Can a game pass be purchased from an account balance of a child account?

Discus and support Can a game pass be purchased from an account balance of a child account? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; If a child account has an account balance sufficient to buy a game pass can it be done once without requiring recurring billing and a credit card on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JV_1234, Jan 3, 2023.

1. JV_1234
    JV_1234 Guest

If a child account has an account balance sufficient to buy a game pass can it be done once without requiring recurring billing and a credit card on the account and parental approval?

:)

JV_1234, Jan 3, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Happy New Year.

Hello JV, unfortunately not,, If you are trying to buy a subscription only with balance, I regret to inform you that this is not possible, the new Xbox policies are necessary to back up the purchase with a credit card or debit and this is mandatory, even for a child account or not.

I am sorry for the inconveniences that this may cause you.
  3. WingedBloom9017 Win User

2Spooky 3-Month Xbox Game Pass $9.99 Error

So account balance cannot be used to purchase game pass? Only credit/debit cards?
    Yes, account balance can be used to purchase game pass, i just purchased it today part of it was paid with a partial balance i had on my microsoft account and the rest was paid with my paypal account.
  4. Bandido1508 Win User

Can't download xbox 360 games on xbox one

This is an issue with the market place and 360 games.

This can be an issue with a child account or trying to use Microsoft credits, some purchases may need to be created on the Xbox 360

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/purchasing-xbox-360-marketplace-content-faq/fd3a2dae-8777-4e5c-8e76-00914501c2cf

Q: Can I use my Microsoft account balance to pay for Xbox 360 content on my Xbox One console or from Xbox.com?

A: You can't use your Microsoft account balance to pay for Xbox 360 content on your Xbox One console or from Xbox.com. In order for you to use your Microsoft account balance to pay for Xbox 360 content,
    you will need to make the purchase from your Xbox 360 console.

: Can child accounts purchase Xbox 360 Marketplace content from a Xbox One console or from Xbox.com?

A: Child or teen accounts cannot make purchases in the Xbox 360 Marketplace on the Xbox One console or Xbox.com. In order for a child or teen account to purchase Xbox 360 content, it must be purchased from
    an Xbox 360 console.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate - you need an adult to buy this

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Laura, this message appears because your child's account is a child and it is not enable for purchases, in which case you can put your child's account in a Family and enable the purchase of the subscription for their account.

The other way to uprgrade from Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate would be to buy a 25-digit Game Pass Utimate card and redeem it in your child's account, so the time he has of Gold will convert to Ultimate.
  6. Smwutches Win User

simply trying to make an online purchase....

The Microsoft account balance can only be used to purchase 360 content from a 360 console, but you should still be able to make the purchase using a credit card as long as you're not on a child account. Have you also tried making the purchase from the
    console itself?
Thema:

1. Can a game pass be purchased from an account balance of a child account? - Similar Threads - game pass purchased

2. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  3. Refund for game pass purchase that was not me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund for game pass purchase that was not me: Game pass charge for $52 on my account. My game pass renews the 18th of every month. This purchase was not me. f29c9ebe-3d21-4881-a117-ae57d3c15492
  4. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  5. With Grand Theft Auto 5 X/S leaving game pass January 5th, if I purchase the title, will I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    With Grand Theft Auto 5 X/S leaving game pass January 5th, if I purchase the title, will I...: Basically I don't own an X/S, so cloud is the only way I am able to play this title currently. Rockstar has severed progress between the Xbox One and the X/S versions, so all of my progress is now...
  6. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  7. Can’t purchase game on pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t purchase game on pass: I am trying to purchase game pass but it keeps asking me for my billing adress witch should already be in my account when Ii enter the adress it says “something went wrong on our end try again...
  8. Past Purchases of DLC & Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Past Purchases of DLC & Game Pass: I will be using Game Pass Ultimate to play XBox 360 games on my PC via cloud gaming. One of the games, I already purchased and owned when I had an Xbox 360 years ago, and that uncluded the DLC....
  9. Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?: I just purchased minecraft on the store rather than renewing my game pass thinking that I would be able to play online with my friends without the game pass subscription, and I would have the...
  10. Why do I need to purchase game pass for MWZ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to purchase game pass for MWZ?: MWIII has just released, and I have a problem. Why can I play WZ2 and DMZ for FREE, but not MWZ?! I already played the campaign when it was early release, so I can't really do much without an Xbox...