Button mapping problem on PC NBA 2k23 with Xbox controller

Discus and support Button mapping problem on PC NBA 2k23 with Xbox controller in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought NBA 2K23, and when I first logged into the game, I realized my button mapping was wrong. My controller, as well as other controllers, work... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Eli E, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Eli E
    Eli E Guest

I bought NBA 2K23, and when I first logged into the game, I realized my button mapping was wrong. My controller, as well as other controllers, work just fine on other games. For example, I cannot use my joy sticks at all in 2k23. Additionally, when I click B, it acts as if I pressed A. And when I click X, it acts as if I clicked B. This is both in-game and at the main menu. Does anyone know how to fix this

:)

Eli E, Jan 4, 2023
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Caden

I can advise you some things but if the issue persists you may need to report this problem to 2K

First, where did you get the game? From Microsoft store or another place?
    Did you tried reinstalling your controllers drivers to see if that helps?
    Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager > search something like Xbox controller category (or similar) > expand the category using the little arrow (">") > select delete/uninstall driver

Click OK, restart your PC and reconnect the controller.

If the issue persists, reinstall/update Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.

You can do it following previous steps, but now select Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.

Can take a while, would be great to wait up to 15 minutes before trying again

If you already tried that, please tell me what else did you do
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. Georges C. Win User

Playing Xbox games on PC

4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

2k23 championship edition pre Order

This one?
    https://www.xbox.com/games/store/nba-2k23-champ...

If yes, Are you able to see an "Install" button on that webpage? Or just "bundle not available"?

Also, if you scroll down a bit and select one of the two games below "in this bundle"
    Are you able to see the install button as well for each game or not at all?
  5. Geri M. Win User

How do I fix the error code issue on NBA 2K23

Hello KristopherRawlings,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having issues NBA 2K23. As per description, you got an error code.

Before we proceed, please provide more information with these guide questions.

1. When did the problem start?
    2. Was this working before?
    3. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    4. For us to better understand the issue, can you send to us a screenshot of the exact error code/message?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

There are several ways to fix NBA 2K23 error code issues. Here are some of them:

• Check if you have the latest update.
    • Check if NBA 2k23 Servers are Down.
    • Restart your router or modem and try to get into the game again.
    • If the error code 4B538E50 appears, possible causes include an excessive number of accounts established to play NBA 2K23 on the console, a software blocking connection to the game server, a random glitch, an out-of-date game, damaged game files, or an outage with the game’s server.

Here are the steps to update NBA 2K23 on different platforms:

• Xbox: Go to ‘My Games & Apps’ from your home screen. Scroll down to ‘Manage’ on the left-hand side menu. Go to ‘Updates’ Select ‘Update All’.
    • PS4/ PS5: Select NBA 2K23 from your home screen. Press the ‘Options’ button on your controller. Scroll down and select the ‘Check for Update’ option. Any available updates will automatically start downloading and will be installed.
    • Nintendo Switch: Select NBA 2K23 on your home screen. Press the ‘+’ button on the right Joy-Con. Select the ‘Software Update’ option. Choose ’Via the Internet’ and press A to check for any new updates. Any available updates will automatically start downloading and will be installed.
    • PC: Click the ‘Downloads’ option at the very bottom of the Steam client and you’ll be brought to a screen which shows any available updates for all installed games on your PC. Select NBA 2K23 from the list and click the play button next to it. It’ll automatically begin updating and install the game files.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

2k23 championship edition pre Order

Thema:

1. Button mapping problem on PC NBA 2k23 with Xbox controller - Similar Threads - Button mapping problem

2. changing the wheel or button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing the wheel or button mapping: I am having issues with my stealth 700 gen 2 headset I can get it to synce fine to both the my series x and my phone but I can not control any volume or 230c3222-84a1-4134-bd89-e766cd4425c2
  3. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  4. Free-map mode: when all buttons are digital

in XBoX Accessibility
    Free-map mode: when all buttons are digital: First of all I'd like to say the Xbox Adaptive app is really good with accepting digital buttons in analog ports like left trigger and right trigger. Basically the idea is that if you plug a...
  5. Future support for extended button mapping on Xbox platform

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Future support for extended button mapping on Xbox platform: I asked bing (ChatGpt) a question about why controller support is so behind technology on the Xbox platform and was told that this is a limitation of the current version of XInput. When asking why...
  6. Is there a way to map the side buttons on my Razer naga trinity mouse

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to map the side buttons on my Razer naga trinity mouse: Hello I’m am very mad right now because the side buttons on my mouse are not being detected so I can’t map them. I am trying as hard as i can to do it does anyone have a way to do it because I’m...
  7. Xbox Accessories - can't map keyboard buttons to Shift function on controller

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories - can't map keyboard buttons to Shift function on controller: Hi, I'm writing about a feature that was recently released for Xbox Accessories, allowing controller buttons to be remapped so that they input keyboard keys when pressed. Here is a link to the...
  8. Mapping keyboard keys to A and B button does not work when connected to PC via bluetooth....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mapping keyboard keys to A and B button does not work when connected to PC via bluetooth....: A and B button are mapped to keyboard buttons but only worked with USB connection. On bluetooth they key presses are not sent. However it is connected and the Xbox button on the controller does...
  9. How do I map the 'B' button to the space bar in the accessories app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I map the 'B' button to the space bar in the accessories app?: I can map paddles to keys on the keyboard but when I try and change the A,B,X,Y buttons to a keyboard key it says the B button must be mapped. In this tutorial it shows those buttons mapped to...
  10. Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat: Like the tittle says, I play a lot of dayz and in the party chat, it’s very time consuming to press the Xbox button, go to the chat tab, and toggle it there. Those crucial moments it takes to do...