Buying Xbox series X game on Xbox One (unplayable on xbox one)

Discus and support Buying Xbox series X game on Xbox One (unplayable on xbox one) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am looking at the store and it says that STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor cannot be played on my device, but if I were to buy it on my device (xbox one),... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Diego Vizzerra, May 15, 2023.

1. Buying Xbox series X game on Xbox One (unplayable on xbox one)

I am looking at the store and it says that STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor cannot be played on my device, but if I were to buy it on my device (xbox one), would I be able to install it on an Xbox series X? I guess my main question is will me buying it on the xbox one transfer the game on the xbox series X, just like any other game?

:)

Diego Vizzerra, May 15, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

When entering the Microsoft store hovering over the buy button for Grand theft Auto v Xbox series x|s edition

Hi again Don

There appears to be an issue with the Xbox Series X/S version of Grand Theft Auto V being compatible with the Xbox One Xbox One X version. Therefore, the Xbox Store may not allow you to purchase the Xbox Series of the game if you have an Xbox One.

Buy the Xbox One version of Grand Theft Auto V. This version of the game is compatible with Xbox One X and is cheaper than the Xbox Series X/S version. I'm not sure but I think it's no longer available to buy in the store.

If you decide to upgrade your Xbox One X to an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, you can do so through the Xbox Store or an authorized retailer.

Oskayra H.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

If I buy a digital hogwarts Legacy code fro Xbox Series X will it work if I put it in on Xbox one?

I am thinking of buying hogwarts legacy as a digital game but it is sold out for Xbox one so should I buy the Series X game and put the code in the Xbox one Store?
    No. The series X/S version of the game will only work on the Series X or S.

The only way that would work is if it's a code for the digital deluxe version of the game (which comes with both the series x/s and xbox one versions of the game)
  4. Das Koop Win User

Xbox Series X thoughts?

With the Xbox One X you'll be safe to wait well after launch to buy the new Series X.

They've already said that launch games like Halo Infinite will also be launched for Xbox One consoles.

I've had my Xbox One X for over a year. I plan to buy the Xbox Series X for my main television and then move my Xbox One X to my living room television as my secondary console.
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox Series X/S games "not playable on this device" on brand new Xbox One X

I just bought a brand new Xbox One X, but when I go to the store, Flight Simulator and other Xbox Series X/S games say they are "not playable on this device" and I can't get Flight Simulator to install on my brand new Xbox One X because it says it's "not compatible". Very frustrating.
    So you bought an Xbox One X and expected to be able to play an Xbox Series X game on it?

Why would a game made for an Xbox Series X work on an Xbox One X?

If you want to play Xbox Series X/S games I would take your brand new Xbox One X back to the store you bought it and see if they will take it back and you could try and buy an Xbox Series S (Series X consoles are very hard to find, but a Series S can be found fairly easilly)
  6. Belle B Win User

Hi Diego

Yes, your purchases would be bound to your Microsoft account that you used to purchase the game, so if you purchase it through the console (if the system would allow you) if you sign in on your series X, it goes with you.
Thema:

1. Buying Xbox series X game on Xbox One (unplayable on xbox one) - Similar Threads - Buying series game

2. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  3. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...
  4. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  5. If i buy a Fortnite bundle from amazon labelled as for "Xbox one / Xbox series x/s " will...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i buy a Fortnite bundle from amazon labelled as for "Xbox one / Xbox series x/s " will...: Hello, i am wondering if i were to buy this pack...
  6. I Can't buy EAFC24 after playing the 10 hour free trial xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Can't buy EAFC24 after playing the 10 hour free trial xbox series x: The trial ended and i tried to buy the game from the microsoft store but it refused please help the sale ends in 3 days dbdadce8-675e-4d39-be81-d6653e4599f7
  7. Do I have to buy madden separate for older gen or can I buy x series game and play on Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do I have to buy madden separate for older gen or can I buy x series game and play on Xbox one: If I order the Xbox one/x series and it only says X Series will I be able to play it on Xbox One 2e0cd30d-f960-44e3-ab0d-47c0fd1c4d88
  8. if I buy a game disc for xbox series x, can I use that disc on my xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if I buy a game disc for xbox series x, can I use that disc on my xbox series s?: my mum bought me a game for xbox series x on mistake but I have an xbox series s, so can I use the disc for xbox series x on my xbox series s a28da37d-d262-42d5-bcf2-adf9f88368a4
  9. Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...: I have owned these Ubisoft games for at least a year and have played online with friends without any issues, but now when I launch them and go to start an online game it brings up the game pass...
  10. I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and...: I have a laptop that have strong wifi can i buy game from xbox store in xbox series s and download games files in my laptop then transfer the files to my xbox series s?...