Can an Xbox One S optical drive be used as an external usb disc drive for the Xbox Series S?

Discus and support Can an Xbox One S optical drive be used as an external usb disc drive for the Xbox Series S? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can an Xbox One S optical drive be used as an external usb disc drive for the Xbox Series S? 19455bfc-4d24-4499-b7ca-00ad4a32e9af Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pederson_Kem, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Pederson_Kem
    Pederson_Kem Guest

Can an Xbox One S optical drive be used as an external usb disc drive for the Xbox Series S?

:)

Pederson_Kem, Dec 7, 2022
  2. dempup Win User

Will the xbox series s support external disk drives.

Hi Oliver.

No external optical drives will be supported on the Series S/X. For disc based gaming, you will need to purchase the Series X, NOT s.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one series S & portable SSD's

Hi,

You can use USB external SSD drives on Series X/S or you can buy a 2.5" PC SSD and attach it to a SATA to USB 3.1 adaptor.

These drives are a lot faster than a standard USB 3 external HDD. However, you can only play Xbox One, Xbox 360 and original Xbox BC titles directly from them. Series X/S games can only be played from the internal drive or the optional Expansion Card.
  4. dempup Win User

Do You Have to buy XBOX game pass to play good games in any xbox

The Series S is digital download ONLY, and comes WITHOUT an optical drive, so unfortunately not. Only the Series X of next gen Xbox's will have a optical drive.

You can see more information here : Series S.
  5. Pederson_Kem Win User

if i took the cd drive out of an xbox one s and attached it via usb to an xbox series s, would it be able to run discs?
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One Series S - I'm confused

You have names mixed up. There are no consoles named the Xbox One Series S or Xbox One Series X.

The Xbox One/One S/One X all have a disc drive.

The Xbox One S All Digital Edition does not have a disc drive.

The Xbox Series X has a disc drive.

The Xbox Series S does not have a disc drive.

All the consoles can play backward compatible games. The Series S and One S all digital edition can only play games digitally downloaded.

The other consoles can play games from disc and from digitally downloaded,

I hope this clears things up for you.
Thema:

1. Can an Xbox One S optical drive be used as an external usb disc drive for the Xbox Series S? - Similar Threads - optical drive used

2. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  3. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  4. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable. During playback, only a stereo signal is outputted. In the audio settings, there is no graphical surround...
  5. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable....
  6. Why won't my new optical drive work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my new optical drive work?: I replaced my Xbox one's optical drive with a brand new one and installed the original daughter board into it, but it still won't read any discs, neither Xbox one nor 360....
  7. : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic: : (Mexico) Xbox One (All versions) it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic I’m not an expert with networking, but I would assume they’d be “compatible.” Either way, your console is connected...
  8. I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl: I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl What kind of Fibre connection is this? its a UK FTTP connection then it will be contended. If its dedicated then you have an issue and need...
  9. DTS digital surround via optic

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS digital surround via optic: Hi im having issues with my new xbox one x and my headset using dts digital suround through optical bitstream out, I had an original xbox one and had no problems and the suround sound on my...
  10. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...