Can an Oculus Rift S run on an Xbox One S?

Discus and support Can an Oculus Rift S run on an Xbox One S? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m making the desicion to get an Oculus Rift S, but I want to know if it can run on an Xbox One S. I don’t want to play games on Xbox with the Rift S,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ProSnyp86, Jun 2, 2019.

1. ProSnyp86
    ProSnyp86 Guest

I’m making the desicion to get an Oculus Rift S, but I want to know if it can run on an Xbox One S. I don’t want to play games on Xbox with the Rift S, I just want to be able to actually run the headset on and to be able to play games via the oculus app.
    Does this work?

:)

ProSnyp86, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Koods Win User

I believe you can stream the Xbox to the headset but I'm not entirely sure it's compatible with the console - which would mean requiring PC hardware to run it.
  3. InoportunoG Win User

Yes, they can be used in Xbox One S and you can do more things, one of my partners left an Oculus link up, check it 😀
  4. Allebas Win User

5. ProSnyp86 Win User

Ok thank you for your reply! I will look into something else, have a nice day!
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Can I use Oculus Rift & Touch on Xbox One S?

The Xbox One S was never mentioned for VR gameplay.

When they first announced the more powerful Xbox One X, they mentioned, it would be powerful enough for VR, but didn't mention which VR hardware would be compatible with Xbox.

Then, shortly before the Xbox One X was launched, the VR feature was removed from any marketing materials.

I own the Oculus Rift, and I can confirm that it does NOT work on the Xbox One X (or any other Xbox One for that matter).

So short answer: No you can NOT use Oculus Rift on the Xbox One at all.
Thema:

1. Can an Oculus Rift S run on an Xbox One S? - Similar Threads - Oculus Rift run

2. Xbox one streaming VR is only on oculus rift, it's possible to transfer it on oculus gear VR ?

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox one streaming VR is only on oculus rift, it's possible to transfer it on oculus gear VR ?: Hello, im wondering if it's possible to transfer/convert/run app from oculus rift- this one: ( https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1266881563371842/?locale=pl_PL ) To Oculus gear Vr. If...
  3. XBox One S and Oculus Rift S connections

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S and Oculus Rift S connections: Hi I have an Xbox One S and an Oculus Rift s but i can only connect the USB and not the displayport. Is there an adapter i need to purchase? The Rift came with one but the xbox doesn't have the...
  4. Forza HORIZON con OCULUS RIFT S su PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza HORIZON con OCULUS RIFT S su PC: Buongiorno, volevo sapere se c’è la possibilit di usare l’OCULUS RIFT S con FORZA HORIZON 4 aquistato su xbox anywhere. Ho trovato solo l’app XBOX ONE STREAMING, scaricata su windows 10 ma ho...
  5. Oculus Quest/Rift on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Oculus Quest/Rift on Xbox: VR for Xbox would be amazing! I just hope it doesn't get abandoned like the Kinect. They would need to release some good games for it. 270ba3eb-41c0-4437-b49e-de630c24abf2
  6. Minecraft 1.13.0.13 on Oculus Rift S

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft 1.13.0.13 on Oculus Rift S: After minecraft beta updated to 1.13.0.13 the game does not display properly on oculus rift s. All mobs are floating up the air and the player avatar is in the way of the view. I have tried...
  7. Can I use Oculus Rift & Touch on Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use Oculus Rift & Touch on Xbox One S?: I noticed there is news release that Xbox no longer supports VR systems/headsets including the compatible Oculus Rift. So if I purchase a new Oculus Rift, would it be possible to play some VR...
  8. Xbox sign in for Minecraft Oculus Rift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox sign in for Minecraft Oculus Rift: Since you bought Minecraft, can we have Xbox sign-in for Oculus Rift Edition? cc31adaf-b241-458c-99ac-67bb54aff560
  9. How does one get on the xbox one x Oculus Rift Beta test?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does one get on the xbox one x Oculus Rift Beta test?: I just got an Oculus Rift for my PC. Works great. I know there was some talk that the VR sets would work with xbox. I know my PC and I know my xbox one x.. Oculus will work flawlessly with Xbox...
  10. can oculus rift become compatible with xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    can oculus rift become compatible with xbox one s: hello i have the oculus rift headset with sensor and xbox one controller and i also have a xbox one s is there a time coming when both will be complatible with each other? being the money i spent...