Bug with Xbox home page

Discus and support Bug with Xbox home page in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Whenever I try to move a direction, such as right on the homepage to switch games, it immediately goes back to its original position by going left. If... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kevin Chan2, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Kevin Chan2
    Kevin Chan2 Guest

Bug with Xbox home page

Whenever I try to move a direction, such as right on the homepage to switch games, it immediately goes back to its original position by going left. If I hold right, it repeatedly goes left back to the first game. Same thing occurs for each direction. When I go to the menu with all the account options, the same thing occurs so I can’t go down to the settings for anything. It isn’t the controller since it works fine when connected to my computer, and I know it’s only the homepage because when I open a game like rocket league, I can navigate through the game normally. Another issue I have is in certain menus this doesn’t occur, rather the movement doubles or triples. If I move right, it goes right twice up to four times. Anyone know why or how I can fix it?

:)

Kevin Chan2, Jun 2, 2023
  2. Kevin Chan2 Win User

Bug with Xbox home page

I have done further investigation into why this is happening, and it turns out it really was the controller. The LT button seems to be jammed but I have no way of fixing it, as when I test out every single button, they all work aside from LT. seems to be the reason why it keeps going back to the first game in my home page. Thanks for the help anyways, I might just have to get a new controller now, as rapidly trying to press the LT button as hard as I can won’t fix it. I do have another controller but that one is also broken as it won’t turn on. I will create another post on that one. Thanks for trying to help.
  3. Kevin Chan2 Win User

Bug with Xbox home page

Hello!

I use an Xbox one and I’m not really sure when this issue started as I haven’t used the Xbox in quite a while, and the last time I used it this was not happening. As for the controller, I do have another one but it seems to have broken in the time I have stopped playing. But I know my current one isn’t broken as it works when I connect it to a computer or when I go on to the first game on my homepage. I’ve tried a power cycle already and it hasn’t worked. The only place where this happens is anywhere other than inside of a game.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Bug with Xbox home page

Hi Kevin!

What exactly is your Xbox console model?
    When did the issue start to occur?
    Do you have another controller we could try to connect to your console to isolate the issue?

Be sure to update your controller firmware. You can do that via the Xbox Accessories app on your computer by connecting your controller through USB cable.

On your console, try to power cycle it. Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug it from the power source for few minutes. Plug it back in and turn it on again.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Bug with Xbox home page

Thank you for the additional information. Are you still able to navigate through the Settings? If so, please perform a factory reset on your console. There's an option to keep your games and apps.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

home page

Just to clarify, are you saying that the Xbox is scrolling right on it's own?
Thema:

Bug with Xbox home page

1. Bug with Xbox home page - Similar Threads - Bug home page

2. Bug or intentional with new home screen?

in XboX Insiders
    Bug or intentional with new home screen?: So I just got the new home screen (Beta). I directly noticed that every wallpaper gets dark on the upper half. Hope it's a bug because it looks very bad, especially on darker wallpapers....
  3. I might have found strangest and most annoying bug in Xbox Series Consoles (about how home...

in XboX Insiders
    I might have found strangest and most annoying bug in Xbox Series Consoles (about how home...: Hi everyone, Since I bought my Xbox Series S I never be able to play my games offline and yes my console set as home xbox. When internet goes or if I choose go offline, I am always getting...
  4. Bug xbox home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug xbox home: I have a bug my xbox don't detect home account I have 2 accounts on my xbox 1- my main account (not home account) 2- another account (home account with game pass and and games) should let...
  5. Detecting new security bug of unlimited home switch and stealing from Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detecting new security bug of unlimited home switch and stealing from Microsoft: Update 03/20/2021 New email and serial numbers added We have identified a new bug again inside the Microsoft site and the security of your infrastructure and server. This security problem causes...
  6. Xbox home button bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home button bug: When I hit the home button on my Xbox controller my game freezes with the audio still going. When I hard reboot it happens again. Any fixes/ suggestions? 279d66c7-3b7e-4796-b59b-ae70ac972de3
  7. Xbox home bug??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home bug??: Well, yesterday my friend make my account, his home xbox, and like i use the 5 switches, he needed to make a survey to get the "last one" switch, and yeah he out it as home xbox and all good, but...
  8. mini-menu and home menu bug, wont let me select anything

in XboX Insiders
    mini-menu and home menu bug, wont let me select anything: the mini-menu and home menus wont allow me to click on anything, and when i open the menus, they just scroll all the way down like if i had stick drift, except it wont let me go up at all (i dont...
  9. Small visual bug when I close a game and go to home screen

in XboX Insiders
    Small visual bug when I close a game and go to home screen: Every few times I close a game and go to the home page, the screen will increase the contrast a lot for a few seconds, then normalise. Anyone else experiencing this? submitted by /u/Eliwillow1...
  10. Bug Regarding Google Home Commands

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Regarding Google Home Commands: So, little while back I heard that Batman Arkham Origins was brought to the Xbox One through backwards compatibility. It was apparently only accessable through the 360 game disk though. So today,...