Buying games using a bank card from another country

Discus and support Buying games using a bank card from another country in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am an Australian living in the Philippines. I am visiting my son in Cyprus and bought him an xbox, only to discover that I am unable to buy games for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DuttonA, Jan 1, 2023.

1. DuttonA
    DuttonA Guest

I am an Australian living in the Philippines. I am visiting my son in Cyprus and bought him an xbox, only to discover that I am unable to buy games for him using my Philippines bank cards. Please help!

:)

DuttonA, Jan 1, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

You can't as both Philippines and Cyprus are not an xbox live regiom

Only Philippines is supported via windows

We can't help with this because you are not in a supported region and It gets messy
  3. ngocphi Win User

Cyrus isn't a xbox live region either sigh
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Happy New Year.

Hello DuttonA, the Xbox / Microsoft system has geofancing, it means that to buy games you need to have all the corresponding regions on your console such as account, Microsoft store region, and payment method.

You cannot use your international credit card to make purchases in a region where the card is different.

If you are in Cyprus, your child's console is from Cyprus but you do not have any Cyprus payment method, ideally you would buy a physical Cyprus Gift Card from an authorized store, redeem it on your child's account and you will be able to buy some game or item he wants.
  5. Paul Four Win User

Penalised for not living in the USA

I had your problem living in Madagascar using my credit card from another origin country But when I used my credit card from Madagascar bank it works. So There must be another reason.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Am I going to have region based troubles on Xbox 1 S in Bulgaria with F1 2019?

The Xbox One is region free (with the exception of some Chinese exclusive games).

However, billing and purchasing is tied to specific countries due to tax laws.

To circumvent that, I'd recommend you try to buy a physical disc copy of F1 2019 if possible. That way you will have no problems with billing and downloading games on the console.

Or if you really need to use a download: You will need to have a valid payment option (Credit Card or Bank account) from a Xbox Live supported country.

Alternatively, create an account and set the country of that account to a Live supported country. Then buy prepaid gift cards for the currency of that country to buy the game.

But that "loophole" might not work, and you have wasted money to buy a useless gift card.

So I REALLY recommend trying to buy the game on physical disc. Then you're guaranteed to not have problems.
Thema:

1. Buying games using a bank card from another country - Similar Threads - Buying games using

2. Can I use a one for all gift card to buy a game on the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a one for all gift card to buy a game on the Microsoft store: Can I use a one for all gift card to buy a game on the Microsoft store. And if so how do I do that? 5112aeb9-2c7c-43cf-8e7c-96d04b001e66
  3. Can I use two Microsoft Gift cards to buy something from within a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use two Microsoft Gift cards to buy something from within a game?: So, currently I have two Microsoft cards from the Microsoft rewards program, and I want to get something from within a game that costs 14.99 but I have one 10$ and one 5$ gift card, would I be...
  4. if I buy a game disc for xbox series x, can I use that disc on my xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if I buy a game disc for xbox series x, can I use that disc on my xbox series s?: my mum bought me a game for xbox series x on mistake but I have an xbox series s, so can I use the disc for xbox series x on my xbox series s a28da37d-d262-42d5-bcf2-adf9f88368a4
  5. Can I use the premium upgrade that I can buy here to upgrade my Starfield game that I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use the premium upgrade that I can buy here to upgrade my Starfield game that I...: Can I use the premium upgrade that I can buy here to upgrade my Starfield game that I bought on steam? bb0642be-1de5-4aef-90af-7e0cba10c660
  6. I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...: I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game pass is not activated on my subscription 9fbd7a25-7273-47ad-a43e-58f357085386
  7. Can't buy game using redeemed cards microsoft account money

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy game using redeemed cards microsoft account money: I have put £60 on my sons microsoft account through xbox cards bought at the shop and redeemed them successfully but can't use the balance to buy a game through microsoft store on the xbox...
  8. I want to BUY a game, not use gamepass!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to BUY a game, not use gamepass!!: I want to BUY AoE games. I do not have Xbox. I will not buy Xbox. I want to BUY the games to play on my laptop. I do not want to pay a monthly fee for games I don't play daily. Why can't I buy the...
  9. Do you buy SOT ancient coins with the account you own the game on or on the account you use...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you buy SOT ancient coins with the account you own the game on or on the account you use...: I play SOT on PC, and while I bought the game with one microsoft account, I play it with a different microsoft account. So should I buy the ancient coins with the account that owns the game, or...
  10. received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game: hello, i received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft, and i can see them in the payment option, but when i decide to buy a 4.99 game from the store, it asks me to change my region. The game is from US...