Building input switches for xbox adaptive controller

Discus and support Building input switches for xbox adaptive controller in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to build my own custom input swtiches for my xbox adaptive controller since the specs swtiches from able net are quite expensive for me as well... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RabinDhamala1, May 31, 2019.

1. Building input switches for xbox adaptive controller

I want to build my own custom input swtiches for my xbox adaptive controller since the specs swtiches from able net are quite expensive for me as well as I want to modify the outer shapes through 3D printing. Can anyone suggest me good tutorials about
    the electronics part behind building such switches? Would be of great help to me. Thanks in advance.

:)

RabinDhamala1, May 31, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

This is not the right place to ask that questions. We are here to help on the devices available for the system not to suggest ways to build devices already available. From reading your post I think you will find that it is more expensive to try doing
    it your way.
  3. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

That sounds pretty cool but try looking on YouTube.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox adaptive controller re-binding joysticks

Just so I understand you correctly:

What you are trying to do is to have the controller send a button press when you move the Joystick?

As for example, when you push up on the joystick you press A, when you press down on the joystick the controller sends button B, and left and right will be LB RB for example?

If so, then I'm afraid this is not possible.

You can however try to build a similar setup, so that an arcade stick gets wired to 3.5mm jacks that you plug into the A, B, X, Y, LB, RB inputs on the adaptive controller.

For more information on how to connect inputs to the Adaptive Controller,
    see this website which links to an in-depth specification document that explains how to connect various hardware to the Xbox Adaptive Controller
  5. XBF Leslie D Win User

Adaptive Controller

Hi there,

The
    Xbox Adaptive Controlle
    r only comes with the USB cable to charge the controller. You can
    connect external devices such as switches, buttons, mounts, and joysticks to create a custom controllers experience that is uniquely yours. Button,
    thumb-stick and trigger inputs are controlled with assistive devices (sold separately) connected through 3.5mm jacks and USB ports.

Hope this information helps.
  6. LegacyOfHerot Win User

Input specs fro adaptive controller?

Thema:

1. Building input switches for xbox adaptive controller - Similar Threads - Building input switches

2. Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build

in XBoX on Windows
    Constant various BSODs on a newly reset PC build: Hello, I built my PC about 6 months ago and it has been working well for some time, but over the last few weeks I have been plagued by constant BSODs from various sources. Most of them seem to be...
  3. Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.

in XboX Insiders
    Serious problems with party chat with the last few Alpha builds.: When you start a party chat it automatically sets it self to game chat mode and you must go in and disable it then re-enable and disable it before the party chat will actually work. Also. If you...
  4. steam build word frozen at start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    steam build word frozen at start up: im doing games on pc edge win 11. Game just started doing that for me as well. uninstalled, reinstalled. I click on tabs and nothing its frozen at the main screen. Nothing responds to clicking or...
  5. Xbox App using insider build, but I cannot download the insider app to opt out.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App using insider build, but I cannot download the insider app to opt out.: Whenever I try accessing the Xbox Insider App, I am told I have to download "xbox-insider2" link, when I click on it to get to the store page I get an error that the link was not a functioning...
  6. Xbox Alpha Builds friends list is blank

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Alpha Builds friends list is blank: My friends list is currently showing no friends online for the last couple of builds , I have raised a problem and completely reset the Xbox series x but still see the issue. Is anyone else seeing...
  7. Do issues from Insider release notes apply to the stable build as well?

in XboX Insiders
    Do issues from Insider release notes apply to the stable build as well?: From the latest build release notes: We are investigating reports of an issue where the console may not connect to their network as expected on boot. If you experience this, be sure to report...
  8. Just build a new pc, with drives from my old pc in there. I had already installed games on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just build a new pc, with drives from my old pc in there. I had already installed games on...: So yesterday i build my new pc, i am using drives from my old pc with games already installed on there. Now on the xbox app i can't see those games anymore. I tried changing the download folder to...
  9. Controller Input Lag with Dolby Vision on latest build

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Input Lag with Dolby Vision on latest build: My TV comes with three modes - Dolby Vision Bright, Dolby Vision Dark, and Dolby Vision custom. The difference here is that there is not Game mode that is present with other picture settings like...
  10. Looking for some Siren build input

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for some Siren build input: I have a lvl 49 siren and looking for some input of a build for her.....suggestions would be greatly welcomed....thanks. c2337e78-b549-45b8-9ad0-d4e9fd03c4ea