Can a childs own game be shared upwards to my home xbox account and to their siblings?

Discus and support Can a childs own game be shared upwards to my home xbox account and to their siblings? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a family group and also Game Pass Ultimate with two childrens accounts under it. Alls well with that arrangement and the games I own/install can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brian Hotmail, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Can a childs own game be shared upwards to my home xbox account and to their siblings?

I have a family group and also Game Pass Ultimate with two childrens accounts under it. Alls well with that arrangement and the games I own/install can be played by the kids where age appropriate.
    But, if one of the kids wants a game and buys & downloads it themselves to their own account on my home xbox will I and their sibling be able to play that game on our accounts?
    The hardware is a Series X but I don't think that makes any difference in this case.
    Thanks

:)

Brian Hotmail, Apr 6, 2022
  2. Brian Hotmail Win User

Can a childs own game be shared upwards to my home xbox account and to their siblings?

This is on my console, just the one console here. We dont have (or want) a house full of them.
    Its my home account on it.
  3. Smwutches Win User

If they set the console as their Home then yes, they can share it with anyone else on that console.
  4. WPAK Win User

Xbox live gold not working on child account

Hi there,

on the Xbox One an account can share his digital purchased games and subscriptions via the Home console setting on the primary console, which will allow other accounts on that console to those items (Like Xbox Live Gold).

Please see this link on how to share these things via the Home console setting:

https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

If this is on the Xbox 360, then I'm afraid each account will require their own Xbox Live Gold subscription

I like to add that a child account that is part of a family will Not automatically have access to subscriptions and games owned by a parent account. These items can only be shared via the Home console setting on the Xbox One console.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Change adult account to child

Hi Dave,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are wanting to change adult account to a child account. Unfortunately, this is not possible as the birth date set on Xbox.com is set and is unable to be changed. We recommend

creating a separate child account. You can then set the adult account as
    home console
    then the child account can share any subscription like gold or game pass. Also share any games you own.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. StarKi113R13 Win User

Xbox One with Live, Child Account unable to play online games

Does the child account have its own subscription or are you trying to share the subscription through the "My Home Xbox" feature?
Thema:

1. Can a childs own game be shared upwards to my home xbox account and to their siblings? - Similar Threads - childs own game

2. Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...: So as the title says, i tried to change the gamertag for my kid, through the family management portal, I chose the gamertag i wanted and went through the actions. All of this was free, and didn't...
  3. Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?: Hi, My sons gamertag has recently changed and we wondered is this something he can do himself without parental input (he has a child's account and is 8) or should we be concerned about account...
  4. Child account Gamer ID. How can they sign onto XBox on a gaming PC and Still use their own...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account Gamer ID. How can they sign onto XBox on a gaming PC and Still use their own...: Hi. My son is set up as a child account. He was too young when he had his xbox to be set up as anything but a child account. He is still young but needs to access his xbox games on a gaming PC....
  5. Minecraft Java - PC - Demo Only (we own) potential Gamertag causing issue between child and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java - PC - Demo Only (we own) potential Gamertag causing issue between child and...: We bought and had Minecraft Java edition working great, albeit bought on 'mums email / microsoft account' and being played by 'child 1 windows login'. 'Suddenly', Minecraft Java is only able to...
  6. Allow my child to play with brother with his own account

in XBoX on Windows
    Allow my child to play with brother with his own account: Hi, I purchased the game Minecraft Dungeons twice, so that I could install it on two different devices at home and my children could play co-op together. The thing is that one of the copies of...
  7. Creating an Xbox account for my child? Do they need their own (Microsoft) email account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Creating an Xbox account for my child? Do they need their own (Microsoft) email account?: I have an Xbox account and I want to create an account for my child. Do they need to have their own Microsoft email account to receive the invitation? Or I can I just use my own gmail account...
  8. Giving child permission for their own account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Giving child permission for their own account: Please help! I have been trying to create my daughter's xbox profile. She has her email and the start of a profile but when I give my email and password it goes to a page that says no longer...
  9. Switch child over to own account under family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switch child over to own account under family: My child started using Xbox One using my own (parent) microsoft login. Now I want him to be under a child account I have created in "Family". He has points etc from some games under my account. he...
  10. Move Child to own account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Child to own account: My son is now in college and I want him to create his own Microsoft account. He has his own xbox at college and we have an xbox at home. My children that are still at home can not use our xbox...