Can a child account be promoted to adult or no? My account should be and adult account, yet...

Discus and support Can a child account be promoted to adult or no? My account should be and adult account, yet... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Account was made when I was a kid in high school I'm an adult now Kind of pisses me off that I need an adult account to allow/do some things on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Corso6792, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Corso6792
    Corso6792 Guest

Can a child account be promoted to adult or no? My account should be and adult account, yet...

Account was made when I was a kid in high school

I'm an adult now

Kind of pisses me off that I need an adult account to allow/do some things on my console

Anybody know what I can do?

:)

Corso6792, Nov 25, 2022
  2. KindGryphon Win User

Parent account troubles (URGENT! PLEASE ANSWER WITHIN 7 DAYS IF POSSIBLE)

In order to chnage settings on th child account you MUST be logged into the parent account. When the child account is 18 years old you can then promote it to an adult account using the instructions posted here:

support.xbox.com/.../promote-child-account

Otherwise if the account is not able to be promoted yet then unless you can get into the parent account you wont be able to change the child account settings until its eligible to be promoted to an adult.
  3. DangerousBard Win User

How to bypass parental account thing.

Xbox Live determines whether an account is a child account or an adult account based on the age of the account owner. Child accounts are tied to an adult's Microsoft account.

After you reach the age of adulthood (which varies by country and region), you can promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion can be done only from the parent's account
  4. maxen Win User

parental email address wrong but 18 anyway

5. Dirty Loco Win User

Change Age in New Dashboard

[quote user="ArkticZenith"]

I know but I was wondering with the new dashboard update coming soon maybe they will change it so you can change your age or promote to adult account.

[/quote]Why should they let you change your age? Can you change your age in real life?

As for promoting to an adult account. You can promote a child account to an adult account if you are an adult, not a child pretending to be an adult. http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-live/how-to/online-safety
  6. Zeta Psi Win User

i cannot sign up for the enforcement team 1229187332

You may need to promote your account from a child account to an adult account. please follow the following link to promote your account to an adult account and then try again: support.xbox.com/.../promote-child-account
Thema:

1. Can a child account be promoted to adult or no? My account should be and adult account, yet... - Similar Threads - child account promoted

2. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  3. Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?: I would like to turn off the ability to view, send and receive messages/chats on XBOXs for my Children Accounts. I had tried turning off the feature in privacy settings on the portal but they can...
  4. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  5. Child can switch between accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child can switch between accounts: I have a passcode and all restrictions set up. However on my “non home” Xbox, my child can switch between my sign in and the child account. This causes concern on my end Any clues?...
  6. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  7. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  8. How to update child’s date of birth as greyed out on account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to update child’s date of birth as greyed out on account.: I need to update my child’s date of birth but I don’t have the option to. It’s either greyed out or the page takes me back to the main account page. f0ce64a9-86a5-44ae-aa7b-863f1984c04a
  9. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  10. I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...: I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to permanently use it or is there a way to seperate it 09446196-2dfe-4e62-bb7c-ad5d4f87417c