Edition/Bedrock?

If Java, that version is not cross-play compatible.
  5. Smwutches Win User

How can my son play Fortnite across mulriple platforms?

6. Obsessive Power Win User

It's possible a cross play between Series x and ps4 , installing the xbox one version on xbox series x ?

Hi,

Possibly, but there needs to be a number of conditions present in order for it to work.

1. Fundamentally, your game needs to be cross play compatible.

2. It also either needs to be either cross generation compatible or have a last generation only version of the game.

In regards to 2, if a game is both cross play and cross generation version compatible, then it won't matter what Xbox you've got, you can play your friend/s on the PS4. A good example of this is some of the later Call of Duty titles and Warzone. However, some games only have cross play between the same generation, so Xbox One version can play PS4, but can't play against someone on Series X|S or a PS5. This varies from title to title.

All Xbox One games will will work on the Series X, even the latest games. FIFA 23 for example has two distinct versions of the same game.
Thema:

1. can friending be cross compatible? - Similar Threads - friending cross compatible

2. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...
  3. I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it: I am game sharing with my friend and I bought mw3 cross gen bundle and he can’t play it 383b6bea-8a2a-4295-b410-e601616b36b5
  4. Why does my friends or my Xbox say "this game can not be cross play" when we srs both on Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my friends or my Xbox say "this game can not be cross play" when we srs both on Xbox?: My Xbox as well as my friends is not letting us play games together. It keeps on saying this game is not cross platform but we are both on Xbox and we have tried to change our settings and we have...
  5. Cross Platform Friends option is not showing in Minecraft for PS4 and it's saying unable to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cross Platform Friends option is not showing in Minecraft for PS4 and it's saying unable to...: Hii, I play minecraft on a PS4 and I'm logged in with my microsoft account. About two weeks ago it stopped letting me join my friends world. It's saying "unable to connect to realms" where it...
  6. Can't add cross-platform friends on Minecraft Bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add cross-platform friends on Minecraft Bedrock: My friend is on a PS5, I'm on pc. When we go to add each other it says gamertag not found. We used the Microsoft gamertags aswell 33f6756a-a912-4f1a-8011-d67bfd480b2f
  7. How do I fix it when my friend can't join my world on minecraft via Cross platform? Error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix it when my friend can't join my world on minecraft via Cross platform? Error...: I am on Windows Minecraft Bedrock, And my friend is on Switch Bedrock Minecraft. Whenever they try to join they are greeted with this error message. My friend Who is on playstation is able to join...
  8. How do I add a friend if we are playing cross platform PSN/Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend if we are playing cross platform PSN/Xbox: Can't figure out how to send a friend request cross platform fd591deb-218f-42c1-a87f-860573208802
  9. I am playing rainbow six siege and my friend is on PC there is cross play now but can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am playing rainbow six siege and my friend is on PC there is cross play now but can't...: Can Someone help me understand that rainbow six siege is cross play but I can't invite my PC friend I'm on Xbox someone help bc4a38c5-535f-4f81-b7db-240a7dd8ffd5
  10. "cross-friend list" in the cross-play

in XboX Insiders
    "cross-friend list" in the cross-play: I have friends in Xbox, PlayStation and Steam, with cross-play being now an amazing reality would be amazing to see what our friends are playing in other platforms, so you can invite or join in...