Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio

Discus and support Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently, Groove music was automatically replaced with Windows Media Player on my Xbox One. Previously, Groove (or perhaps the "Movies & TV" App) was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by alexward1230, Apr 7, 2022.

1. alexward1230
    alexward1230 Guest

Recently, Groove music was automatically replaced with Windows Media Player on my Xbox One. Previously, Groove (or perhaps the "Movies & TV" App) was the default app that opened when casting Audio files via UPnP and it worked without issues. Now, upon casting Audio files, "Windows Media Player" opens automatically. However, it does not play the casted audio file at all, it just sits there. I verified this by using several 3rd party UPnP compliant apps that previously worked, and they all no longer work (including an app that I am a developer for). Additionally, the "Cast To Device" action when you right click a file in Windows itself is no longer able to cast audio files to the Xbox One. I have tried with multiple mp3 files (that previously were able to cast to the Xbox One before the change approx 3 months ago).

To replicate:

1. Download any test MP3 file from here for example: https://file-examples.com/index.php/sample-audio-files/sample-mp3-download/

2. On a windows computer right click on the sample file and click the "cast to device" option. Then select "Xbox One".

3. The Windows Media Player app will open on the Xbox One but will not actually play any audio.

Note, some WAV audio files appear to work but that's because the "Movies & TV" app is opened by default on the Xbox for WAV files some reason.

Anyone else able to replicate the issue? How do we report a bug to Microsoft?

:)

alexward1230, Apr 7, 2022
  2. XBF - Tali Win User

Xbox One Windows Media Player Audio Cast Bug

Hello alexward1230,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. I understand you are encountering an audio issue on your Xbox One. If you would like to report any console errors that you may be experiencing, you may report the error directly from your Xbox console. Please view Provide feedback to Team Xbox for steps on how to report a problem.

I noticed that you have a second thread open at Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio - Microsoft Community. Please refer to that thread for additional assistance and avoid posting duplicate threads.

This thread will now be locked.

Thank you!

-Tali
  3. Gabriel de Londor Win User

4. alexward1230 Win User

Here is the response from the reddit thread:

"Please keep this thread for Feature Requests only.

If you are having an issue with something not being tested in the Insider Program, please contact support via https://support.xbox.com"

Ricardo, how can I get a Microsoft developer to look at this issue. You are telling me to post on a reddit thread and reddit is telling me to post here. I simply want to report this bug and have feedback on when it will be addressed.
  5. alexward1230 Win User

"As I mentioned the feature works correctly currently between windows 11 and the console so it's an active feature, that's why I suggested updates might be needed"

Have you tested this personally? I'm suspecting that this is not the case. That is, i suspect casting no longer works even on windows 11.
  6. alexward1230 Win User

"This could be due to a missing update or future updates being added to the service"

What service, windows media player on Xbox? The Xbox is up to date. Again, this is an issue with the Xbox being unable to play casted videos, not with Windows PC.
Thema:

1. Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio - Similar Threads - Bug Windows Media

2. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  3. Xbox store update bug | Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox store update bug | Xbox one s: I reinstall a new hard drive on my xbox one s and installed the OSU1. After installation everything is working great it’s connecting to the store but when the xbox is updating the store...
  4. Third Party or Hall Effect Joystick Bug on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Third Party or Hall Effect Joystick Bug on Xbox: Hi all, In 2 different games, Baldur's Gate 3 and Lightyear Frontier I've noticed the right stick not working properly when using the crafting wheel in game. In BG3 you can at least select every...
  5. Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?: I've been shrugged off by Microsoft support too many time about this so I'm hoping someone here might have some information regarding it. submitted by /u/Grojniar [link] [comments]
  6. Controller Recalibration Tool Bugged?

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Recalibration Tool Bugged?: So it seems tgere is a lot of us having similar issues regarding thumbstick issues and stick drift? I had ordered a new controller less than 2 months ago and has worked fine right until the latest...
  7. Display bug xbox one x bug hilfe

in XboX Insiders
    Display bug xbox one x bug hilfe: Hallo zusammen, irgendwie aus heiterem himmel ist das passiert, einer ne Ahnung wie man es behebt ? Danke https://postimg.cc/xqzTkjZ5 submitted by /u/WhichCryptographer15 [link] [comments]
  8. How can I stop this bug on MWIII on Xbox series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop this bug on MWIII on Xbox series S?: [img] Hello guys, I have been playing MWIII Ranked and this one issue keeps coming back, making the game unplayable. I am stuck in the game searching screen and when it finds a game it is...
  9. Xbox controllers bugged on windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers bugged on windows: My controllers worked completely fine with Minecraft for years but a few weeks ago suddenly they keep skipping options in the menus, scrolling way too fast, opening up chat in game whenever I...
  10. When does Windows/Xbox plan to fix the LB/RB double click bug on their $200 Elite Series 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When does Windows/Xbox plan to fix the LB/RB double click bug on their $200 Elite Series 2...: When does Windows/Xbox plan to fix the LB/RB double click bug on their $200 Elite Series 2 controller? LB/RB is used for swapping weapons and dropping items in so many games... I'm tired of...