Call of Duty WWII update error code

Discus and support Call of Duty WWII update error code in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I just got Call of Duty WWII, and installed it. Had to install offline to get it to work. But whenever I try to play it, it tells me an update is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AntonioVM25, Nov 10, 2021.

1. AntonioVM25
    AntonioVM25 Guest

So I just got Call of Duty WWII, and installed it. Had to install offline to get it to work. But whenever I try to play it, it tells me an update is needed, but xbox can't get it at the moment, and it gives an error code of 0x8b050033. This has been ongoing since Sat 30 Oct. I checked updates, and it says there are no updates for any games. Activision and Xbox both say on their sites servers are all up and running. So I've no idea what to do. Console is up to date. Any help appreciated.

:)

AntonioVM25, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Hodgie
    Hodgie New Member
    I just purchased a physical disk copy of Call Of Duty WWII. I had to go offline in order to install the disk, and now the game is saying it requires another online update. I am getting the same error code (0x8b050033) as the original poster. I have tried everything that was mentioned in this conversation several times and it will not change. I plugged driectly into my router bypassing my network and still it will not update. If I take this disk and put it into my sons newer Xbox one S it loads the game online as well as any network updates. We are on the same network only he is wireless. This is quite frustrating since it appears I have wasted a lot of money on a disk that I cannot use.

Hodgie, Nov 22, 2021
  3. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Do you have an external hard drive plugged in to the console right now?

If yes, can you unplug it and Please Turn off console > (press and hold power button for 10 seconds) unplug everything from the console > wait for 2 minutes and plug everything back > Turn On the console.

Once done, please check if the issue still persist while the external hard drive is unplugged.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
  4. Daemon69666 Win User

According to Microsoft, this error occurs if the Xbox Live servers are down and undergoing maintenance. Please try a complete shut down by holding the power button until the xbox shuts completely down. Then unplug the console from the wall outlet for a few minutes. Then plug power cord back in. Power your Xbox back up and try to update again.
  5. Petr Shawn Šonský Win User

I did everything described here (turn off console, unplugging, restart console, delete game, etc) .. but nothing solved the problem error code 0x8b050033. So expensive game and we are not able to play!?
  6. emarrero Win User

I brought series x back in March 2021 and ww2 just crashes at logging in everything. Till this day it still doing this issue(Jan 7 2022 still no fix
  7. F1GHT1NG DRAG0N Win User

No still doesn't work no matter what I try
Thema:

1. Call of Duty WWII update error code - Similar Threads - Call Duty WWII

2. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  3. My PC keeps crashing when I try to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    My PC keeps crashing when I try to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: I recently replaced my RTX 3080 with a 4080 Super, and it works fine with other games, except sometimes when I try to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. I ran into an error on Hogwarts Legacy a...
  4. Call Of Duty With Tmobile Home Internet On Xbox One Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call Of Duty With Tmobile Home Internet On Xbox One Series X: When I first tried connecting my Xbox One to my T-Mobile home internet I couldn't even connect to Xbox Live but I plugged the Xbox into the modem with an ethernet cable and now the game works fine...
  5. call of duty MW3 wont run due to a fault in the; ucrtbase.dll file.

in XBoX on Windows
    call of duty MW3 wont run due to a fault in the; ucrtbase.dll file.: Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty HQ\cod.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll error thats appearing in my event viewer....
  6. Hello, I purchase a xbox one gift card from Target (2400 points - call of duty Modern...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, I purchase a xbox one gift card from Target (2400 points - call of duty Modern...: Hello, I purchase a xbox one gift card from Target (2400 points - call of duty Modern Warfare - in game currency) for my son and have been unsuccessful in retrieving the coins for him to use. I...
  7. Call of Duty update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of Duty update: Call of Duty update will not load. I'm looking for a solution, it been over a week and i am unable to play. b7fe8a89-330d-4ca8-a58a-923d4f1ae8d3
  8. Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S: This is an issue Microsoft needs to fix. Here is a link to a forum that describes the problem in more detail. Very frustrating…...
  9. I was playing Call of Duty Black Ops 1 the other night. Then decided to go onto a different...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was playing Call of Duty Black Ops 1 the other night. Then decided to go onto a different...: Anyone else having the same problem as me. I'm on Xbox Series X try playing any Xbox 360 backwards compatible game online and it says "Your connection to Xbox Live has been lost. Please sign in...
  10. Activision id call of duty

in XBoX Accessibility
    Activision id call of duty: Someone changed my activision id on call of duty and it won’t let me change it back. Any suggestions? 6522b3ff-6e28-468d-ba1f-af7cabe830f0