Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?

Discus and support Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Headset audio stopped working - the console (xbox one s) didn't register that a headset was attached. It was a faulty controller, so we exchanged it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by evolutionistr, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?

Headset audio stopped working - the console (xbox one s) didn't register that a headset was attached. It was a faulty controller, so we exchanged it and now have a new one. When the headset is plugged in the console recognises it. In settings we set audio
    to 'headset' and turn the volume right up. The headset physical volume is not muted and is turned right up. Yet no sound comes through the headset and still comes out of the tv. I should point out its a new xbox one branded headset and it works fine when
    plugged into a phone.

We tried doing a reset of the console, but that didn't help. Any ideas what's going wrong?

:)

evolutionistr, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. If you're having trouble using the mic in chat please try these steps to see if one of them helps.

1. Mute then unmute other people in your party
    2. Have other people in the party mute than unmute you
    3. Power cycle the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down.
    4. Delete your gamertag, powercycle the console again then redownload your gamertag

If you still have trouble with the headset you can try the steps at this link

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

I also wanted to mention that perhaps it is an issue with the jack itself. You could try getting a headset adapter for the controller. I use one exclusively and have never had an issue as the adapter is more stable than the jack.
  3. Tetanos666 Win User

Hello,

I use a simple phone handsfree headset and works brilliantly. I suggest that you try one yourself if you have one around. Next test would be connecting your headsets to another controller, a friend's maybe. Lastly, you can try your controller with another
    Xbox. There could be a problem with the pins of the jack. I sometimes need to turn it clockwise or the other way for the sound to come.

I hope you sort it out easily,

Cheers
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Why do my headsets not work on Xbox Series X?

Hi Adromyster, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

Check to see if the microphone on the headset is muted. Some headsets have a mute button on the headset itself or on the cable.

To check if the microphone on your headset is muted, follow these steps:

Open the "Settings" application.
    Select "Sound & Display".
    Select "Audio".
    Select "Microphone".
    Check the "Microphone Mute" button. If the button is on, the microphone is muted.

Check your console's audio settings. Make sure that the headset microphone is selected as the audio input device.

To check your console's audio settings, follow these steps:

Open the "Settings" application.
    Select "Sound & Display".
    Select "Audio".
    Select "Input Devices".
    Make sure that the headset microphone is selected as the input device.

You can also test the headset on another version of the console. If the microphone works on another version of the console, then the problem is related to your console version. In this case, it is possible that your console is not compatible with your headset.

I hope I have been able to help you and that your problem has been solved.

Regards, Oskayra
  5. MekhiGibson Win User

Xbox one party chat problem.

I have tried both different headsets and remote controllers but II still have the problem that despite wearing my headset, no one can hear me in a party, despite I being able to hear anyone else. Please help me. How do I solve this
    problem. I'm not sure if it's because due to a change in my xbox one's sound settings or what, but please help me solve the problem asap pls.

6. andersonpassos Win User

Headset/speaker chat option still playing through both

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Make sure your headset is properly connected to your Xbox. Check that the headset is securely plugged into the correct port and that the cables are not damaged.

Check the settings on your Xbox to ensure that your headset is set as the default audio device for chat. Go to Settings > Display & sound > Volume > Party chat output and check that the output is set to your headset.

Check the settings on your game to ensure that the audio is set to come through the headset. This will vary depending on the game, but it is usually found in the audio settings menu.

Try restarting your Xbox and headset. Sometimes this can help to reset the settings and resolve the issue.

Try a different headset, to verify if the problem is with the headset or the Xbox

Check for any updates for your Xbox and headset, it could be a software related problem that could be solved with an update.
Thema:

1. Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem? - Similar Threads - anyone help solve

2. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  3. can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can anyone help?: i try to install the "Xbox app" but it says its starting the download and never stops and when i fully reset my pc to make a fresh start it did the same thing and it says the problem is on Xboxes...
  4. Can anyone help me troubleshoot my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help me troubleshoot my Xbox series X?: While playing a game, after an unspecific amount of time, the game image will start to flicker and cut out. Then, the xbox controller will disconnect, and the xbox series x will lose internet...
  5. Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?: I've been trying to get help with a controller issue that has persisted from my xbox one to my xbox x. It randomly disconnects and it makes it impossible to play games online. The asked in the...
  6. ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?

in XboX Insiders
    ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?: Necesito su ayuda, jugando en mi Xbox One S a Gears 5, más especificamente el DLC Hivebusters, al terminar mi partida del día y retomarla al día siguiente, me regresa al inicio del capítulo y con...
  7. I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?: [img] I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Help d2ceb160-e98e-47ac-9b2c-442ff356f022
  8. Update issues. Can anyone please help

in XboX Insiders
    Update issues. Can anyone please help: Hi. I received a message for an update yesterday (24.01.2024) for my Xbox one. I went through the usual process, waited for it to finish and restart, so I can check for game updates. Once it...
  9. Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?: I replaced the disc drive on my Xbox one. The disc before wouldn't really spin. I successfully replaced the disc drive, and the disc still won't read. Suggestions?...
  10. series x and s accounts. Need help from Microsoft or anyone else how to solve this issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    series x and s accounts. Need help from Microsoft or anyone else how to solve this issue.: My friends and I are unable to sgin into our Xbox series x and s accounts. We need help from Microsoft or anyone else. 073e8c44-da1d-4393-9e69-5c0b67e27e63