Buying an Xbox One in Canada and taking it to Australia

Discus and support Buying an Xbox One in Canada and taking it to Australia in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am interested in buying an Xbox One, however, I am moving to Australia for school in the new year what issues can i expect to encounter? Will i still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wo thomson, Sep 6, 2014.

1. wo thomson
    wo thomson Guest

I am interested in buying an Xbox One, however, I am moving to Australia for school in the new year what issues can i expect to encounter? Will i still be able to purchase games in Canada and Australia? I have read online that the Xbox One games are not
    region locked but the DVD/Blu-ray discs are due to international requirements. Also any information regarding my Xbox 360 would be appreciated as well.

:)

wo thomson, Sep 6, 2014
  2. sLaynBoX
    sLaynBoX Guest
    Taking my xbox from Australia to Canada

So i want to take my xbox overseas.. Would it be possible to use over there? Would I need to buy a new power pack? I have an australian > canada adapter but I'm not sure if it would work or not. The TV is obviously NTSC but hopefully it works.

sLaynBoX, Sep 6, 2014
  3. Taking my xbox from Australia to Canada

Hi

You would need a new power block from Canada and you will be sorted. don't try and mod your old one.

Don't use the adapter as it will damage your power block/console.

And don't forget games, dlc and points are region locked.

xOx DECOY xOx, Sep 6, 2014
  4. Buying an Xbox One in Canada and taking it to Australia

ChristopherMurray, Sep 6, 2014
  5. wo thomson
    wo thomson Guest
    Do you know what would happen if i just decided to bring my Xbox 360 over? I am assuming that games and DVDs purchased in Australia would not work but would my Canadian games still work and would i still be able to connect to Xbox live and play online with
    my friends?

wo thomson, Oct 31, 2018
  6. wo thomson Win User

Do you know what would happen if i just decided to bring my Xbox 360 over? I am assuming that games and DVDs purchased in Australia would not work but would my Canadian games still work and would i still be able to connect to Xbox live and play online with
    my friends?
  7. ChristopherMurray Win User

8. xOx DECOY xOx Win User

Taking my xbox from Australia to Canada

Hi

You would need a new power block from Canada and you will be sorted. don't try and mod your old one.

Don't use the adapter as it will damage your power block/console.

And don't forget games, dlc and points are region locked.
  9. Jacyintha Win User

Australia to canada.

Contact phone support. Due to opening new regions, they are working more directly with customers for region changes.
  10. XBLRewards5 Win User

Australia to canada.

Hi there, Baz! Thanks for reaching out. We're going to forward you along to the following forum (forums.xbox.com/.../12.aspx), as the folks there can best address your
    issue here. All the best!
Thema:

1. Buying an Xbox One in Canada and taking it to Australia - Similar Threads - Buying Canada taking

2. If i buy fifa 23 gamecode for xbox series s in the usa will it work will it work in canada?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i buy fifa 23 gamecode for xbox series s in the usa will it work will it work in canada?: in the usa visiting and received a visa gift card that must be used here. I figured i should buy the fifa gamecode since I haven’t got fifa 23 yet. Im just wondering if the code will work in...
  3. Xbox All Access Canada - Best Buy - Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox All Access Canada - Best Buy - Series X: My console did not come preinstalled with the 24 months all access. I have called Best buy and escalated it with them - they told me to call Microsoft. I called Microsoft - they told me to call...
  4. I live in Canada and I want to BUY a USD Xbox Gift Card to send to friend in US, what do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I live in Canada and I want to BUY a USD Xbox Gift Card to send to friend in US, what do I...: I have literally tried for an hour to do it through both the US and the Canadian version of the www.microsoft.com website and cannot get it to work. Why is this so hard? I can buy ANYTHING from...
  5. If i live in canada and buy a digital xbox gift card can .y girlfriend use it in yhe USA?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i live in canada and buy a digital xbox gift card can .y girlfriend use it in yhe USA?: Can my girlfriend use a digital xbox gift card if i bought it in canada whete j live 6a9f3f4f-8ccd-4365-b216-acbbd51b3ec6
  6. Cannot buy a xbox gift for my sister who lives in Canada

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot buy a xbox gift for my sister who lives in Canada: Sorry, this is just a rant. It seems completely impossible to buy an xbox digital game for my sister who lives in Canada (when I live in the US). I gifted a game from the US Xbox site, but she...
  7. (CANADA ONLY) Buy Xbox One/1 year EA access not working?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    (CANADA ONLY) Buy Xbox One/1 year EA access not working?: I was promised to get 1 year of ea access if I buy an xbox one between 24-31 December. I got it on the 30th however I haven't gotten my code :( 95b6fba3-42b4-4a3c-a7c1-0c47e7e0b1c3
  8. I can't buy skate 3 dlc because i live in Canada

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't buy skate 3 dlc because i live in Canada: Hi everyone, I am trying to buy some DLC (Danny Way's Hawaiian dream) for the game skate 3 but can't. Every time I go to buy the DLC it tells me to add a payment method (which I already have...
  9. Games buy at the Xbox market in Canada, use in France?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games buy at the Xbox market in Canada, use in France?: Hello I have an account on the Xbox market on the 360 with games that I buy and I have moved to France definitely. If I have a PAL console in France I can download my games that I buy in...
  10. How to buy Xbox one PSU for a console bought in Canada and to be used in India

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to buy Xbox one PSU for a console bought in Canada and to be used in India: Want to buy a PSU for my Xbox one console that i bought in India and want to use in India. Does Microsoft provide it? Where can we purchase it from.I would prefer an original Xbox product....