Buying Xbox 360 game DLC content with Microsoft rewards points

Discus and support Buying Xbox 360 game DLC content with Microsoft rewards points in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a fair amount of Microsoft rewards points from doing Bing searches and daily activities and so far I've been using the points to buy 1 month of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GR412, Dec 7, 2019.

1. GR412
    GR412 Guest

I have a fair amount of Microsoft rewards points from doing Bing searches and daily activities and so far I've been using the points to buy 1 month of Xbox Live gold.

However is there way I can purchase Xbox 360 game DLC content with Microsoft rewards points?

For example, on Xbox 360 Borderlands 2, there are a number of DLC's that I can purchase. Some have a redeem code option where as others I can buy normally with a credit / debit card.

Thanks.

:)

GR412, Dec 7, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey GR

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are seeking a way to use the funds on your Microsoft account to purchase Xbox 360 content.

While this normally this cannot be done on the Xbox One platform, as stated by Xbox Forums Ambassador, MVP, and Moderator

Smwutches
    , to purchase any sort of Xbox 360 media you need to be on an Xbox 360, however, in some rare instance, you can purchase Xbox 360 DLC for a game from inside the Xbox 360 emulator on the Xbox One.

This requires you to be able to access the "in-game" DLC store, and when selecting the item you would like to purchase, you should be able to use the funds on your account. As there is no way to manipulate the Xbox 360 Marketplace outside of the Xbox 360
    emulator on the Xbox One console, this means that you would not be able to buy Xbox 360 games.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  3. GR412 Win User

Yeah the link is an Xbox gift card. And I see, I thought the gift cards were like a code, like the 1 month of Xbox live gold.
  4. alexander01365 Win User

Creo que puedes comprar targetas de regalo

[Mod Translation - I think you can buy gift cards]
  5. WaunaKeegan11 Win User

6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello GR412,

Thanks for keeping us updated. As long as the DLC is also backwards compatible then you should be able to purchase them on your 360 console to be used on your Xbox one. There should not be any issues there. Same goes for games purchased on the 360.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Thema:

1. Buying Xbox 360 game DLC content with Microsoft rewards points - Similar Threads - Buying 360 game

2. If i download an xbox 360 game from the disc and after i saved a game i delete it and buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i download an xbox 360 game from the disc and after i saved a game i delete it and buy...: If i download an xbox 360 game from the disc and after i saved a game, i deleted and buy the game from the store. The save remains? 366c72a8-2ee3-4d4c-97e4-ca19dff66b83
  3. Where can I buy jurassic park the game 360 version for cheap?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can I buy jurassic park the game 360 version for cheap?: I looked around, Microsoft has it but not sold separately, looked on Amazon but either it was 30.00 or 80.00. I don't want to pay a insane price for a game that's been out for around 20 yrs....
  4. Am I able to log into my Xbox one account on a 360 in order to buy a game? And if so will I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I able to log into my Xbox one account on a 360 in order to buy a game? And if so will I...: I want to get a old game since I lost my disc, but the devs only rereleased it on the 360 store. 4809c05b-e1cf-42d2-b74d-decaab07c39c
  5. How can I buy a DLC for an Xbox 360 game on Xbox One Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I buy a DLC for an Xbox 360 game on Xbox One Series X?: I own Toy Soldiers Cold War on my Xbox One Series X. It has a DLC called "Napalm" that I want to get. However, when I go to the Microsoft Store it lists the DLC as "not currently available". Is...
  6. If I buy a game said to be an Xbox 360 game on the Xbox store website, can I download it on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a game said to be an Xbox 360 game on the Xbox store website, can I download it on...: In particular, Rayman 3 is currently on sale on the Xbox store (Buy Rayman 3 HD | Xbox) and it says it's originally an Xbox 360 game even though it says it can only be downloaded to the Xbox One...
  7. I cannot buy any XBox 360 game from the web store, always an error when requested to add a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot buy any XBox 360 game from the web store, always an error when requested to add a...: Okay so I'm really tired of this, hopefully I'll get a solution over here. Basically I moved to Costa Rica some years ago, I bought a 360 console and would like to play some games. Easy, right?...
  8. If I buy a Xbox 360 game on the Microsoft Store, will I be able to play it on my 360 console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a Xbox 360 game on the Microsoft Store, will I be able to play it on my 360 console?: I know I can buy Xbox 360 games through the Xbox Marketplace (https://marketplace.xbox.com/pt-BR/Product/Castlevania-Symphony-of-the-Night/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410847) or the Microsoft...
  9. Error 80153016 when I try to buy a game for xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 80153016 when I try to buy a game for xbox 360: I've tried to buy Battlefield: Bad Company (for xbox 360), but I get that error. I've tried all the tips (clear cache and bazaar data, and even check if it's still available and it is) but nothing...
  10. comprar un juego de xbox 360 para xbox one[buy an xbox 360 game for xbox one]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    comprar un juego de xbox 360 para xbox one[buy an xbox 360 game for xbox one]: hola. quiero comprar un juego de xbox 360 retrocompatible. Tengo una xbox one pero no puedo hacer la compra. Tengo todos mis datos de compra en xbox pero cuando entro para hacer la compra me dice...