Can a profile have the backwards compatible corrupted?

Discus and support Can a profile have the backwards compatible corrupted? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So my xbox one s was working fine until like1yr & 1/2 ago that I decided to revisit one of my backwards compatible games. The week prior I had tested... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sl4ught3r J, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Sl4ught3r J
    Sl4ught3r J Guest

So my xbox one s was working fine until like1yr & 1/2 ago that I decided to revisit one of my backwards compatible games. The week prior I had tested one xbox360 game(mafia2) and played it for like 30 minutes. Then decided to buy all the dlc available for the game. A week later I went to play the game and when I put the game on the disc tray I noticed that the game was taking really long to load pulled it back out sprayed it with compressed air to see if was dust, put it back on disc tray and noticed that tried to read the disc but just stop and nothing tried another game and the same happened.tried like3 different ones to no avail. But the strange thing is that with xbox one game discs there's no issues it's just with backwards compatible discs except the digital versions with those no issue at all. Can anyone offer any advice. Thanks ahead of time.

:)

Sl4ught3r J, Nov 27, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Remove the disc from the console, do these 2 steps below, and try again, please.

Step 1: Clear the storage cache on your console.

Press the Menu key on your controller.
    Click Settings, devices & streaming, and then go Blu-Ray.
    Select Persistent Storage.
    Click Clear Persistent Storage 3 times

Step 2: Power cycle your console.

Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console until it shuts down completely.
    Unplug the console's power cable, wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds, this step resets the power supply. 
    Plug the console power cable back in, turn on your Xbox.
  3. DamonMilden Win User

Gears of war 2 freezing when launched

This was actually a problem with Gears of war 2 the game itself, not a backwards compatibility issue. It seems your online data gets corrupted and has to be reset.

forums.epicgames.com/.../740608-Corrupted-Profiles-Causing-Screen-Freeze

One thing it fails to mention in the fix is you need to unplug your Ethernet cable from your xbox360 before performing the steps. I have no idea how to fix this using backwards compatibility on the xbox one.
  4. Alex Atkin UK Win User

Grand theft auto san adreas wont start up after purchase

Have you tried any other backwards compatible Xbox games?

It could be the backwards compatibility software that is corrupt, although I have no clue how you would fix that if it is.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Backward compatibility Xbox 360 to OG Xbox

That it’s almost certain that the backwards compatibility partition is corrupted
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

I Just bought/downloaded Star Wars Battlefront for xbox onto my 360(have a hard drive) I understood it was backwards compatable but

Original Xbox backwards compatibility on the 360 relies on certain files being on the hard drive that are easily corrupted. It is very likely that even if you are using an official Microsoft Drive, at the original Xbox backwards, compatibility is broken, and it cannot be repaired.
Thema:

1. Can a profile have the backwards compatible corrupted? - Similar Threads - profile backwards compatible

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. Child account can’t create a 360 profile for backwards compatible games 8015000A

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account can’t create a 360 profile for backwards compatible games 8015000A: Tried to load a BC game for a new child account, as expected they don’t have a 360 account and when I try to put in the info for creation I get 8105000A error 9330ce7b-3556-456d-b926-7e79ed5cb1a6
  4. I can't dowoland Xbox live profile on backward compatibility Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't dowoland Xbox live profile on backward compatibility Xbox Series S: As in the topic. I can't download the xbox live profile when I try to play COD Black Ops 2. When I try to download the profile, a window pops up saying that I can't connect to xbox live and to...
  5. Error 8015000A when trying to download profile on backwards compatible games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 8015000A when trying to download profile on backwards compatible games.: This only works on the games that require a 360 profile. This is a new account that I have made this year, not with a 360, yet whenever I try to download my profile, it let's me enter my email,...
  6. My Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility will not let me download my profile. Always...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility will not let me download my profile. Always...: I've tried various fixes posted online here and on Reddit for this issue to no avail. When I launch an Xbox 360 title on my Xbox series x I always am stuck at the Xbox 360 screen for 2 to 5...
  7. Backwards compatibility games. ‘The current profile is not allowed to play Xbox Live’

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatibility games. ‘The current profile is not allowed to play Xbox Live’: Hello, My current Xbox One account will not let me play the old Xbox 360 games such as Call of duty Modern Warfare etc. I have tried a number of steps to solve this issue but it keeps bringing up...
  8. cant download profile on xbox one s for backward compatible game

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant download profile on xbox one s for backward compatible game: I’ve never had my own personal 360 or acct on there, always used my brothers back then, now i have my xbox one s back and want to play the old COD games but i cannot log in the xbox live with my...
  9. 8015190A error code when trying to download my profile on a backwards compatible game. Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    8015190A error code when trying to download my profile on a backwards compatible game. Xbox...: Have tried everything that I've read online. Changing avatar Turning off recuring billing and turning it back on changing password changing email turning off 2fa using app password...
  10. Trouble Downloading profil for backward compatible Black ops ll

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble Downloading profil for backward compatible Black ops ll: I just bought xbox 360 Black ops ll to play on my xbox one and loaded the game but it will not let me download my profile into the game so I can play. I keep getting error code 800704DC. Two...