Buy a digital game as a gift but for Christmas

Discus and support Buy a digital game as a gift but for Christmas in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I want to buy Riders Republic as a gift for someone for Christmas. Its got a big discount at the moment as still has the Black Friday discount.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JACOBBLANCHARD22, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Buy a digital game as a gift but for Christmas

Hello

I want to buy Riders Republic as a gift for someone for Christmas. Its got a big discount at the moment as still has the Black Friday discount. If I buy it now it looks like it will send it straight to the person. I obviously don't want it to go immediate because its for Christmas! I can't see how to buy it now but save the redeeming it til Christmas. Surely I can buy a digital code or something to enable me to buy now and gift later??

:)

JACOBBLANCHARD22, Nov 30, 2022
  2. JACOBBLANCHARD22 Win User

So just to be clear, I can log into Microsoft and go to the store and buy as a gift and put say my sons email address (he already has the game) and it just sends him a code so then I can pass that code to my niece at Christmas?? It doesn't have to be sent to the person I want to buy it for??
  3. Jo Nysw Win User

Did it workout for you? You purchased the game and received a code by email?
  4. JACOBBLANCHARD22 Win User

Good point. I'll do it the other way around!

Thank you
  5. Smwutches Win User

Correct. Just make sure your son knows to not redeem the code.
  6. Smwutches Win User

It is a digital code that you're purchasing, it just sends it to the other person. If you have another email address, you can send it to yourself and then give them the code later.
Thema:

1. Buy a digital game as a gift but for Christmas - Similar Threads - Buy digital game

2. Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?: I'm asking this because I use a Chromebook and since it's possible to do so with GTA V, I wonder if it is possible to do with red dead redemption 2 as well. [moved from de-de]...
  3. If I upgrade from my Xbox One to the Xbox series S, will I need to re buy digital versions...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I upgrade from my Xbox One to the Xbox series S, will I need to re buy digital versions...: I am looking to upgrade to the Xbox series S, however all my games are currently hard copies. If I did upgrade to the S, will I need to replace/re buy all of my games as digital copies? Or as they...
  4. Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?

in XboX Insiders
    Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?: I bought the Fallout 3 add-on pack Broken Steel and Point Lookout. Its been a a hundred years since I have been gaming so I didnt think about the fact that of course I needed the original Fallout...
  5. If I buy a digital game will it stay in my Microsoft account, until I'm ready to download it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy a digital game will it stay in my Microsoft account, until I'm ready to download it?: Its a Christmas present and don't want it to show on his xbox yet db8b833c-8992-43c9-9d9e-859cc41421b1
  6. I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...: I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game pass is not activated on my subscription 9fbd7a25-7273-47ad-a43e-58f357085386
  7. Do I get a digital code after buying a game from the Xbox website

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I get a digital code after buying a game from the Xbox website: Do I get a code or the game disc is sent to my location 633386fc-7316-44cc-854a-b7c74a88afa0
  8. Im buying an Xbox game online from Target and it is digital and will be sent...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im buying an Xbox game online from Target and it is digital and will be sent...: Im buying an Xbox game fifa 2023 from Target and they have it digitally. I will get it via email and I assume they will send a code. I plan to send it as a gift to someone in Spain. Will they be...
  9. bought a game digitalize doesn't download and says I have to buy it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bought a game digitalize doesn't download and says I have to buy it again: Bought gTa again because I said i did not have it then bought it and now it wont download and have to buy it again c07dfaa9-782c-4806-b10a-24bdff92c094
  10. Do I have to buy the game again for a digital copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I have to buy the game again for a digital copy?: I have GTA V on disc and I’ve upgraded to the Xbox S. d87a7bfd-0c07-4716-8a44-060c81e8dfea