Buying in UK or Australia

Discus and support Buying in UK or Australia in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have promised the kids an xbox one but we are emigrating to Australia shortly. Not being an expert on these things, would I be better purchasing in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PurpleCorn455, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Buying in UK or Australia

I have promised the kids an xbox one but we are emigrating to Australia shortly. Not being an expert on these things, would I be better purchasing in the UK where they are cheaper, or purchase in Australia? Will games, DVD' s, blu ray discs purchased in
    Australia work on a UK machine? Thanks

:)

PurpleCorn455, Jan 5, 2014
  2. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    GoW 3 UK 18+ Version..

I Was Thinking Of Buying The 320GB Gears Of War 3 Console/Game Bundle From The UK ..

I Was Just Wondering, What Problems Would Arise From Using The Console In Australia & If The UK GoW3 18+ Game Alone, Would Work On My Australian 360..??

I Have Heard Of Problems, With MS Point Redeem Codes In Australian Stores, Being Region Locked To Consoles Only Sold In Australia.. Is This True..??

Because, I Can Save About $17-$18 On 4200 MS Points, From A UK Store [$51].. [Reputable UK Gaming Store, Sends Redeem Code Via Email etc]

Cheers For Any Input..

OCRyzen, Jan 5, 2014
  3. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    What's Caught Your Eye in February?

[quote user="Pinbot Fembot"]

Thanks for the insight, Wolf; NeverDead does sound a bit B-grade lol. But I will look forward to buying it when it hits $20. Syndicate is banned here in Australia (*rolls eyes*), so I'll import it from New Zealand or the UK where governments GTFO out of
    gaming.

[/quote]

Man, Australia like Germany seem to be extremely strict when it comes to game censorship.

brandiesel1, Jan 5, 2014
  4. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest

Hey PurpleCorn!

Xbox one games are not region locked so all xbox one games will work on any console. The Xbox One's Bluray/DVD player is region locked though. Good news for you, the UK and Australia share the same region codes for Bluray's and DVD's so anything you buy
    from the UK or Australia will work on a console purchased in either country so it's up to you where you want to buy it from!

Hope this helps!

sniffles x, Jan 5, 2014
  5. TheBigBobby
    TheBigBobby Guest
    Personally, I would buy the console in Aus when you arrive. The reason would be for warranty and return purposes. We have very strong consumer laws here. You also wouldn't need to worry about getting adaptors/new power leads to fit our sockets..

TheBigBobby, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Ok thanks for the advice guys. Will wait to get to Australia before buying I think

PurpleCorn455, Oct 31, 2018
  7. sniffles x Win User

Hey PurpleCorn!

Xbox one games are not region locked so all xbox one games will work on any console. The Xbox One's Bluray/DVD player is region locked though. Good news for you, the UK and Australia share the same region codes for Bluray's and DVD's so anything you buy
    from the UK or Australia will work on a console purchased in either country so it's up to you where you want to buy it from!

Hope this helps!
  8. PurpleCorn455 Win User

Ok thanks for the advice guys. Will wait to get to Australia before buying I think
  9. TheBigBobby Win User

Personally, I would buy the console in Aus when you arrive. The reason would be for warranty and return purposes. We have very strong consumer laws here. You also wouldn't need to worry about getting adaptors/new power leads to fit our sockets..
  10. smileskybird Win User

why do the controllers not last more then a couple of months if your lucky!

If you live in NZ, Australia, and I think the UK, Microsoft NZ, Microsoft Australia, and Microsoft UK (since Microsoft has offices worldwide) will give you a 12 month warranty when you buy a new controller, due to consumer rights legislation in these countries.
    NZ and Australia have very good consumer rights legislation. As Australia puts it, they have "guarantees which cannot be excluded by any contract". Similar for NZ too.
  11. Obsessive Power Win User

Playing an Xbox One purchased outside of the UK in the UK?

The power voltage in Australia is 230V 50Hz same as the UK. You will not require a different power brick, all you will need is an adapter for the plug.

Xbox One has no region lock outs for disc games. Any games on disc you want to buy in OZ will work fine on a UK console. There will be regional blocks for game downloads though.

Australia uses Region 4 for DVD playback, DVD's from OZ will not play on your UK Xbox One. However, the Blu-ray region for Australia is the same as the UK and Europe, so these films will play.
Thema:

1. Buying in UK or Australia - Similar Threads - Buying Australia

2. Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot buy vbucks despite sufficient credit on microsoft account: Hi, keep trying to buy vbucks (for my son). I topped the microsfot account up to cover payment, but Fortnite keeps asking for permission and more funds - I've now tried it through the xbox site,...
  3. Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024: I literally just got money put on my microsoft account and wanted to buy lords of the fallen so when I went to the play store and buy it, it said oops sorry try again later I'm like why and I try...
  4. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  5. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  6. Unable to buy Minecraft for PC in Australia

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to buy Minecraft for PC in Australia: Every time I try to buy Minecraft on the official site it comes up with an error saying the payment could not be processed. I've tried 4 different browsers, 2 different devices as well as both...
  7. How can I use my Singapore XBOX account Balance to buy gift cards for someone in Australia?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How can I use my Singapore XBOX account Balance to buy gift cards for someone in Australia?: I have some credit in my Singapore Xbox account. I want to use it to buy gift cards for someone in Australia. how do I do this? Thank you. d6b2b4e6-b638-4c7d-84fb-fad5a49b9707
  8. Cannot buy Digital Download of PvZ in Xbox Store in Australia?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot buy Digital Download of PvZ in Xbox Store in Australia?: Went to buy PvZ in xbox store (Australia) and it says not available. Is this correct? Cannot buy in Oz? 5eb72d39-9171-40c6-8707-54ab4ae5adcf
  9. Will a game that I buy from the xbox one US site work here in AUstralia?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a game that I buy from the xbox one US site work here in AUstralia?: Hi there, I was a gamer when the original version of ELITE was available on my commodore 64 waaaay back in the day. I now see that ELITE Dangerous is now available on the Xbox one. my question...
  10. Buy XBOX one from Australia

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buy XBOX one from Australia: I want to buy XBOX one from Australia and use in India. It is not yet released in India. any region lock for Games\Blue Ray Player\ Windows Live Login ? e57198de-4f24-447f-b97d-2c4244a58496