BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

Discus and support BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have the same problem and I'm so close to canceling the Xbox game pass since I cant use it to play anything on my pc. This... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DerrickMcFall, Apr 12, 2022.

  1. BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!


    I have the same problem and I'm so close to canceling the Xbox game pass since I cant use it to play anything on my pc. This is a ridiculous constraint.

    :)
     
    DerrickMcFall, Apr 12, 2022
    #1
  2. Kathy A. Win User

    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

    Thanks for the reply, Filip.fitom.

    We appreciate you have raised this feedback to the right team. Being an Insider actually gives you privilege to be prioritize by the team that will check the feedback to provide better improvement to any Microsoft app or services. A good to know information, we also have feedback option for Xbox app where you can follow the steps provided at the top.

    Once again, we hope that this will be addressed in timely manner by the right team.

    Kind regards,

  3. Kathy A. Win User

    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

    We appreciate your response and details you have shared, DerrickMcFall.

    From what I can see, you are one of the Xbox Insider that has issues with the ongoing feature. However, based on the information you have provided you had a drive that is less than 4K cluster size allocated for saving of your downloaded games. Yours could be an isolated case, as I have another thread, which the OP mentioned this issue for the Insider's freedom to save to another drive (4K) is fixed after an update.

    If you have the latest updates, and you are still experiencing this problem, it is crucial that as an Insider you submit a bug report through the Xbox app so that our teams can continue to investigate and fix the problem.

    To submit a bug report from the Xbox app:

    1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your Gamer pic icon
    2. Select "Feedback" in the drop-down menu
    3. Select "Report a problem."
    4. Click "Give new feedback."
    5. Add [Xbox Forum] in "Summarize your feedback," followed by a feedback summary
    6. The category should automatically be selected.
    Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread.

    Check and find more information on known issues and troubleshooting steps then be part of the Xbox Insiders Community - Xbox Insiders Subreddit!

    Thanks again for helping us help the community!

    Kind regards,

  4. Kathy A. Win User

    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

    Hi DerrickMcFall,

    We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

    Kind regards,

  5. Filip.fitom Win User

    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

    Hi Kathy,

    Thanks for reply. Sadly this "feedback" functionality is a bit frustrating, because it requires to have diagnostic data enabled, without that the whole feedback hub is not letting you do anything...which is really not helpful.

    So the report is now submitted (6.4.2022) , here is "share" link from the report https://aka.ms/AAgl2pp

    tittle is, as you suggested: [Xbox Forum] BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

    one note: ignore telemetry data from that report item, I posted it from one of the testing VM which is win11, but my gaming PC is windows10 2004 19041.1415 which has telemetry disabled (so feedback hub doesnt work), but this is pure app problem, so i guess doesnt matter which OS it runs on.
  6. DerrickMcFall Win User

    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

    In the settings when I set the drive I want to install to (>4k cluster size) It either doesnt let me choose it when selecting a game or it simply looks like this:

    [​IMG]


    where the drive option doesn't let you choose anything
Thema:

BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

Loading...
  1. BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size! - Similar Threads - BUGREPORT app windows

  2. Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox: I've already had it on my PC and console, now I need on the mobile app to see how they gonna look on there. Keep it up with the good work guys submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  3. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  4. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  5. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  6. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  7. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  8. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  9. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  10. BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!: Hello, I dont understand this, xbox app is like only app i ever seen that is "checking" for cluster size of partition and accepts only partitions that are 4k...like whyyy I have insider and xbox...