Buzzing noise when I plug headset into 3.5 mm jack on new Xbox wireless controller.

Discus and support Buzzing noise when I plug headset into 3.5 mm jack on new Xbox wireless controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I've tried everything to fix this problem and it has all come down to the 3.5 mm jack buzzing like a light every time, I know I can just turn... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BillTetzlaff, Jan 20, 2020.

1. BillTetzlaff
    BillTetzlaff Guest

Buzzing noise when I plug headset into 3.5 mm jack on new Xbox wireless controller.

Hello, I've tried everything to fix this problem and it has all come down to the 3.5 mm jack buzzing like a light every time, I know I can just turn the mic monitoring down, but it can still clearly be heard when I'm streaming and it's really annoying
    me. I tried earbuds with a mic as well and the same problem. Should I just get a new controller?

:)

BillTetzlaff, Jan 20, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sandberg Headset issues....

The Xbox One does not support USB headsets, you need a headset that can plug in the 3.5 mm jack socket in the controller, or a wireless headset compatible with Xbox One.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

The jack of the Xbox controller

Hey there Nic,

Was this part of a Console Bundle? Also when was this purchased? As mentioned in "Xbox One controller and headset compatibility"

"As of June 2015, new Xbox One Wireless Controllers will include a 3.5-mm port so users can connect a compatible 3.5-mm audio jack directly to the controller."

If your controller does not have the 3.5-mm audio jack then it is possible that it is an older model.

I hope this helps.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

5. BillTetzlaff Win User

Are you talking about this adapter

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiwmsfogY7nAhXGct8KHcYlA4gQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.com%2Fvideo-games%2Fxbox-one%2Faccessories%2Fheadsets%2Fproducts%2Fxbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter%2F10113825.html&psig=AOvVaw29Ukf6jVbqXJMP9LXOlO7F&ust=1579466611676366
  6. {Parity} Win User

You could try the controller headset adapter. That may resolve the issue.
Thema:

1. Buzzing noise when I plug headset into 3.5 mm jack on new Xbox wireless controller. - Similar Threads - Buzzing noise plug

2. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  3. Xbox series s making buzzing noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s making buzzing noise.: Hello, im Yasi, i have been facing some problems with my xbox series s, i have got it from 2022 around june. lately its been making a buzzing or wheezing noise on the left hand side of the xbox...
  4. Buzzing noise from the back of an xbox one x.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzing noise from the back of an xbox one x.: So basically i was playing call of duty,i paused call of duty and it started buzzing. Few hours passed and i heard a coil sound or smth,would it be a power supply issue or fan?...
  5. Buzzing noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Buzzing noise: Why does my Xbox series buzz when switched off it's on energy-saving mode? I can only hear it when I put my ear on the Xbox. 29d77d78-c828-4664-91da-35737c98f0d7
  6. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power: So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it...
  7. Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?: Hi, I just want to find out if its normal for a Series X to make a buzz noise every time it starts up from powering off. I've read that it's the disk drive searching for a disc but my paranoia is...
  8. Xbox 1 controller buzzing Noise.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1 controller buzzing Noise.: I have this wireless Xbox 1 controller and tried to connect it to Bluetooth on my pc but it didn't work. So I just plugged it in USB, and when I plugged it in it made a bussing noise? I took out...
  9. Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise: My controller suddenly stopped working and won’t turn on. I tried: - using new batteries - plugging it directly to the console. - holding the power button for very long time (over 30 seconds...
  10. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...