Buying an extended warranty after receiving a replacement

Discus and support Buying an extended warranty after receiving a replacement in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am still within my 45 day purchase period and they won’t allow me purchase an extended protection plan. My first Xbox was defective and was replaced... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KiearaCrisp, Jan 30, 2022.

1. KiearaCrisp
    KiearaCrisp Guest

I am still within my 45 day purchase period and they won’t allow me purchase an extended protection plan. My first Xbox was defective and was replaced and now they are telling me I am ineligible to purchase the extended warranty according to an internal policy customers aren’t allowed to see. How is this possible?

:)

KiearaCrisp, Jan 30, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

You can only get an extended warranty plan on the console that was bought and not the replacement unfortunately. Sorry about this.
  3. KiearaCrisp Win User

Where online does it say this? How does being sent a defective system disqualify me from the 45 period stated online?
  4. Jesse E' Win User

There isn't anywhere it says this but the thing is, usually a replacement console is a certified refurbished one and Microsoft do not sell extended warranty plan for them.

For more information on this and to contact right team for assistance, kindly go here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/microso...
  5. Lt Farty Pants Win User

Xbox Series X extended warranty

Yes you can. I preordered my Series X from Best Buy. I received it Nov 11th.

Just this morning I added the Microsoft Extended warranty for $49 plus tax.

You have 45 days from purchase date to add it.

It's a great deal in that it extends the warranty out 3 years (not 3 years past initial warranty, just 3 years from registered date) and covers up to 2 controller replacements (only 1 replacement if controller is the Elite) and 1 console replacement.

Best Buy wanted $69 and only extended 2 years and included only 1 controller replacement and 1 console replacement.
  6. Lt Farty Pants Win User

extended warranty

I pre ordered my Series X through Best Buy and received it and registered it on my Microsoft account on Nov 11th.

Just this morning I went online to Microsoft Complete warranty website and started an online chat and purchased the extended warranty through Microsoft for $49 plus tax.

All they did was went online and saw my Series X was registered and added on the extended warranty for me.

It is really a good deal at $49 and covers 1 console replacement and 2 controller replacements for 3 years. Best Buy warranty is $69 for 2 years and only covers 1 console replacement and 1 controller replacement.
Thema:

1. Buying an extended warranty after receiving a replacement - Similar Threads - Buying extended warranty

2. Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024: I literally just got money put on my microsoft account and wanted to buy lords of the fallen so when I went to the play store and buy it, it said oops sorry try again later I'm like why and I try...
  3. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  4. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  5. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  6. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...
  7. When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...: When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it wont let me change my country/ reigon 41f36125-770c-4d8a-81b7-2071d0f26123
  8. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  9. Can I buy a Xbox from DELL abd then buy extended warranty from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I buy a Xbox from DELL abd then buy extended warranty from microsoft?: Can I buy an Xbox from DELL and then buy extended warranty from microsoft. a914e675-c5ea-400e-a29b-c19de08e0ad3
  10. Trying to buy/extend pc game pass but getting error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to buy/extend pc game pass but getting error...: hi I have xbox game pass ultimate (£1 for 3 months offer) and it runs out soon on 24 feb I am trying to extend it but change to £3.99 a month - pc game pass I get this error.... Oops! This...