Buzzing from the power supply. Console turns on and then off almost immediately

Discus and support Buzzing from the power supply. Console turns on and then off almost immediately in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What can I do to troubleshoot the issue? ce52191c-8e1d-41e4-af4d-9c1c0ac422ab Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LJMSr4, Sep 10, 2022.

1. LJMSr4
    LJMSr4 Guest

What can I do to troubleshoot the issue?

:)

LJMSr4, Sep 10, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, and did you already tried this?

1. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 2 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 2 minutes. This step resets the internal power supply.
    2. Plug the console power cable back in.
    3. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If that doesn't work, did you tried connecting the console to a different power outlet or in a different room?
  3. LJMSr4 Win User

Xbox one X.

I hope it's not the brick. My daughter has an Xbox. I tried her power brick as well and it yielded the same results. Buzzing when connected, powered on and off shortly afterwards.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this LJMSR4

Could be an issue with the power brick itself.
    But first, may I know what console do you have?
  5. LJMSr4 Win User

I believe I did leave it unplugged for at least two minutes when I used my daughter's power brick. I'll retry all of your steps in the a.m. The one thing I didn't do was, try a different outlet although the outlet is a working outlet. Thank you for your time.

I'll try all of this in the a.m.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, sure thing!
    Let me know the resolution.

But just to let you know, if maybe the issue persists sadly you need to get serviced your console with your closest official/authorized electronic repair shop.
    Probably there's an issue with the internal power supply, but can be something else.
Thema:

1. Buzzing from the power supply. Console turns on and then off almost immediately - Similar Threads - Buzzing power supply

2. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  3. Xbox series s making buzzing noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s making buzzing noise.: Hello, im Yasi, i have been facing some problems with my xbox series s, i have got it from 2022 around june. lately its been making a buzzing or wheezing noise on the left hand side of the xbox...
  4. Buzzing noise from the back of an xbox one x.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzing noise from the back of an xbox one x.: So basically i was playing call of duty,i paused call of duty and it started buzzing. Few hours passed and i heard a coil sound or smth,would it be a power supply issue or fan?...
  5. Xbox fan is buzzing and squeaking. Will it mess up the Xbox if you put electronic oil on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox fan is buzzing and squeaking. Will it mess up the Xbox if you put electronic oil on...: My Xbox has randomly started buzzing and squeaking. I have found it out to be the fan and im wondering if it is due to it maybe getting too dry? Would putting electronic oil on the fan possibly...
  6. Buzzing for xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzing for xbox series x: Xbox series x is buzzing whenever I pause or skip music on Spotify also when skip ads on YouTube app. Moment press home button. It stops but tried differnt wires and still happens not sure what to...
  7. Buzzing noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Buzzing noise: Why does my Xbox series buzz when switched off it's on energy-saving mode? I can only hear it when I put my ear on the Xbox. 29d77d78-c828-4664-91da-35737c98f0d7
  8. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power: So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it...
  9. Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?: Hi, I just want to find out if its normal for a Series X to make a buzz noise every time it starts up from powering off. I've read that it's the disk drive searching for a disc but my paranoia is...
  10. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...