Can Disney Plus and Paramount Plus output in 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound using Optical S/PDIF?

Discus and support Can Disney Plus and Paramount Plus output in 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound using Optical S/PDIF? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I do not own an Xbox One, an Xbox One S, or an Xbox One X, but I'm thinking about buying one, primarily for watching content on Disney Plus and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MasquedWarrior, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Can Disney Plus and Paramount Plus output in 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound using Optical S/PDIF?

I do not own an Xbox One, an Xbox One S, or an Xbox One X, but I'm thinking about buying one, primarily for watching content on Disney Plus and Paramount Plus. I already have a 5.1 surround sound receiver with speakers, but there's only one problem with it. The surround sound receiver doesn't have HDMI, it only supports optical S/PDIF for surround sound.

That brings me to my question. Do the Disney Plus and Paramount Plus Xbox One X apps support surround sound using optical audio output? If I hook up an optical S/PDIF cable from an Xbox One to my 5.1 surround sound system, will it output sound in 5.1 surround sound, or only in stereo? I'm wondering if I'll need to buy a receiver that supports HDMI to output audio in surround sound.

:)

MasquedWarrior, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Can Disney Plus and Paramount Plus output in 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound using Optical S/PDIF?

Hi MasquedWarrior! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The Xbox supports that output configuration so there must be no trouble with the output trough S/PDIF cable as the output is managed by the console
  3. IceStorm III Win User

Basic question about 5.1 possibilities with xbox

You would connect an optical cable between the AV cable and the receiver, yes. Dolby Digital 5.1 is true surround sound. Five discrete channels plus subwoofer.
  4. Oracle99 Win User

Direct TV Genie No 5.1 surround sound

I don't believe that surround sound is currently being supported through the XBX1 HDMI output (supposed to be updated at some point). Dolby Digital is not supported at the moment, but DTS 5.1 surround should be available from the optical output on the XBX1
    if you can use it. Good luck
  5. SandM1tch Win User

How many of you use the S-Video Cable?

[quote user="l Archvile l"]

Oh yes, that would work. But I also have a surround sound receiver, and lol I have filled it with hdmi cables, so the xbox is stuck with component :p

[/quote]

I'm sure your receiver has an Optical S/PDIF port on it and you can use both the HDMI and Optical Audio cable at the same time. But its your choice if you want to use the lower quality cables. There's no difference between the HDMI and Optical Audio cable
    in terms of sound quality. Both can easily do Dolby Digital 5.1 and that's the best the Xbox 360 can output.
  6. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

One Update to support optical DD 7.1

No official word. There was a post on NeoGaf from someone from MS basically saying Dolby 5.1 optical will be added and wasn't available at launch because of software scheduling. Shame this plus a chat adapter still aren't available. I hope around the time
    Turtle Beach launches their Xbox One specific headsets in February they will add this back in. Their sound processor was one thing MS was especially proud about for the One, but for anyone with a surround sound headset it's completely worthless right now.

-

Also just for accuracy Dolby Digital can't output 7.1 over optical only 5.1 because of bandwidth. Astro A50 base takes the 5.1 up samples it to Dolby 7.1 and then using Dolby Headphone takes the 7.1 and down mixes it to stereo that headset actually uses.
    All according to the Dolby specs though so all the nice positional simulation is left in there. I own a pair of A50s and I have to say the for use with the Xbox One stereo output right now I turn off the Dolby mixing off on mine. Dolby has never sounded all
    that good up mixing stereo sources to surround sound.
Thema:

1. Can Disney Plus and Paramount Plus output in 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound using Optical S/PDIF? - Similar Threads - Disney Plus Paramount

2. Disney Plus App No 4K Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Disney Plus App No 4K Xbox Series X: On the latest alpha skip ahead update, xsx. Not sure how long this issue has been active. Disney+ app will not display 4K or show the 4k option when selecting a movie. Only HD is available....
  3. Disney Plus Insider Preview Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Disney Plus Insider Preview Alpha Skip Ahead: Hi Has anyone joined the Disney Plus insider preview? If you're thinking about it.. Don't! Quality is rubbish. I left the preview, deleted the app and reinstalled but my series x keeps...
  4. Disney plus not working on my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disney plus not working on my xbox: Disney plus isn't working on my xbox why ae9d227a-83c3-4ca8-a566-09a9b3e79af8
  5. Is it possible to install a Cellcom, Partner, Disney Plus application on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to install a Cellcom, Partner, Disney Plus application on Xbox Series S: Is it possible to install a Cellcom, Partner, Disney Plus application on Xbox Series S 7f41910f-6062-459b-80b5-2a6244a23bff
  6. Disney plus doesnt load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disney plus doesnt load: I have an xbox series x which plays disney perfectly. My older xbox one original model simply doesnt want to play any programms within disney plus library. It isnt the network as it shows all...
  7. can’t install disney plus on xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can’t install disney plus on xbox one?: sooo i have this issue where i cant install the app from the app store. each time i load onto the app store to download disney, it’ll tell me there was a problem with the page (disney’s page). ive...
  8. When will Disney plus be available on Xbox in South Africa?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Disney plus be available on Xbox in South Africa?: When will Disney plus be available on Xbox in South Africa? 34195c3c-64a3-4e37-805e-7fe26e294d4e
  9. Disney plus xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney plus xbox app: Good evening, the South African xbox app store does not have the disney + app. Is there a known time line? 2301c9a9-9626-4256-a992-2d23ed39b9aa
  10. Disney plus on Xbox store South Africa?

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney plus on Xbox store South Africa?: Has there been any update on when Disney+ will finally be available on the Microsoft store for Xbox in South Africa? Kind Regards 7653468b-c19f-4ac5-a78a-07e656c2a1d2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disney plus spdif dolby