Can Chat Though Kinect but not Wired Microphone??

Discus and support Can Chat Though Kinect but not Wired Microphone?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've contacted xbox support at least a dozen times. Things I've Tried: -Hard Reset xbox -Restore Factory Settings -Getting a new stereo headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WeeWeeeNoodle, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Can Chat Though Kinect but not Wired Microphone??

I've contacted xbox support at least a dozen times. Things I've Tried:

-Hard Reset xbox

-Restore Factory Settings

-Getting a new stereo headset adapter for my 2 older controllers

-Buying 2 new controllers with built in headset jacks

-Updating controllers

-Removing gamer account from xbox then restoring

-Opening ports

-Setting DMZ to xbox

-Wired and wireless connections

-Trying another gamer tag

-Reset network cache

-Xbox headset, Beats, Apple earbuds

-Reassigning controller to gamer tag

-BUYING A BRAND NEW XBOX

I literally went and got a new xbox and it's still not working. If I click the volume buttons on my Beats or Apple headphones people can hear the clicking. In the party window it shows a headset icon. The headset for chat option is on and nothing is muted.
    If I can talk through the Kinect that makes me think it can't be a network issue. I have no idea what else I could possibly do.

:)

WeeWeeeNoodle, Jan 11, 2016
  2. Saxs253
    Saxs253 Guest
    Party chat trouble.

idk why but i can chat thruogh my kinect now but not through the headset still. at least i can talk though

Saxs253, Jan 11, 2016
  3. dlCHIEF58
    dlCHIEF58 Guest
    xbox 360 chat headset options

Sorry, but what you are asking is not possible with a wired headset - all wired chat mics go through the controller. However if you were to get one of the Xbox 360 Wireless Headsets or a Kinect then you would be set.

dlCHIEF58, Jan 11, 2016
  4. Can Chat Though Kinect but not Wired Microphone??

Try turning the Mic Monitoring all the way off.

ZombieCartmanYT, Jan 12, 2016
  5. ZombieCartmanYT Win User

Try turning the Mic Monitoring all the way off.
  6. Anonymous23265661212 Win User

i have muted myself???

Try this:

Check the Kinect microphone setting

If you’re using the microphone in the Kinect sensor for chat, make sure no headsets are connected to your console (wired or wireless). Then, make sure the chat microphone on the Kinect sensor is on.

To turn on the Kinect chat microphone:

Sign into Xbox LIVE.

Press the Guide button on your controller.

Select Chat & IM.

Make sure the Kinect microphone is set to On.

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshooting-parties-voice-chat
  7. guz2221 Win User

I just got a headset and was using that using the mic on the Xbox Kinect.

Hello LAPIII,

Of course you can, to disable the Kinect microphone go to:

# Settings

# Select Kinect

# Uncheck 'Use Kinect microphone for chat.'

Voice commands will also work with the "Kinect microphone being off".
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User

having problems with headset in xboxone chat ?

It does not force you to use the kinect for chat. You can turn your kinect off as a microphone by going to settings and selecting kinect and deselect the microphone option
  9. Mr Boozyhead Win User

Headset/Kinect compatabilty issues. Please help.

Try going into settings and untick 'use kinect microphone for chat' don't know if it will make any difference though
Thema:

1. Can Chat Though Kinect but not Wired Microphone?? - Similar Threads - Chat Though Kinect

2. My clips and 30s vids dont show up in the xbox friend chat menu even though i clipped them....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My clips and 30s vids dont show up in the xbox friend chat menu even though i clipped them....: 1: Nothing to see here even though i clipped many things: https://imgur.com/a/J2Nu0uc ( cant paste images in here) 2: All my clips which dont show up/ both 30s second ones and full clips:...
  3. I cannot use voice chat in COD Warzone 2.0 even though I have a microphone on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot use voice chat in COD Warzone 2.0 even though I have a microphone on Xbox Series X: I got a new headphone which is wired. when I connected it to my controller, everything was working fine and the microphone was giving feedback. but when I tried to play a game, the microphone did...
  4. I still can’t use party chat even though my communications suspension ended 2 days ago

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I still can’t use party chat even though my communications suspension ended 2 days ago: Please fix this my username is KEA456 e64d352c-dff0-45e5-9df0-dc745378a31a
  5. Game bar party chat picks up audio when I join a party even though I have push to talk selected

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar party chat picks up audio when I join a party even though I have push to talk selected: So in the Game bar party chat my microphone is super sensitive even with noise suppression on so I turned on push to talk, today when joining a party I wasn't hitting the designated button but the...
  6. Xbox Party chat wont pick up mic even though i can hear it

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Party chat wont pick up mic even though i can hear it: All of a sudden my mic stopped being picked up in party and game chat. The mic still works and I can still hear the mic on my xbox series X when i speak but no one else can hear me. The Xbox still...
  7. How do I fix game chat, party chat works fine even though I use Xbox streaming?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix game chat, party chat works fine even though I use Xbox streaming?: Party chat works fine, I use Xbox streaming to stream to my laptop to use as a monitor, this is a problem in both Modern Warfare 2 and Overwatch 2, where in both games the voice chat doesn't work....
  8. Nobody showing up in discord chat even though connection was successful?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Nobody showing up in discord chat even though connection was successful?: For the past couple of days when playing xbox, I've had issues connecting a discord voice chat through the mobile app on my phone. I've had no issues connecting prior to this, but out of nowhere...
  9. Why cant I party chat with my friends even though I'm the one not banned.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I party chat with my friends even though I'm the one not banned.: Hello. I've been trying to play games with my friends. Ever time I try to create a party it gives me error code 0x80190193. I don't understand why. My family shares an xbox and my brother got...
  10. Kinect Issue: Kinect Won't Detect Voice in Party or Private Chat Though Xbox Hears Me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Issue: Kinect Won't Detect Voice in Party or Private Chat Though Xbox Hears Me: When I join a party or private chat and try to speak the Kinect doesn't detect my voice. My priviledges are okay, and my Kinect isn't muted. When I sign in as my brother I can talk. Can someone...